Sno

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Now I'm starting to seriously think I should! I'll get a set, mington face pillowcase, lamp shade and slippers.

I keep forgetting to add folks when I'm using the 3DS. Sorry.  :getmecoat It's easier if you just PM me, usually, 'cause I lose track of who I have and don't have.

UPDATES!

NxIZWbD.jpg

my new side room came in! My house is now big enough to renovate the exterior, so this is my last day with the "mansion" exterior. Tomorrow it'll look completely different!

dp3tgtt.jpg

I paved and repaved everywhere. I just wish this tile set had corners...

X5NC20p.jpg

the park's coming along swimmingly. I had another streetlamp installed.

1qO8UsY.jpg

my first ever painting!

Gvcui2D.jpg

looks like a new store is opening soon!

lHxswuP.jpg

and the Nooklings are upgrading, too! :0

jc4Iyr0.jpg

Lu and Sno came to visit! OuO

7QpfaVR.jpg

ybBSLSA.jpg

Summer Solstice Celebration woooooo

Have added several people. Holy shit teg, your town looks amazing! What's your play time? Mine's an embarrassment in comparison! I need to buckle down.

I got the fifty hour badge some time last week and I know there was at least one day in my activity log that was just a solid mass of New Leaf time.

In my last few days of messing around with the Club Tortimer matchmaking thing, I have been matched with one german and maybe a dozen japanese people. The game is certainly still very popular in Japan, heh.

The tours are actually pretty fun if you take in full groups, and it also makes them just fly by really quickly, i've earned a ton of Club Tortimer points from this matchmaking mode.

I also just got the event for the Dream Suite, so i'm building that, but fell short of funds to finish its construction. I'll try and get that finished soon though, i'll be able to upload a save state of my town for people to explore online at any time. (Each town uploaded to the Dream Suite server has a unique ID associated with it, so i'll share that when i get it set up. It's separate from the friend code system, you don't need to be friends with somebody to check out their town via the Dream Suite.)

I finished building the Dream Suite yesterday. If anybody wants to check out my town, the dream address is 5400-2158-3541. It's not a particularly exciting town at this point, though.

There seems to be some sort of bug or server problem with the Dream Suite such that if I tell the tapir to pick a random town for me, it always fails and tells me I have an unstable internet connection. But it works fine if I specify an address or search by region and just pick one from the list arbitrarily.

I'm stoked because Bob, one of my favorite animals from my town in the Gamecube game, showed up in my campsite today and I managed to convince him to move in through a game of high-stakes charades (if I'd lost, he would have taken my watering can). He's the second villager I've obtained through the campsite, which is cool. I was afraid I might only be able to get one that way, but it looks like you can do it as many times as you want as long as there's an open slot. And Peaches, the horse with the creepy eyes, announced that she's moving out, so I just have to shun her until the 27th and then maybe I'll have a shot at getting Tangy.

Oh man, when you get the Dream Suite, check out 2800-1439-3680. People can make some pretty amazing stuff in this game. It makes me ashamed of my house which is just a bunch of random crap thrown all over the floor.

I had some crazy pig guy wait outside my house all night to ask me if he could open up a club, Club LOL. What could go wrong?

Dr. Shrunk, right? I think he's supposed to be an axolotl.

I paid off the dream suite today, so I'll get to enjoy dream suite funtimes with the rest of you soon.

Oh man, when you get the Dream Suite, check out 2800-1439-3680. People can make some pretty amazing stuff in this game. It makes me ashamed of my house which is just a bunch of random crap thrown all over the floor.

jesus christ

Also:

QIX4pPK.png

Oh man, there's an amazing dream town at 2600-0218-7298. It's kind of a guided narrative through this creepy story. Protip: All that the Japanese NPCs say is "I love mommy" and gradual corruptions thereof.

I finally funded my Reset Center, hopefully I can get some Resetti action on call.  Also, yeah, that late night island action is a great way to make bells but is also kind of lame; I hardly spend time at my actual town!

Plant more trees!

I make most of my cash doing fruit-gathering runs in my town.

Perfect fruit sells for five times its normal value in a town where it is non-native. (3k per fruit!)

I make more bells in less time than i would doing beetle/shark runs on the island.

I can make 100.000 per island trip doing the fruit thing in the diving mini-game and I just payed my latest loan, but when do they end?

I now know that's it's totally optional, but now Tom is saying I can expand a bit for each side of the main room? I was going to fully expand the house before starting with the mayoral stuff, but at this rate, I guess I should just split my daily earnings between both. :|

Well, I was also waiting because I wanted to buy the museum shop, but it just won't appear as an option yet!

It just occurred to me that if Animal Crossing: New Leaf was released, in 2013, literally through any other publisher than Nintendo, it would probably be rife with sudden, obtrusive prompts asking you to exchange real money for bells, or constantly be begging you to sign up for an Animal Crossing account to get exclusive furniture.

