Jake

Dota Today 1: QOP Top and POTM Bottom

No Twig, you just called him the worst, after impugning one subjective statement he made.

As someone who's played neither game, I've noticed fans of both making inaccurate statements about the other. How that makes Corelli somehow more ignorant than anyone, even you, is what's really baffling.

Um.

I didn't call you an asshole. Please go read my post again.

But, well, since I guess I already pissed you off somehow, I'll just go a bit further: you are ignorant. You were saying things about Dota that are just plain not true. Lots of people who prefer League tend to do this. And, of course, the same goes the other way, which is why I try to avoid speaking authoritatively on League, and only speak from my own personal experiences. You and others here continue to say things about Dota that aren't true, and it's baffling. If you don't know, then why do you keep talking about it? It's baffling.

What did I say that wasn't true? Again, I really like and play both games. I just slightly prefer one to the other.

No Twig, you just called him the worst, after impugning one subjective statement he made.

I thought that was pretty obviously in jest considering we were talking about taste in character design, but your consistent hatred for my very existence probably clouds your judgment. Please just never talk to me again, thanks.

What did I say that wasn't true? Again, I really like and play both games. I just slightly prefer one to the other.

Actually, I have to apologize to you. Your post was fine. I find nothing immediately objectionable (besides your insulting statement regarding TINY!), I guess I let my frustration in general cloud my memory.

But I definitely didn't call you an asshole. Jerk. ):

If I had to pick one thing, I'd pick the stuff you said about the meta. Laning can be pretty versatile, in terms of which characters go where. Not to mention Icefrog constantly just throws the most batshit of balancing decisions into each patch (see the latest for 6.78!) which can change everything. And he frequently messes with the pick/ban phase ordering.

You do tend to see a lot of trilanes in Dota, but then you also tend to see a lot of those trilanes fall apart as the two supports roam mid and/or top for minutes at a time, leaving the guy to solo. Those are the best of games!

I thought that was pretty obviously in jest considering we were talking about taste in character design, but your consistent hatred for my very existence probably clouds your judgment. Please just never talk to me again, thanks.

What? I was just pointing out where he might have gotten the idea that you called him an asshole, but I guess it all feeds into whatever complex you have about people who disagree with you.

Frankly I wish LoL had never been brought up because this tribalist bullshit is just the worst.

It doesn't have to be. It just always falls apart because both "sides" start saying shit that ain't true about the other side. Which is where I start getting frustrated, obviously. And I don't get why that has to happen.

The only thing I can state with absolute certainty about LoL, not having played it EXTENSIVELY in over a year, is that I find it boring every time I go back. Can't really give a reason why. I just do. Nothing's massively changed about it, as far as I can tell. Actually, maybe that's it? I dunno. Bleh.

And that boredom makes me sad, because I used to love the game to death.

didn't call you an asshole. Please go read my post again.

Fair enough, sorry about that.

We coo! Sorry I got so defensive. U:

I don't blame them. I wouldn't do it. Well at least I wouldn't do it and talk about it on the podcast. It's like the console wars, maybe worse. I mentioned that I slightly preferred one game over the other and explained why and the first two replies called me an asshole. And this is a good forum.

Every time I try to have a discussion, and I very much would like to have a discussion, I feel like i'm not allowed to have anything nice or be right or make salient points.

I mean, I listened to the Dota podcast because I like Nick and Sean talking about Dota. I am looking forward to this week's podcast, because holy shit Brad Muir :D facing about Dota for a half an hour sounds rad. I'm posting in the podcast thread because I liked it and am interested in their discussion. But I also play a ~different video game~. It's not a secret that I am interested in Sean's reaction to touristing another popular LoMa, because I think that could be an awesome discussion. Shit, play SMITE instead that would be cool too. But it's also not as if I'm hoping my cleverly worded posts will transform our gallant hosts into League fans suddenly. Frankly even if you could somehow declare one better over another someone's community will keep them in one place over another. The inertia of your friends list will keep you playing WoW even if Rift or SWTOR or GW2 or whatever is "objectively" a better game.

Actually no wait, they should tourist this game. 

Two half hours if reports are to be believed!

Actually no wait, they should tourist this game. 

Hahaha, me and my friends watched that video a while ago. Soooo good.

EDIT: No wait we watched a full match. God Shrek got so annoying. Amazing!

Nick and I wanted to play LOL (as I never have) and then do a cast about it, but honestly, after peeking into these convos... I am afraid.

Please try it out and stream it :)

I'd love to see more LoMa streams.

Frankly I wish LoL had never been brought up because this tribalist bullshit is just the worst.

I tried to express my opinions on this in a way that was fair, and that would promote discussion, because I actually think it's a pretty interesting subject. I guess that didn't really happen.

Bristleback?! Are you kidding me.

Rubick MAYBE.

But nah.

Listen, man. I respect your opinions and all that, but your opinions are stupid and dumb.

Seriously, though, how is Bristleback not hilarious? He football fights like a motherfucker. You run around like an idiot and punch people in their stupid faces. You remove all of their armor and never die. I guess Timbersaw has kind of a similar playstyle, although he's more mobile and less dedicated to football fighting.

Bristleback is cool, but Timbersaw is baller. Flyin' around the forest like a mad man, AIN'T GIVE NO FUCKS. Bristleback just takes damage. TIMBERSAW IS DAMAGE.

I tried to express my opinions on this in a way that was fair, and that would promote discussion, because I actually think it's a pretty interesting subject. I guess that didn't really happen.

Like someone else said, this version of this discussion has been relatively civil, but still rather unpleasant. This is a good forum, but some things are beyond even this place.