Sign in to follow this  
Thyroid

These "Great Gatsby" fan covers are good

Was expecting 20 images of green lights and 20 yellow cars, but was pleasantly surprised!

Particularly like the headless tux one.

Think the headless Tux is the stand out image by a country mile, felt like the only one trying to say something about the characters and not just the era. (though i do like the illustration style on the one by Marc Aspinall).

Man, can we make a book cover design thread? 

Infinite Jest is a fairly recent book, which i think explains how most of its covers use the same motifs somewhat, this (apparently Italian) one is my favorite:

9553327.jpg

Man, can we make a book cover design thread? 

Please please please oh please.

I'm a sucker for a good book cover; I'd love to be able to design some. My all-time favourite: Battle Royale, first English edition. The current editions are covered with junk, whereas the stark simplicity of the original really struck a chord with me. The rifle formed by the negative space between the two silhouettes took me months to notice (and even longer to notice that the I in Takami is dotted with a bomb).

EPyYX.png

I never realized the Battle Royale manga was based on a book by the same guy.  I just chewed those up at my local library as a teen.