Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Splinter Cell 3

The first thing I noticed about the game was the how much better looking it is than its predecessors. That's not a knock on Pandora Tomorrow, which is a great looking game in its own right. It simply doesn't look as polished as Chaos Theory, which shines thanks to some liberal helpings of bump- and normal-mapping, giving the surfaces a realistic and highly detailed sheen. You can see the depth of the grout between tiles, and Sam's character model looks particularly nice, especially as the light reflects and refracts off of his shiny stealth suit.

What the Hell kind of shiny stealth suit is that?!

Hey, if the guards don't notice his bright green, glowing goggles, I don't think they'll notice a little sheen.

And also, if you go to the official site and watch a few of the trailers, you'll notice that character models (the faces, really) just look kinda wierd. I'm still totally stoked for this game, though.

I think shiny in a symbolic manner, in the same way John Romero's hair is long and shiny.

But John's hair really is shiny. :innocent:

eh, i might get this game. I'm just freakin' tired of the 'guard sees you once game over, shoot anyone game over, fart in the wrong direction, game over' gameplay, it should give you more of a chance if anyone discovers you. also, it takes like 23 shots to kill a bad guy, but for you it takes only 2

Hey, if the guards don't notice his bright green, glowing goggles, I don't think they'll notice a little sheen.

Approximatively translated by me from the french mag Joystick

Joystick : First, how come that something as little discreet as three big shiny green dots on the forehead can become the symbol of stealth on PC ?

Mathieu Ferland : At first, these dots should have been a lot more subtle and not really shiny. But we realized that gamers, after having broke the lights, didn't manage to find themselves/their way through darkness. Night vision,it's useful, but it doesn't put forward the beauty of the graphics. So, we decided to leave these marks on Sam fisher, it's an unrealistic thing that we tolerated. Moreover, it's a good visual element and we use it for marketing.

It would also be the first game to feature convincing invisible walls. When Sam walks into one, he'll make a mime-gesture to let the player know he's out of luck.