BaconisPrime

Space colony sim by ex-Irrational fellow

Full disclosure he's the brother of a friend of a friend.  So, take that as you will.  I mostly got interested in it because "hey, I saw that guy a handful of times in the past 15 years" and he's making a game!  But having watched the Let's Play that he just posted to youtube I think there's a lot in there to appeal to a fair number of folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tylehyHrvVI#at=932

Oh yeah, his name is Tynan Sylvester and Ludeon Studios is his company's name.

Nice concept. Always love a bit o' simulation. I hope the art becomes more unique though, as right now it looks extremely Prison Architect-esque to me.

I like it's current look, I don't know if he's planning on changing it.  I don't mind it looking a bit like Prison Architect as I like the way PA looks as well.  My favourite part is when he takes that dude prisoner.. really made me think about the scope of the systems that might be in this game.  I just hope the end game isn't returning to a ruined earth so we can repair the Statue of Liberty.  Also, some very, very light multiplayer integration would be a nice *option*.  Like maybe just the ability to send small raiding parties to other *random* players, with the option to communicate with them from that point forward would be neat.

Interesting. Not really wanting to get into Prison Architect and this looks like a good alternative.