I want to be able to touch my map on the bottom screen and name different parts of my town. Eg. Banana Bay runs alongside the Fruit Forest which sits above the Promenade which runs out to Tipping Point, etc. Maybe you could make public project signs for the various areas. Hell, this could already be part of the game and I just haven't unlocked it!

It just occurred to me that if Animal Crossing: New Leaf was released, in 2013, literally through any other publisher than Nintendo, it would probably be rife with sudden, obtrusive prompts asking you to exchange real money for bells, or constantly be begging you to sign up for an Animal Crossing account to get exclusive furniture.

Heh yeah. A friend of mine asked me to bring up the possibility of a mobile Animal Crossing to the place I work, and I immediately shot him down. Fact is, many free-to-play mobile games already share a lot of qualities with Animal Crossing. They're just much more stingy with the currency you accrue, because they want to encourage people to pay. And, yeah, they're very in-your-face about it. It's awful. ):

I want to be able to touch my map on the bottom screen and name different parts of my town. Eg. Banana Bay runs alongside the Fruit Forest which sits above the Promenade which runs out to Tipping Point, etc. Maybe you could make public project signs for the various areas. Hell, this could already be part of the game and I just haven't unlocked it!

I'm pretty sure you can place signs as a public works project.

tumblr_mowv8eP2NV1qzsuxqo1_400.jpg

HUZZAH! Not only did I unlock the QR code thingie and searched for a Sailor Moon costume, but I finally caught the rarest fish in the game! <3

I finally did the rare bug thing on the island, it does pay more per trip, it's more fun, but it takes more? *shrugs*

So i got the event for the Club, got the signatures, but it's been a few days now and it hasn't opened.

Dr. Shrunk, right? I think he's supposed to be an axolotl.

I paid off the dream suite today, so I'll get to enjoy dream suite funtimes with the rest of you soon.

I am currently trying to contact a guy who is a friend's professor at veterinary school and breeds axolotls. If all goes well, I will soon own a pair. Those things are amazing.

Hi everybody! I was playing multiplayer online the other day and after a few tours, a girl said she had a present. I followed her out of the hut onto the island and she dropped a treasure box for me. Inside was a pink wetsuit!! It was a really great gift because I hadn't earned enough medals to buy a wetsuit yet. I tried to ask her how she did that, but I think she was playing from Japan, and I never got an answer. Does anyone here have any idea how she could've brought something to the island to give away as a gift?? I know she didn't buy it there as our island only had a green wetsuit for sale. It's been driving me nuts. The only thing I can guess is maybe she wore the wetsuit to the island and I didn't notice it? Then she could've taken it off and given it to me? Another player gave me $10,000 bells after we played mini games. It seems like a nice idea to give gifts to strangers that you play the tours with, and I just want to learn how to do it, so when I have some extra wetsuits, etc. I could give them to people. My town isn't very developed yet, but I'm looking to trade fruit,etc. I have cherries and apples. I've also planted trees for bananas, mangoes, lychees, lemons, and durians. I just planted them so they'll have fruit in a few days. Please add me, my FC is: 2251-3904-5813 and I'll add all of you. :)

There's a question of how the matchmaking handles a lot of different possible scenarios, and I haven't played enough to have a full handle on it.

With people leaving and joining, or groups getting split up depending on who leaves for a tour, maybe they bought the swimsuit in another instance of the island that existed at some point for them during that online session. (The matchmaking island is separate from your personal island, and i'm not sure it has any lasting permanence.)

Otherwise, it's one of the possibilities you suggest, or else hacking/glitching, which i'm sure must being happening in some capacity.

Edit: Another crazy theory: People may not even see the same sets of items for sale in the matchmaking shop.

Ahhh....Animal Crossing: Parallel Universes, coming soon to a gaming console near you. Lol. I never thought of that, it makes sense though.

Soemething I've always wanted in Animal Crossing, especially once it went multiplayer, is more thematically distinct towns. Everything looks the same on the outside. The new mayor customization options do help a bit in that regard, but it's still "green grass with trees with cliff on one side and beach on other side and bottom". It'd be rad to get a different visual theme. I dunno what they'd do. In my younger days, I wanted like... a Metroid-themed town and a Zelda-themed town and a Mario-themed town. Now I think that'd probably be taking it too far, but I still want Something!

Beanburg's doin' GREAT.

fGfGFRj.jpg

enjoying a rainbow yesterday. Perfect timing

0PY2pjq.jpg

got my first mannequin

FTJVyQt.jpg

da-na-na-naaa

zTS9uN5.jpg

KvA1ACE.jpg

SIH9VnF.jpg

gF5u2VD.jpg

zGbC7ls.jpg

so I may have planted too many fruit trees

qGYJbUM.jpg

Q9sBtxS.jpg

started work on a Nintendo exhibit at the museum that's coming along quite nicely