Sign in to follow this  
Patrick R

Looking For A Fairly Specific Doom Mod

One of my favorite things in the world is to play Doom or Doom 2 while listening to Bikini Kill's first two albums. Apart from being one of the most 90's things I can imagine (I should say I play while wearing 3D glasses, flannel, and eating an Arch Deluxe) the music is probably the most aggressive punk rock you can get before melodies and hooks start going out the window. Also, Kathleen Hanna's righteous feminist anger is the kind of aggression I can get behind more than most angry music, which is about I guess how angry Satan is at dragons or something. It can be hard to make out the lyrics to most death metal.

But Doomguy's smirking marine face isn't really a good fit for riot grrl. So I figure I'd like to take this grrl powered past-time one step further and try to find a Doom mod that alters your icon into a woman. Does anyone know of such a thing? Or where a good place to look for one would exist?

which is about I guess how angry Satan is at dragons or something.

This made me smile. (Dragons usually feature mainly in

rather than Death metal :))

Unfortunately I do not know of any such mods... But it seems unlikely that it has never been done.

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED.

FemDoom.wad from October 1994 might still be your best bet:

femdoom.jpg

Anna Anthropy mentions it briefly in her book "Rise of the Video game Zinesters".

Sadly it does not replace the original pain sounds, just the face art.  Someone should really do a proper modern high quality version of this!

If only there was a mod to swap the face for Mrs Trunchbull

Hell, why not make a complete Doom x Matilda mash up. Swap all the monsters for pre school children, the chainsaw for a throwing hammer and the BFG for a giant chocolate cake

If only there was a mod to swap the face for Mrs Trunchbull

Hell, why not make a complete Doom x Matilda mash up. Swap all the monsters for pre school children, the chainsaw for a throwing hammer and the BFG for a giant chocolate cake

Or, if you make it a broader Roald Dahl theme, you can swap the BFG for the BFG.