Tanukitsune

Armikrog: Earthworm Neverhood 2?

I'm glad! I'm glad that we live in a world where a stop-motion adventure will see the light of day.

Seeing that it's funded, I'm going to skip this one until it's done, I'm kinda fed up of all the projects I kickstarted and almost none of them are done yet, not even the comic ones. 

Seeing that it's funded, I'm going to skip this one until it's done, I'm kinda fed up of all the projects I kickstarted and almost none of them are done yet, not even the comic ones. 

I know, isn't it crazy? I feel like I've been funding these things forever and still none of them have finished except a couple of books.  You'd think people would stop throwing money at stuff until they saw the output.  Then again, I clearly haven't stopped, so there are probably more people like me.

I know, isn't it crazy? I feel like I've been funding these things forever and still none of them have finished except a couple of books.  You'd think people would stop throwing money at stuff until they saw the output.  Then again, I clearly haven't stopped, so there are probably more people like me.

The ones I've contributed to are just starting to wrap up now. Shadowrun Returns comes out really soon and I just got a ton of D&D miniatures in the mail that are really cool.

lets not forget the that podcast that;s already delivering

Which one has a podcast?

To me funding a comic or a book makes sense since it's more likely to be finished and finished sooner, not to mention that getting it digitally is just more convenient. The shipping would cost more than the item itself, but games? Nope, unless it's something I'm ridiculously invested in, why pay and wait when I can get it on Steam or Gog when it comes out? I'll miss out on some exclusive stuff, sure, but it's usually not worth the extra money to me, my brain just sees it as if I'm paying 50$ for a "exclusive digital hat thingie".

Speaking of Kickstarters, the Leisure Suit Larry game just appeared on Steam, but having played every version ever of that game, I can wait. 

I'm pretty sure Idle Thumbs, Broken Age and the Jane Jensen one will be the only ones I'm willing to invest more than 20$ on... I don't think I'll even fund Massive Chalice. 

The only Kickstarters I've given money to so far are Double Fine Adventure and A Vampyre Story: Year One.  There have been a ton of video game Kickstarter projects that I have watched in captivation and was stoked to see succeed and which I will likely buy after release (Leisure Suit Larry remake, Shadowgate remake, Massive Chalice, Armikrog, etc.)  Mostly I've just been happy enough to stand by and watch magical things happen for games that wouldn't have existed otherwise, content in the knowledge that I would have a second opportunity to support them down the line.

THERE IS NO VIDEO HERE!

OOooooo! I'm getting tingles up my spine. Nostalgia waves! Looks like it's coming along pretty well, should be done sometime early next year.

Too late, I've seen it! Looks spiffy.

Nooooooooooooooo!!!! :( :(

Damn you syntheticgerbil for breaching the sacred seal of backer-exclusivity!

I was looking at the pretty pictures of it last night, but didn't actually look at the reception.  Looks very similar to the other recent Kickstarter that got released, Bedlam, where it's definitely pretty, but also buggy and feels unfinished. 

I am at, I think, 75%. And it's true. It's quite buggy, but so far it hasn't been game breaking for me. I have wasted a lot of time trying to figure out what to do (but this was also the case with Neverhood).

Ok, finished it. I would say in overall it is rather disappointing.

It hasn't been buggy for me (on Linux, Steam), but it is definitely poorly designed. Some issues are annoying but fixable, like the fact that to walk through a door you need to click right off the edge of the screen past it. And some seem to be from a bunch of artists making a game without an actual experienced game designer who knows what makes Adventure games tick:

• The characters barely ever talk to each other so you don't have any explanation of what's going on and why
  • Puzzles just kinda happen with barely any brain power getting involved
  • You pick up objects and have no idea what they are because Tommynaut doesn't describe them. You forget that you have the object because there's no inventory. Then you go up to something that you thought was scenery because Tommynaut ignores objects he can't interact with yet. Then you click on it and Tommy solves the puzzle for you by attaching the widget into the doodad.
  • Similarly, there's a bigarse button on the wall. Nothing happens when I click the mouse on it. Characters don't explain why they're ignoring it. Then I try with the other character and it works. Or I'll do something in an entirely different room and suddenly they'll pay attention to it.

All that said, it sure is pretty.