Sign in to follow this  
toblix

«Game Shop»

Baaarf. Kept hoping they'd turn it around by the end, but it was even worse than expected.

I thought it was fairly mediocre, there was hints of good stuff but I don't know what could really be expected of IGN's mainstream-targeted video content. Nice to see Jordan Morris in there, he seems to be played pretty straight and not wildly over the top. Honestly, he's just playing the same exact nerd persona he dons now and then on the various podcasts he's on.

I am seriously sick to death of the whole "fake geek girl" thing.

I actually enjoyed it. It was like a 30 Rock episode of proper length. The jokes were pretty good and the timing was right. I don't think it had much of a message and jokes were mostly stereotype humor. . .it's no Kids In the Hall, but . . . I wonder if it is better to be more ambitious and fail to execute or to do what you can do well. Either way, I'm glad the artists made something and put it out there for some people to like and others to hate.

I am seriously sick to death of the whole "fake geek girl" thing.

Yeah, it'd be pretty cool if we could shut that kind of 'joke' into the sun and never hear it again.

DERRICK TIME, MORE LIKE GROSS O'CLOCK! high five!

Yep, this is cringe-worthy from beginning to end.

but hey I can't bang on about it, I would've never watched this without the sweet reccomendation.

#DerrickTime #grossoclock

That was lame.

Actually the MORE LIKE GROSS O'CLOCK was the only part that made me laugh 'cause it was just so completely stupid. As intended, I think?

Rather lame. Also, what is this game shop concept?

My favourite part was when that faux fem-nerd got quizzed on her nerd-cred geek knowledge about Doctor Who, to see who won the title of nerdiest Star Wars glasses-geek.

That was lame.

Actually the MORE LIKE GROSS O'CLOCK was the only part that made me laugh 'cause it was just so completely stupid. As intended, I think?

I dunno, that high-five was so weak that it HAS to be sad on purpose, right

Yeah, it'd be pretty cool if we could shut that kind of 'joke' into the sun and never hear it again.

Fwwlj2F.jpg

It's funny because this was printed fifteen fucking years ago.

Rather lame. Also, what is this game shop concept?

A devious ploy by IGN to lure GameStop staff into giving the site a favorable mention alongside or instead of Game Informer.

It's funny because this was printed fifteen fucking years ago.

Pepper Ann is a wise woman.

The series finale for this was genuinely funny. The Fake Geek Girl episode was shit. The rest I can take or leave, but I've listened to JJGO for a long time so I'm a pretty big Jordan Morris fan.

I have four friends that worked at a Gamestop and from what I heard it's almost uncanny how realistic this is.  Except for the part where they didn't get called into the backroom and fired for not selling the girl and EDGE card and a Gameinformer subscription.