toblix

Fez 2

Pretty excited about this, especially since it looks like Disasterpeace is on board for the new soundtrack.

Yes, that does look excellent. Not much to make from it, except maybe it's a play on 1D vs. 3D? Maybe aside from the normal dimensional shifts, you can now compress the world into one single dimensional line. I don't know how it'd work..

That reminds me I need to finish playing Fez, what a fantastic game.

Yes, that does look excellent. Not much to make from it, except maybe it's a play on 1D vs. 3D? Maybe aside from the normal dimensional shifts, you can now compress the world into one single dimensional line. I don't know how it'd work..

http://marctenbosch.com/miegakure/

Like that but the opposite!

That reminds me I need to finish playing Fez, what a fantastic game.

Agreed, it's a fantastic game. I too would like to finish it. I'm a bit worried that I can even get back into it as I haven't played for a year and need to dig up my notes. I'm not sure I'd want to start afresh.

HOW is Phil Fish going straight into a Fez 2??

and WHY??

and WHAT COULD THIS GAME BE???

I am bamboozled and the most interested. This trailer is very cool.

I can imagine him making something quite different, considering he spent like 4 years making and remaking fez. If I was him I wouldn't want to jump straight back into doing blocks of sprites again

I'm calling it now, I think it's going to be a first person perspective game, and it'll look like Rez

Yeah I'm surprised because he seemed pretty down on Fez by the end. Well, not the game so much as the stress of development. You'd think he'd either take a longer break or pick an easier-to-work-with genre. I can't imagine a sequel to Fez being much easier to make than Fez.

Or maybe he'll stop trying to be an insane perfectionist.

Who knows!

Hopefully working on Fez gave him a clear idea for what a sequel would be, and the only block from him making it quickly was that he had to finish the first one first... because otherwise this seems like a disastrous move.

Upside: That teaser video is a super solid piece of work. Top form all around.

I lost my marbles in excitement when I saw this earlier today. More Fez is great news. More Disasterpeace is even better news. 

Consider me hyped.

True story: I happen to have hung out online with the guy with the distinctive Street Fighter hat who crashes Fez in the Indie Game the Movie trailer (and, uh, probably in the movie too. I haven't seen it). The reason why Phil Fish is watching him play so intently is because he had crashed the game on at least two previous occasions at other industry events, so to Phil it must have looked like this guy was following him around and breaking his game.

I really, really hope he gets to crash Fez 2.

Phil should call this guy and say, 'could you please be a beta tester'.

God he looks familiar.

This is relevant to my interest.

Hopefully it will contain:

- less red sewers

- less tedious decoding puzzles

- more lore

This is relevant to my interest.

Hopefully it will contain:

- less red sewers

- less tedious decoding puzzles

- more lore

I'd hope he would have something other than decoding puzzles or else the game would be kind of pointless. People loved the original game mostly because of the sense of discovery that it had. Doing the same thing as the first game would kind of ruin that.

In that case he needs to appear that he's doing the same thing as the first game, but then it goes another level deeper.

Phil should call this guy and say, 'could you please be a beta tester'.

God he looks familiar.

It's a dude from Talking Time, but I can't for the life of me remember his username.

interview with fish

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/20/4445476/phil-fish-on-fez-2-ambition-and-launch-platforms-not-xbox

may be of interest to you, don't know as i haven't read it myself.

reading is for babies

That reminds me, we need a forum script that changes all incidences of "baby" to "babby"

Edit: Good good, another great poast to start a new page with.

A member of the media, some interviewer, knowingly pushed Phil Fish's buttons. Phil Fish told the guy to kill himself at the end of a lengthy response he had, and people reacted to Phil Fish telling someone to kill themselves without really cruising beyond the surface layer of the event. Then Phil Fish reacted by saying FEZ 2 is canceled and he locked his Twitter account.

Let me just copy / paste my response to this whole thing from elsewhere.

A while ago Phil Fish had a moment where he expressed the pressure he feels from the internet and media now that he's in the spotlight as an indie developer. He did it without being inflammatory and I was totally empathetic to his plight. This doesn't change that.

But the guy has got to start on some therapy (and if he already is, new therapist or maybe even meds are required). And I don't say that as a pejorative. It's not a slight against him. It's not to shame him (there's nothing wrong with therapy). He's overreacting in a big way to what's going on.

Let me say this - the interviewer who made Phil Fish get mad is not innocent in this. When you go out to provoke people or be an inflammatory dick when you're a "member of the media" you don't get to hide behind that cover. If people want to say Phil Fish was out of line telling the guy to kill himself or whatever, it goes both fucking ways. And now the guy wants to hide behind a false act of being gracious. "Let's talk at PAX!" Stop being a blowhard. You knowingly pushed Fish's buttons, knowing he would react and that people would get on his case because people are waiting for something to get on his case about. It's paramount to bullying.

Phil Fish's original outburst in this situation was telling the guy to kill himself. Like I said, that's out of line and all, but it's also something said a moment of anger. It can be dismissed. Have you ever gotten mad? Have you ever said something in the heat of the moment that you didn't actually mean or want to happen? People should get fucking real and stop acting like saints about that shit. You do it, you do it, and yes even you. The part about Fish's outburst that leads me to say he needs therapy (or to adjust any he may be getting already) is when he locks his Twitter account and announces he's canceled FEZ 2. Now he's being reactionary to everything and he can better control this part of the whole situation.

I don't excuse the inflammatory shit Phil Fish says. But because he's so easily hounded for the littlest things, to the point that the wrongdoing of others is excused just because Fish is involved, I've come around to feeling the need to defend the guy.