toblix

E3 2013 Idle Thumbs Steam Chat

EXCUSE ME for making a separate thread for this – just want to make sure people get the message. We'll be doing another one of the at this point traditional Steam chats during all the big keynotes of next week's E3. To get in on the fun, you have to be a member of the Idle Thumbs Steam group, and then enter the group chat. I thought maybe I could do the thing where I update this post as things develop.

WHAT IS SCHEDULE

• Konami - Thursday, June 6 @ 10:30 AM PDT / 1:30 PM EDT / 5:30 PM GMT
  • Microsoft - Monday, June 10 @ 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT / 4:30 PM GMT
  • Electronic Arts - Monday, June 10 @ 1:00 PM PDT / 4:00 PM EDT / 9:00 PM GMT
  • Ubisoft - Monday, June 10 @ 3:00 PM PDT / 6:00 PM EDT / 11:00 PM GMT
  • Sony - Monday, June 10 @ 6:00 PM PDT / 9:00 PM EDT / 2:00 AM GMT
  • Nintendo - Tuesday, June 11 @ 7:00 AM PDT / 10:00 AM EDT / 3:00 PM GMT (ON NINTENDO DIRECT)

HOW IS JOIN THE GROUP CHAT

1. Join the Idle Thumbs Group on Steam,
  2. Open the Friends window,
  3. Open the Groups tab,
  4. Click the little drop-down next to Idle Thumbs
  5. Select Join group chat room.

WHERE IS STREAMING

Konami:

1. Who knows?

Microsoft:

1. Xbox Live
  2. Xbox.com
  3. SpikeTV

Electronic Arts:

1. Maybe here?

Ubisoft:

1. Ubi.com
  2. YouTube
  3. UPlay

Sony:

Nintendo:

1. Nintendo Direct

MORE QUESTION

• Is there a hyperlink to a web page that makes it possible for international thumbs to make sense of E3 time?
  • Where will the things be streamed?
  • What's the URL for Nintendo Direct?

Greetingz to:

1. I_smell
  2. shinobi602

I'm going to be gone, camping! At least I'll be having fun there. One of you better make snarky jokes about everything for me. I always think these things are worth watching, and they never are anyway; it's always always always better to just look at the summaries and etc. after the fact. At least in my experience.

Oh good I missed the last thing.

• Konami - Thursday, June 6 @ 10:30 AM PDT / 1:30 PM EDT / 5:30 PM GMT
  • Microsoft - Monday, June 10 @ 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT / 4:30 PM GMT
  • Electronic Arts - Monday, June 10 @ 1:00 PM PDT / 4:00 PM EDT / 8:00 PM GMT
  • Ubisoft - Monday, June 10 @ 3:00 PM PDT / 6:00 PM EDT / 10:00 PM GMT
  • Sony - Monday, June 10 @ 6:00 PM PDT / 9:00 PM EDT / 1:00 AM GMT
  • Nintendo - Tuesday, June 11 @ 7:00 AM PDT / 10:00 AM EDT / 2:00 PM GMT

Also yeah these are always a laughable dissapointment. BUT THEY'RE OUR DISSAPOINTMENT! TOGETHER!!

I think passive aggresiveness was last year's theme, right? What with Ayesha Tyler taking down her internet-duded co-host during Ubisoft's conference, and then Reggie getting testy with some guy during Nintendo's. I'm hoping for more of a train wreck at this year's E3 conferences, as it's the only thing that makes them worth watching.

I forgot E3 was even happening soon.  I'll probably be in the chat as I'm usually in the chat anyways.  I'm usually the only person in it, but if I check the tab for it after a few days I'll usually find that at some point someone has joined the chat, said "WIZARD!!!" and left.  I'm 100% serious about that, it happens pretty frequently.  Actually I think a decent amount of the time they join and say "VIDEO GAMES" and then leave.

I forgot E3 was happening as well.  As for the chat, the only one I might be able to make is Sony and I'm frankly just not interested in hearing what they have to say.

Every year I watch E3 I say "Never again am I wasting my time staying up all night for this." Yet here I am.

Morbid curiosity will mean I probably end up watching at least some of this year's stuff. Maybe I'll see some of you folks in chat.

Chat makes this so much better. I find the pressers to be largely silly and pointless, but the chat makes them genuinely entertaining. That said, I may actually be working for ALL of the conferences this year. Any I can make it to chat for, I shall.

I'll be at work unfortunately, and these are always so much fun, someone should post chat logs in this thread for posterity (and blackmail).

Chat makes this so much better. I find the pressers to be largely silly and pointless, but the chat makes them genuinely entertaining. That said, I may actually be working for ALL of the conferences this year. Any I can make it to chat for, I shall.

Yes, and watch Giant Bomb's feed so you can watch them mock it too! Turns out I'll actually be leaving right after Microsoft's, which is what I wanted to see anyway. Giantbomb woot!

Predictions:

Sony: They'll actually show the thing (it's going to be a box!) Grand Turismo 6 PS4 edition. The Last Guardian on PS4. First "Second Son" video. First "Next gen console!" video of Destiny (Bungie's thing). Announcement of Uncharted 4 for whenever. Some damned EA game like Dragon Age 3 or something. Talk about 4k and netflix and etc. A few trailers of cross generational stuff like Asscreed 4, and cue curtains.

Microsoft: Exclusive to the Xbox One... (Que this about ten times.) Fable 4 which will be somewhat MMOish, Respawn Entertainment multiplayer thingy, Ryse (Crytek MS exclusive), Kinectimals 2 played by an awkward onstage fake family, new Rare game(s?). Will be generally better than the reveal, still awkward.

Nintendo: Super Smash Bros, Windwaker Remake, Metroid something or other,  and awkward attempts at hiding the undercurrent of desperation.

EA: Complete and utter obliviousness.

Guess I'll be able to check this on Saturday next week to see how I did.

I wish I could join in, if I weren't driving from Texas to Missouri and then attending a wedding. If anything, it'd be nice to see the Steam group be more than a wasteland I occasionally haunt and beg people to play Monaco.

EA: Complete and utter obliviousness.

As opposed to the usual savvy they've displayed since... I don't know, the Mirror's Edge days?

Metroid something or other

Please... Don't open those wounds.

E3 BINGO TIME

N1subDF.png

I saw FREE SPACE in the middle, got excited for a second, then realized you probably aren't talking about a new Freespace game, and now I'm sad.

I saw FREE SPACE in the middle, got excited for a second, then realized you probably aren't talking about a new Freespace game, and now I'm sad.

That would be awesome with the tablet as your control panel.

I will be *probably* be able to chat it up during this year's Electronic Three.  I am actually fairly excited for this year; hopefully we see some unique, new games revealed due to the new consoles.  And Prey 2... oh please Prey 2.

There's an Idle Thumbs Steam group? ...and... Joined.

I'll try and be on during the events, but I can't guarantee anything.

I just joined the Steam group, but it looks like i missed the Konami one.

Oh shit, I missed it too. Maybe we were lucky and everyone missed it.