toblix

Dead Rising 3

Looks like the shitty thing about the two first games (timer and limited saving) is being relegated to a «Nightmare mode» in the third one. I know a lot of people loved the hardcoreness about all that stuff, but the stress and constant replaying annoyed me so much I never completed any of them. Hopefully this time they've mainstreamed it enough for even me to like!

i tried the demos and i bought that XBLA episode they did way back when. I really hated the wooden controls

Not interested in this at all. What happened to the goofy humour? i'm sure it'll be in the game, but i thought it was one of the major selling points, they could've slipped a little goof into the trailer. It actually looked like they might be going for a more scary approach with the zombies jumping out on you in that dark building interior

Driving through zombies looked fun, they should just make a carmagedon game as the rest of it looks dull as all hell

This is the only game that made me really want to buy a Xbox One.

Don't have time to write about it right now but there were so many moments in the walkthrough that made me freak out in joy.

I don't like that the best bits of the original games have been relegated to hardcore mode. I guess I will only be playing the hardcore mode.

EDIT: Right, on lunch so I will see if I have enough time.

If the demo is actually indicative of the end game then I am very much onboard.

The dynamic switch between big conflicts and minor ones was pitch perfect. From running away from the hoards initially to climbing up the roof and smashing through the skylight to fight 3 or 4 zombies felt dynamic then having him use a flare to distract masses of them sealed the deal. It just felt right for what I had been hoping from a Zombie survival game for so long.

That the weapon customisation seems to be happening on the fly and the variety of tools seems great is an added bonus.

The downside was that they seem to have gone a little too tonally serious for Dead Rising and the Smartglass implementation was annoying.

Of course I am going to take the whole thing with a pinch of salt because it is likely that this was heavily tailored but in that demo I saw a lot of potential.

Wasn't the first Dead Rising attempted to be sold as a serious game?  It seemed that every time that their was a cut-scene in the series they always wanted to be uber straight-faced about it but it broke the moment that you got into the wild and started putting shower heads into zombies to watch them bleed out.  

Was it just me or did the zombies, in large groups, seem to move in almost predictable clumps?  Like it was picking from one of four choices and doing that.  

Dead Rising 3 designed to appeal to Call of Duty fans

http://www.destructoid.com/dead-rising-3-designed-to-appeal-to-call-of-duty-fans-256136.phtml

In a bid to, yes, "appeal to a wider audience," Dead Rising 3 has been given a brown color scheme, a serious tone, and a "realistic" approach. As if going down a checklist of bullshit PR phrases, Capcom also promises the violence will be "more visceral."

Dead Rising 3 designed to appeal to Call of Duty fans

http://www.destructoid.com/dead-rising-3-designed-to-appeal-to-call-of-duty-fans-256136.phtml

In a bid to, yes, "appeal to a wider audience," Dead Rising 3 has been given a brown color scheme, a serious tone, and a "realistic" approach. As if going down a checklist of bullshit PR phrases, Capcom also promises the violence will be "more visceral."

You know what appeals to Call of Duty fans? More Call of Duty. Why bother chasing those assholes?  :mellow:

Yeah my first reaction was "why is this so brown". The first two games were so colorful and wacky! Ugh.

So what the fuck? How did i miss this thing about the timer being cut from the game? Apparently i didn't catch that. That's practically the defining element of that series.

Dead Rising's slow, shambling zombies are too ineffectual to be threatening or interesting by themselves as an enemy, but when you have to throw yourself at them and force your way through the crowd because you need to be somewhere immediately, then it clicks. It's why those two games work, it's why they stood out amongst so freaking many other zombie games.

Having a timer tacked onto a hardcore mode exclusively tethered to the game's greatest possible difficulty setting is not an appropriate compromise.

God dammit, i loved those first two games.

I feel like this would have better served if it wasn't named Dead Rising 3.  The tone just feels way too different but I will withhold judgement until it comes out.  That being said I'm sad it was an exclusive.

With you on that one Sno. Although Dead Rising 2 is only made okay because of the hilarious Co-Op.

I almost picked up Off the Record.

Goddamit, I'm sick of every game trying to appeal the COD players... But at the same time, I'm glad it sounds like I'll hate it, because now I have even less reasons to get the X-Bone.

Couldn't they just have a bigger time limit and more yet still limited save points for "normal mode"?