Sign in to follow this  
Don Jon

Nintendo trengthens internal development studios

I think Star Fox suffered from a little bit of accidental identity crisis starting with that Zelda-esque game.  I haven't played it - by all accounts it's quite good for what it is - but it underwent the Super Mario Bros. 2 journey of being built as a completely different game before Nintendo decided to slap the Star Fox characters on it.  And to be fair I didn't play the DS game that was supposedly more of a return to form.

I think Don Jon is a spam bot.

I mean, he must be. Please?

I definitely had this thought.

Star Fox gave me the trength to keep enjoying rail shooters, I don't see how their is legitimate disdain for the series.

It's just kind of this corpse that continues to exist through inertia, the first two games were really well liked and everything else has been kind of trash. (Hell, and i don't even like 64, but that's apparently just me.)

If you need your Nintendo-borne rail-shooting fix, check out Sin & Punishment.

Please, somebody play and appreciate Sin & Punishment 2, it was so incredibly good.

I liked the identity crisis. That game gave me a lot joy as a human who likes the Star Fox series, and I would like to see another Zelda like Star Fox.

Sno: I actually don't like Star Fox 64 at all. I played it for the first time on 3DS and was booooooooooored out of my mind. I think that kind of gameplay just isn't for me. Which is sad to say, 'cause I'm usually open to anything, but you gotta hit a wall somewhere, I guess! (I haven't played the original Star Fox, but I probably wouldn't like it, either.)

Haha, I also had this thought. But I prefer to think he's just taking his mistake and rolling with it hardcore, which I greatly respect.

Sno: I actually don't like Star Fox 64 at all. I played it for the first time on 3DS and was booooooooooored out of my mind. I think that kind of gameplay just isn't for me. Which is sad to say, 'cause I'm usually open to anything, but you gotta hit a wall somewhere, I guess! (I haven't played the original Star Fox, but I probably wouldn't like it, either.)

The original SNES game is built on a pretty cludgy and inelegent foundation, but it has some great core ideas, it's ambitious as hell, and it spends its duration taking you through some really inventive, stylish environments and boss battles. It also has just absolutely one of the best, most memorable soundtracks in a Nintendo game. Period.

Also, no voice acting, that's a huge plus.

I also appreciate that it focuses entirely on rail-shooting, i feel that the later games' inability to commit to a specific genre has contributed to many of their weaknesses.

I liked the identity crisis. That game gave me a lot joy as a human who likes the Star Fox series, and I would like to see another Zelda like Star Fox.

Now i'm pretty certain we're talking to a bot.

So, your brynjolf's new protege, eh?

It's just kind of this corpse that continues to exist through inertia, the first two games were really well liked and everything else has been kind of trash. (Hell, and i don't even like 64, but that's apparently just me.)

If you need your Nintendo-borne rail-shooting fix, check out Sin & Punishment.

Please, somebody play and appreciate Sin & Punishment 2, it was so incredibly good.

So, your brynjolf's new protege, eh?

Huh?

This thread is amazing.

Yes, I am completely enraptured by the tones of sarcasm and ambiguity mixed with actual talk about video games. Or maybe I'm just really confused and desperate to figure out what the hell is going on.

The original SNES game is built on a pretty cludgy and inelegent foundation, but it has some great core ideas, it's ambitious as hell, and it spends its duration taking you through some really inventive, stylish environments and boss battles. It also has just absolutely one of the best, most memorable soundtracks in a Nintendo game. Period.

Also, no voice acting, that's a huge plus.

I also appreciate that it focuses entirely on rail-shooting, i feel that the later games' inability to commit to a specific genre has contributed to many of their weaknesses.

I completely agree.  You can see what they wanted to do in the SNES game and there are some great ideas, but the controls always felt clunky to me.  One boss was almost unbeatable for me and I had to save all my nova bombs just to get past it.  I felt that Star Fox 64 fixed a lot of those issues, almost too well.  The original Star Fox was too hard, Star Fox 64 was too easy.

As for the voice acting, I miss the weird gibberish the characters speak in SNES game.  That was so hilarious. 

Now I'm starting to suspect my brother is a bot too, Starfox Adventures is his favorite game of all time and he's beaten about 8 times now. How do I tell guys, is there a test?

Now I'm starting to suspect my brother is a bot too, Starfox Adventures is his favorite game of all time and he's beaten about 8 times now. How do I tell guys, is there a test?

Give him a CAPTCHA!

I'm a fan of the Voight-Kampff test, mostly because I like saying "Voight-Kampff".

Identity crisis? Star Fox lost... everything. However, he came back with Star Fox 3000 HD.

Star Fox 3000 HD, had all the trength you would want in a star fox game.

could we put that trength in a wario game instead

I honestly can't tell if anything in this thread is even real.

Am i real?

Also, i feel very strongly that Nintendo should make another Chibi-Robo game.