I_smell

Pikmin 3

I finally took a solid afternoon to sit down and beat the final boss! I'm not sure how I felt about that very last fight, but this is still a damned good, beautiful game.

Temporary avatar change to celebrate.

I got frustrated with the final boss and stopped there. Is it worth going back to?

I'd say so. The last boss isn't so bad once you accept that it's going to take several in-game days to beat it. Use Brittany to lead a team of 10 Flying Pikmin carrying Olimar around in a loop of the environment using the "Go Here" function of the map while Alph and Charlie take a buttload of other Pikmin and clear out all the environmental puzzles. The combat portion mostly involves hammering the boss and then destroying the pieces that fall off while avoiding elemental attacks.

Yeah, when I beat it I spent two days getting it to where you fight it and then a third actually fighting it. It wasn't so bad, just dumb.

I just started playing this today and I understand the fruit is the new time limit, but I don't remember that young Pikmin get left behind just because they are slower... I almost took off when I noticed some had been left behind just because I'm too fast for them. I had just discovered the nectar and sure enough, the ones that didn't drink it were the ones left behind.

I'm kinda just doing it blindly, I've beaten Pikmin 1&2 and Little King's Story (which is basically Pikmin) so I assume I'll do fine without help.

I really love the dumb names the "human artifacts" and fruits have and how playing as a different character gives different reactions to some scenes. 

Is it safe to assume they'll do some special event each time they want to introduce a new Pikmin species? I just hope they don't separate the group each time just for this.

A little late for Halloween but hell, I've just completed this game so let's dig this thread up. Have the Thumbs still not Pikmin Threed??

The game's good because it's more Pikmin and it's HD and looks beautiful. It took me a while to adapt to the optimal control set-up (wiimote & nunchuck are best but the gamepad needs to be closeby for map scrolling and plotting paths for the leaders you're not controlling) and I experienced a few frustrations with them, more than previous games. The boss battles are my least favourite part due to this.

I spent a lot of time WAITING in between days. The fruit squeezing screen, the totals screen, the log screen, the save screen, the map screen. Some of it was skippable but the whole rigmarole was a ballache, especially if I just wanted to restart the day.

That all sounds quite negative, but I did enjoy it. Of the three games it's probably my least favourite, although returning to the original without pointer controls might be jarring. I liked the time limit compromise of linking it to how much fruit you had to survive. And I liked the new Pikmin.

Anyway, no more boss battles - just vacuuming up the fruit I missed, which is the best part. I'll check out the challenge maps - has anybody looked at them?

I only played the challenge maps co-op, but they were super fun.

I've always enjoyed the Pikmin series, so much so that Olimar was my main in Smash Bros Brawl! I got into a great swing playing Pikmin 3 until that dang sand-dwelling, rock spitting creature came along and put a stunt in my progression. I keep meaning to go back and CRUSH said fiendish creature but find myself answering the call of Falling Titans, Battled Fields and Poked Mons all too often.