Sign in to follow this  
Don Jon

Nintendo trengthens internal development studios

I wouldn't mind some new IPs, but I might appreciate another Star Fox game.

Never has a thread title be so cromulent in conveying a message.

Trength (noun) - the four dimensional analog of length, width, and height. Something with great trength is trong, and something...

Wow, Nintendo is deep.

Was... there an actual story here? Is there a source for the statement made by the topic, ignoring the typo?

Speaking of Miyamoto, i just read this earlier today.

It left me feeling very confused.

Speaking of Miyamoto, i just read this earlier today.

It left me feeling very confused.

I dunno it made sense to me. "We don't want to tackle controversial and/or socio-political topics, so we don't."

I mean, you could certainly argue (and I would agree) that they're far TOO conservative in that regard - it's not like having a female as the main character in a Zelda style game would be bad for the game - but it's completely fair to say "our goal is to deliver fun gameplay, not deep stories."

At least, that's how I interpreted it through the veil of Japanese-to-English translation.

Why can't everyone Trength things up? I assume it involves injecting a mix of caffeine and ketamine directly into sleeping devs. I don't know why this would be and have no basis whatsoever for my guess, but it's still what I'm going with.

Yeah, typical Nintendo talk of the future.

Well then, it's been ten years since the last F-Zero, and GX remains one of my favorite games, so i'd be pretty thrilled to see more of that in Nintendo's future.

I dunno it made sense to me. "We don't want to tackle controversial and/or socio-political topics, so we don't."

I mean, you could certainly argue (and I would agree) that they're far TOO conservative in that regard - it's not like having a female as the main character in a Zelda style game would be bad for the game - but it's completely fair to say "our goal is to deliver fun gameplay, not deep stories."

At least, that's how I interpreted it through the veil of Japanese-to-English translation.

I dunno, this whole bit:

Miyamoto says that introducing women characters, especially in scenarios where women are saving male characters (a reversal of the classic "Damsel in Distress" scenario) into Nintendo games has to feel natural in how the game plays.

"I guess, for me in particular, the structure of the gameplay always comes before the story," he added. "And so we're always looking at, when we're putting that together, what is the most natural story to take place within that structure."

"So, if we end up creating a gameplay structure where it makes sense for, whether it's a female to go rescue a male or a gay man to rescue a lesbian woman or a lesbian woman to rescue a gay man, we might take that approach," Miyamoto continued.

Feels super weird to me.

Why, exactly, would the gender or orientation of the character necessarily have any impact on the gameplay at all? (Unless you're pushing gender stereotypes, which actually happened with Princess Peach's DS game.)

I just want more Metroid.

A double-edged sword, to be sure.

Well then, it's been ten years since the last F-Zero, and GX remains one of my favorite games, so i'd be pretty thrilled to see more of that in Nintendo's future.

I just want more Metroid.

A double-edged sword, to be sure.

This is why Nintendo is trengthening its development studios, to make some more F-Zero, Metroid, and Star Fox. However, I might interested to see what new IPs we could be seeing. 

I dunno, this whole bit:

But I addressed exactly that in my post why do you not acknowledge it. ):

But I addressed exactly that in my post why do you not acknowledge it. ):

I don't think you really did, at least not in the manner that i wished to.

Why is there always a latent demand for more Star Fox games, anyway? There's like one good Star Fox games and a bunch of really crummy ones.

Every addition to the series trengthens it more.

Also, more opportunity for furry amputee fan fic.

Why is there always a latent demand for more Star Fox games, anyway? There's like one good Star Fox games and a bunch of really crummy ones.

The potential established by the first two titles is inescapable, though.  The flying missions in Star Fox: Assault, what few there were, I remember being grand.  There's exactly zero reason why Nintendo couldn't make a great Star Fox game.

For some reason I feel the need to insist that I'm not against the ground-based missions in principle.  But if they're going to comprise fifty percent of the game or more, they shouldn't pale so agonizingly in comparison to the air-based stuff.

Star Fox gave me the trength to keep enjoying rail shooters, I don't see how their is legitimate disdain for the series.