Lu 

Arma 3 Beta Shenanigans

Arma 3 Beta; More Tactical Thumbs

New Arma 3 version, new thread! The beta sees the addition of a new faction, new weapons, vehicles and features.

mr1o3MM.jpg

Mumble
We use mumble for voicechat.                                                                                       Next Event:       --
Address: idlethumbs.mumble.com                                                                                                             Meet us on mumble.
Port: 8302                                                                                                                               
Password: wizaaaaaaaard (thats 8 a's)                                                                                    
Don't have mumble? http://sourceforge.net/projects/mumble/files/latest/download DOWNLOAD!

Useful addons!

ShackTac Fireteam HUD addon:

http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=18949    

Community Base Addon for Arma3 (required to get the Fireteam HUD to work):
http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=18767

Having the Fireteam HUD is highly recommended.

Joining the Arma3 server                                                                                                                                             
There is no offical server yet. We host the games ourself.  

Search for Mike in the multiplayer lobby.
You will find a game called Mike something something
The password is: idlethumbs
Join it and you're in.

You should probably post what time we are going to play as well. I'm assuming it's gonna be our usual time 2:30-3:00 pm EST (7:30-8:00 GMT).

This is a good idea, but yea, the usual time.

Make sure you redownload the community base addon and the shack tac hud (links in OP). The Alpha versions of the addons arent compatible with the beta.

And a heads up. You will need to rebind all your keys, everything has been set back to default.

Good times! Maybe the best times were all the times I won. Also, that time we played sniper-spotter pairs. That last-minute chopper chase was the best – hopefully we can play some variations of that next time. Maybe with more players? Eh? EH?

Yea, that was a lot of fun. More players would be good, but the 4 player sniper/spotter mission was a lot of fun! Also, being hunted by an attack helicopter is slightly stressful!

Had to miss out on this due to not properly securing a microphone in time.

I'll have to double my efforts as I'm starting to experience Arma withdrawal.

I haven't played in a few weeks because my work schedule isn't set, but I should be able to attend the event this Saturday (7/6).  I read an article on Rock Paper Shotgun about a "Wasteland" Survival mode that sounded pretty cool so if things get slow we could maybe try that.  It does sound like the missions are better which makes me excited to return.

Well that was fun. I think? It's funny I have very vague recollections of what we played yesterday. I remember playing wasteland mode, running into "ammocrates" and meeting a random dude name "Will". I think I was in a mini-submarine at some point with a bunch of folks (toblix? K-bohls?) and ended up drowning for some odd reason.

The only thing I can recall vividly is that damn song from Titanic that's still stuck in my head. What have you done to me?

Another fine evening of Arma 3 operations coming up! Idle Thumbs, ASSSEEMBLEEEE!

Well that was fun. I just dropped the 320GB FRAPS file of it into Media Encoder, so I guess I can spend tomorrow finding hilarious moments or something.

Suuuup soldiers!

ACRE seemed to have had some bugs fixed with the release of Beta.

I willl get some guys together to give it a try and let you peeps know.

Shacktac is allready playing with ACRE in arma 3 and seems to work fine for them

but then again its Shacktac..

Pretty cool mission by the shacktac guys. I picked my fav moment.

edit:

Got the new version installed now. It seems to respond better to my actions. Still need to test it

with some guys. Hopefully tonight. 

Alright! We tested it and it seems to be working properly for everyone we tested it with. Next time we play, we'll be using ACRE! So exciting!

If you follow the instructions in this video, then everything should work out fine. Download links are in the description!

Another thing, once you've done all that. Go to your config > controls > multiplayer controls and remove the capslock binds if they're there. Capslock cannot be bound to anything if you want this to work properly. Also set up a hotkey for the direct communication category.

Yes! Awesome. it worked!

Looking forward to some Arma3 with ACRE.

Still need to figure out how to get more radios. The standard one we tested got a max range of about 1km. Not ideal for missions with heli support in it.

<- Check page 1 for download links and Installation guide.

Yes we will play again once our great leader Lu is back from his roadtrip in the US.

Everybody is welcome to join in. Keep an eye on this topic for the next play date.

These things get added to the Steam calendar, right? I'm much more likely to see that.