Roderick

Outcast sequel on the way?

What a weird and unexpected thing.

It's been such a long time since i played Outcast.

I remember really, really liking it, and also being completely fascinated with its voxel graphics.

Yeah that game blew my mind when it came out. It seems like a bizarre thing to bring back though.

Yeah, Cutter Slade! 

Curious to see what they do with this. I'd kinda like to see a repackaging of the original with support for arbitrary resolutions and less weird controls. Such an odd game.

I have never played it, but from skimming the giantbomb page it looks interesting

If they did a "HD" version of Outcast with nice textures, that would be swell - and not gratuitous like with many other games. The ony big thing (apart from the bugs) that was always Outcast's biggest flaw was that its ideas and engine were so ahead of their time, they got hamstringed by the technology of the day. Remedying that should uncover a game that's shockingly unique.

Oh, wishful thinking.

I hope this time there will be an Ulukai shirt I can buy.

Also, this is the most unexpected video game news of the decade, probably. I'm thrilled!

As long as there's another surprise Tyrannosaurus Rex, we'll be fine.

I say surprise since even though the thing was on the cover, it still came as this weird thing in the game. Beautiful.

Getting in the mood with the making of. Especially the bits on music are just great. It cannot be stressed how amazing Lennie Moore's soundtrack is. After over ten years, still one of the most beautiful and moving OST's ever.

The experience will only be complete if the new game also deletes itself after installing. Ah, ye olden times...