toblix

E3 2013 Idle Thumbs Steam Chat

I still have no goddamned clue what Quantum Break is, and Swery is making a cell-shaded Kinect adventure game?

Also, i'm tickled that they're bringing back Killer Instinct, and i'm glad Rare is being allowed to make real games again, but that trailer looked awful.

I still have no goddamned clue what Quantum Break is, and Swery is making a cell-shaded Kinect adventure game?

Also, i'm tickled that they're bringing back Killer Instinct, and i'm glad Rare is being allowed to make real games again, but that trailer looked awful.

Don't think Rare is making Killer Insinct...

EDIT: Apparently made by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Helix_Games

I was surprised and a bit disappointed at Insomniac apparently being Xbone exclusive.

Project Spark looked like dumb-make-a-sandbox-and-play-in-it kind of game. I was kind of enthralled by it.

Titanfall looked rad. I have a friend who's been refusing to tell me what he was working on at Respawn for almost a year! Now I can tell him he had the most exciting game at Microsoft conference.

HE BLEW UP HIS OWN MECH AND USED THE EXPLOSION TO PROPEL HIMSELF ONTO THE BACK OF ANOTHER MECH AND RIPPED IT TO SHREDS AND THEN SHOT IT IN THE BACK UNTIL IT EXPLODED TOO

Also Witcher 3 looked fucking beautiful, OF COURSE.

TitanFall definitely looks pretty rad.

And SWERY is doing 'D4', an episodic adventure game which I hope is related to D and not d3.js

Maybe it's a pen and paper role-playing game made exclusively for use with a four-sided dice!

Maybe it's a pen and paper role-playing game made exclusively for use with a four-sided dice!

Ew, fuck those, they're worse than stepping on Legos

I was sceptical about Titanfall but that parkourish movement changed my mind.  I think it looks pretty cool.  The Division is a new IP that also seems pretty cool.  In regards to sequels both MGSV and DAIII will be ones to keep an eye on for me, one due to the excitement the other due to hoping they don't mess it up.

Man, Sony's

this year.

Biggest surprise: PS4 is reasonably priced! Fortunately the Xbone still got me a hit on my bingo sheet. OuO 

iYWb8Z4.png

Bravo Sony, bravo.

No online requirements, no used game restrictions, $399, and a shitload of cool games.

If this all stands as stated then this is the console for me.

buuuuuuurn

Turns out that the Nintendo thing is at 7AM my time, not the 11AM I thought it was.  I don't know if I can be up for that.

I wanted to immortalize Jake's shame with getting the year wrong but also I asked him about something on Twitter.

yearofthePS3_zpsed6ae809.png

buuuuuuurn

Turns out that the Nintendo thing is at 7AM my time, not the 11AM I thought it was.  I don't know if I can be up for that.

Yeah booooo.

Although with the Nintendo things it's just hey watch it whenever once we make it available.

Haven't seen too many E3's but this has been my favourite thus far.  Still can't believe the shots Sony fired.

That Sony presser, that's going to be one people remember. That's some Sony undercutting the Saturn kind of shit there.

They just dismantled Microsoft's position, It's going to take them years to recover from this damage. Shit, I'm even considering a PS4 at this point.

Yeah this shit's kinda hilarious I love it.

Started watching the Playstation Conference with their fake journalistic muppets.

My initial reaction is that you don't wear a short sleeved collar with a tie. And if you do, wear a god damn skinny tie, not some 1980's sippowitz shit. 

edit: Okay, I know that everything Sony is doing right now is completely placated, they are a mega corporation out of Japan and one of the largest electronic manufacturers in the world. So for them to give props to the nerds that waited in line is completely shameless, but I can't help myself but say "Ya, you give props to the weirdo minority" because that really describes the core gamer entirely. 

edit 2: David Cage should just go make a movie, he's wasting a lot of money trying to make a movie into a game.

edit3: they are over emphasizing the word gamer. 

edit4: Well this shit is off the hook now. Sony is literally doing what MS-dont? Good for them, they're making this a competition.

I can't get the image out of my head that Bobby Kotick is going to take advantage of this whole situation somehow and do it in dramatic fashion. Like he's gonna drop down from the rafters in the expo hall wearing a Batman costume, or probably dressed as Nosferatu.