Jake

Idle Thumbs 108: A Premium Price

Across all musics? Or do you just listen to those (*dismissive wave*) noisy songs? =P

yeah basically all music even my favorite songs are really just my favorite sounds in a specific order, maybe musicals and things like that come through a bit clearer, but i think it's because i have this kind of poetry filter in my head that tries to translate poetry into proper english sentences and it can't keep up with the pace of songs so it just ignores the words and i just listen to the sounds (don't know if i can properly explain what i mean by "poetry filter") so generally if the lyrics to songs are literal(or proper english sentences) and not metaphorical poetry i can hear more of the actual words, but the good thing about that is that i decide what a song is about even if it is actually not what the song is about

I just registered to say 3 things:

1. Spin doctors is my favorite music group, ever. Exactly since

as part of the OST of some Tom Hanks movie.

2. Idle thumbs has become my favorite Video game podcast; and probably my favorite podcast in general.

3. Princes kneel before you.

Well, I've uploaded the two princes story on Youtube, with the actual song backing Chris Remo.

Uh, here you go. 

Well, I've uploaded the two princes story on Youtube, with the actual song backing Chris Remo.

Uh, here you go. 

You went the extra mile. This made me laugh :)

I misread your YouTube username and thought it said Coytoday

I definitely know the feeling of hearing a song on the radio a bunch of times and not knowing the lyrics. However, if I like a song, I have to learn the lyrics. Part of it is that I get the most enjoyment from music if I can sing along to it and part of it is that I just really love well written lyrics.

I think most lyrics are dumb and/or bad. You're never going to convince me that Coldplay and Snow Patrol are deep and meaningful.

It's part of the reason I'm such a fan of RHCP. Their lyrics never made a damn bit of sense whether you knew the whole song or not, so it doesn't detract from the listening experience not to know them. Which makes it weird that I enjoy joke songs that are all about the lyrics.

I didn't check it in time, what happened at giantbomb.net before it simply redirects?

It used to load Giant Bomb for a second, then it would go all static-y and redirect to Idle Thumbs (dot net).

I think most lyrics are dumb and/or bad. You're never going to convince me that Coldplay and Snow Patrol are deep and meaningful.

It's part of the reason I'm such a fan of RHCP. Their lyrics never made a damn bit of sense whether you knew the whole song or not, so it doesn't detract from the listening experience not to know them. Which makes it weird that I enjoy joke songs that are all about the lyrics.

yeah i can hear the lyrics in funny songs like this

http://youtu.be/uy8qBFr2BqY

Oh, about this

Good episode. I laughed and cried tears of laughter.

I sensed a little bit of irritability between Thumbs though. Maybe you guys should have a dedicated pissing match episode where you just air out your dirty laundry and scream and yell at each other for our entertainment. Basically, just pretend the whole episode is a DOTA match.

Yeah I wonder if there is a little working out of post-cast-multiplication DOTAtension to be done. Guys, we care about you.

Plus, having listened to more of the cast now, I keep envisioning the next Saturday Morning Stream as involving the use of a bouncy castle, three sumo suits, and a GoPro headcam.

There's always been a weird Chris vs. Sean thing. Chris likes Sean but not at heart, and I agree: Sean's kinda annoying and talks too much. He's a mess. DOTA's not fun or funny or interesting or art. Jake likes him because he's his friend and he works with him but the podcast was better before

There's always been a weird Chris vs. Sean thing. Chris likes Sean but not at heart, and I agree: Sean's kinda annoying and talks too much. He's a mess. DOTA's not fun or funny or interesting or art. Jake likes him because he's his friend and he works with him but the podcast was better before

Nothing like having a stranger on the internet dissect some of the most important interpersonal relationships in your life.

Nope.

Nothing like having a stranger on the internet dissect some of the most important interpersonal relationships in your life.

also, p.s., your mom has always been secretly disappointed in you and wishes you were more like your friend chris remo

also, p.s., your mom has always been secretly disappointed in you and wishes you were more like your friend chris remo

"Don't worry sweetie, you'll find someone in your life, just like your wonderful friend Sean did. And even if you don't, well I still found your father and he's been good to me."

'No love for dad?'

This is like that guy who wrote in to the original podcast dissecting everyone on it in an accurate and funny way but this is not accurate nor funny.

"Don't worry sweetie, you'll find someone in your life, just like your wonderful friend Sean did. And even if you don't, well I still found your father and he's been good to me."

'No love for dad?'

Read that in Sean's MILFy and lame dad voices.

I ruined everyone's appreciation of Sean's "contributions" to the cast really?

Please take your interpretation of our characters* to tumblr or something. Just, please go have a satisfying life somewhere.

* (note: they are actually us, we are real people, and we are all actually good friends.)