Sign in to follow this  
Marek

The secret of why Duke Nukem Forever has been delayed

Duke Nukem Forever has been in development for so long, yet we can can only guess for what reason. Fortunately, someone on the intarweb has all the answers. Prepare to be shocked...

Hi folks,

I would like to introduce myself to you all, My name is Nicholas and obviously as you can see my nickname on this forum is honeyjigga, I used to be in the military and i had a great friend which i have not seen for over 10 years, and completely out of the blue he phoned me last night while i was enjoying a night in in front of the TV. We spoke and i was so happy to talk to him, i suddenly thought to myself how did he get my number because i am ex directory. Then i remember thinking to myself when we were back in the army he always told me that he wants to work in the government, and i thought maybe he used some government information to track me down. So i asked him if he did this and he said 'yeah how did you know that' and i said 'well you told me all those years ago about how you wanted to work in the government' and 'he said you remembered about all this' and i said 'of course why should i forget', he said 'you have an incredible memory', because other people's memory's fade especially when you been in the army under all that fire power within training, anyway i asked him to meet up straight away, so we met up for lunch 2 days later and then he came around my house and stayed the night we just chilled out, then i introduced him to my computer and told him how i love playing first person shooters. Ii showed him Far Cry and he was blown away, and then he told me how he loves virtual reality and he said he owns one of those stereoscopic virtual head mounted displays by i glasses 3D and i thought wow i want to try that, he said he is interested in all types of games and i mentioned to him that the one game i want to play is Duke Nukem Forever and he said 'oh i want that game like so badly' and he said 'but i have to tell you something',

'remember to keep it to your chest like the old days of military secrets and i said of course scouts honour, we were in the scouts before the military but its like the same thing to say that’s for keeping secrets. He told me that Duke Nukem Forever looks set to never be released or not till when we are ready. First i thought what the hell is he talking about but i said go on, he says

It all started out as this, the United States Government, and the British government approached 3D Realms back in 1996, and spoke to George Broussard about the development of a new game which would be government funded, the team at 3D Realms decided to have their own engine made from the ground up, but the government said no we want an existing engine to be totally modified, and used for this game.

We also want a highly advanced game, with incredible looking graphics, A.I. and a style of game play that has never been done before, it needs to be the most interactive and atmospheric game to be made ever in history and we don't care how long it takes, we want it to be perfect. The game is to be about aliens and alien technology, plasma guns, laser guns, and very scary.

'They said that this is going to be based on real life'. Now that baffles me, that all this time the team at 3D Realms knows about the alien cover up and they have not told the general public, they must have signed some special NDA agreement, or more like speak and your dead agreement, you know what length the government goes to stop anyone from knowing the truth.

More of what my friend said. 'As the years went by in developing they had to stop development for a while, remember they changed engines, it was a lot of work to make it based on real life.

Now why all the trouble well, my dear friend continued,

He said his role has been dis-information, he said that Duke Nukem Forever cannot be released because simply us Humans are not ready for this kind of game that deals with alien civilisations, he says that’s why perhaps the name implies it, Duke Nukem Forever meaning forever and ever it won't be released until we are ready. He also told me that

the government simply will never say why we have known about the alien crashing at Roswell for over the past half century, and how they back engineer the flying saucers.

Instead he said that maybe someday when we are ready they will release the game so we can play it and then we would make up our own minds about alien life in the universe or universes as shall i say. Then simply the aliens will come and land on the White House Lawn, but the government will never tell us that they have known about it, its just there getting us ready for it, so instead of releasing the game too soon, they have been bombarding us with all the latest TV shows, to movies and documentaries on alien life, and UFOS and Area 51.

This comes to why George Broussard always said this when we have asked when will the game be released, he says 'when were ready' now you know folks, when were ready, it's been there staring us blank in the face all this time.

I am mystified by all this but my friend is truthful, who put his life in risk to save the lives of many and worked in the military and swore an oath to protect his country and he did this for the Untied States of America , so we owe him our heart and life, as maybe once i have finished writing this information that he has told me and that i have leaked to the internet then the government will do what they do best and cover up their tracks by sending the Men In Black to do their dirty work and assasinanate him for leaking out vital information of the biggest cover up in history.

I was never a believer of aliens but turned to be a believer, we must take this information, investigate it and believe it or we will never learn a thing about life.

Yours Nicholas and peace, the aliens are coming and we must prepare for it

That's quite good. This kid should get an A for whatever creative writing assignment he wrote it for :P

I finally stopped reading it when I got to this:

There is no invasion, they will come here simply for peace, as i said already both the orange greys and the dark matter greys live here, but when there families all get here from planet Krepelepo, we will be reunited with the eternal one,'The Peace keeeper'. No wars, only happiness will continue.

Damn do I edit like a muddafugga?

But what about Psychonauts? What dark secrets must they hide in Double Fine?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I mean the original post is quite brilliant, but then... words fail me! *D

how could someone have taken that seriously? :hah:

:clap: pretty :clap:

"anyone want a ride to the moon! i got a rocket! pfff"

The moon is made of Green Cheese you know. And man will never reach the moon. What Nonsense is this?

I have often thought a good premise for a Video game would be, Aliens.

I am praying that one day "we will be ready" and that the US government will allow games to be released that feature aliens in one form or another.

This thread gives me much hope.

You mean like a border patrol game?

Stem the tide of illegal aliens and help the government shit on the little guy this summer in EA's Border Patrol: Remember the Alamo

And every year they can make one with a different border where they change the ground texture and the characters' accents.

Stem the tide of illegal aliens and help the government shit on the little guy this summer in EA's Border Patrol 2006: Remember the Alamo

Fixed to add in EA's dating system (including the obligatory next year already tag!)...

Wow... just... wow.

However, I love the idea that we're not ready to shoot aliens on our PCs until we've shot them in real life :frusty: