Niyeaux

R.I.P. Ryan Davis

Jeez. He just got married like less than 2 weeks ago or something.

I thought it was a stupid joke at first. Very sad about this, poor guy.

This news is among the worst I've heard from the games industry, ever, in my lifetime. Just not okay, not okay at all. I'm gonna miss you, Ryan.

I feel like if I say much it won't really count 'cause I was never went big into Giantbomb, but he was always so... energetic that I sometimes wish I had. He was a fun guy!

I listened to the giant bombcast every week throughout high school. Man this is really horrible....RIP. While I don't know him personally, I believe the world has lost a very rare and exceptional individual.

Definitely gonna miss hearing his voice on the bombcast every week.

Oh man.

This feels weirdly personal. Ryan Davis had an incredible presence. He had been married for less than a week. I feel terrible for his spouse and Jeff, Brad, Vinny, Patrick... all of the Bombcast folks. 

34, goddamit. He'll definitely be missed.

"HEY EVERYBODY IT'S TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUESDAY."

I wish I could say something meaningful and thoughtful here. Having lost people close to me in the past, I know how devastating a time this can be. I didn't know Ryan personally - same as many of you, I only heard him on Bombcasts (and even then I didn't listen to the show religiously) - but the clear, complete sense of loss it has inspired in my twitter feed is incredibly saddening. It seems like, to everyone he met, Ryan was the sort of person I try to be. Charming, charismatic, witty, acerbic but never mean...

I said it on Twitter, but I'll rephrase it for here: to have people who have never met you mourn your loss is an incredible thing. Bravo to Ryan Davis for having that be the memory he has left, and what a goddamn tragedy it is for his new family and his old friends.

This is horrible, goddamn. And just married too, that's so fucked.

I'm at a loss for words.  I've spent the last few minutes looking on the internet for someone to reveal this was a joke gone horribly wrong but that appears to not be the case.  I still haven't finished listening to the last Bombcast he was on and now I'm not sure I'll ever be able to.

Jeez. He just got married like less than 2 weeks ago or something.

He was on his honeymoon. :[

That dude was kind of a dick to people on Twitter, he was snarky, and he played video games with the controller right next to his mic so they made really loud noises on the recording. And this sucks so much. What a cool, enthusiastic guy. He and Jeff were the heart and soul of Giant Bomb. I can't imagine what his wife must be feeling. I literally cannot fathom the emotions. When I first heard about it I thought it wasn't real. I don't have any more words but this probably deserves more. He'd deny it but he exerted change on the video game industry.

Thanks, Ryan.

said it on Twitter, but I'll rephrase it for here: to have people who have never met you mourn your loss is an incredible thing. Bravo to Ryan Davis for having that be the memory he has left, and what a goddamn tragedy it is for his new family and his old friends.

That's very true. Even I felt upset, though I've barely read GiantBomb in recent years.

Farewell, Mr. Davis.

I have been listening to him for years, staring back in the Gamespot pod days.  The weeks that he wasn't there just weren't the same.  It was almost worth listening just to hear Jeff and his back and forth.  I am at work right now and just found out.  Man, this blows.

This is incredibly tragic and difficult to believe. Ryan Davis was one of the friendliest and most supportive people you could ever hope to meet. It's really impressive to be able to maintain that demeanor consistently while also being caustic and witty when needed; few manage it. What a good dude.