Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Idle Thumbs 106: Imagine the Man

Glad to see the encoding is back to normal. No more heart skipping a beat when my media player shows a 4 hour podcast!

As someone who fell down the Dark Souls hole a couple months ago, I'm really looking forward to any impressions or humorous anecdotes.

Top tip for Dark Souls, when you start the game you are given a choice of direction to start your adventure, up or down. Beginners should always go down

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Actual tip for sleeping dogs, don't ignore the 'Date' side missions as they reveal stuff on your mini map

I'd also be interested in an Idle Thumbs bicycle jersey, but I suspect I'm alone there.

Official "Idle Thumbs Motorcycle Club" leather jacket with a rhinestone wizard on the back.

Dark Souls would make for a really good stream, especially if none of you have played it before!

OH GOD YES PLEASE

Just a quick factual correction: LA Noire takes place post-WWII so its in the late 40s, not 30s. Just bringing that up since you guys got into a brief disagreement about the elderly fellow that checked the game out.

Tammany Hall sounds cool, but I am definitely wary of king maker game designs.

I thought that was a little weird! Talking about a guy that would 100% have to be dead and I'm thinking "No, he'd be in his 80s probably but..."

Hey tegan did you do that thing where you get the Super Missile pack right at the entrance of Brinstar, where you have to speed-morphball across a collapsing floor / closing gates?

Hey tegan did you do that thing where you get the Super Missile pack right at the entrance of Brinstar, where you have to speed-morphball across a collapsing floor / closing gates?

I can't mockball, and I'm bad at shinesparking and bombjumping; I'm only really good at walljumping.

For those who may not remember:

qLG4CMR.jpg

You have to appreciate the attention to detail with the little column headers and stuff being branded.

I actually was wondering why you linked to an image of the McDonald's website, took me a while to realize that it wasn't that.

I actually was wondering why you linked to an image of the McDonald's website, took me a while to realize that it wasn't that.

The site takeover from before sites were built to have site takeovers. Looking at it now, it's clear why people were so shocked by it -- they actually comingle editorial space with ad space. Now sites are built with takeovers in mind, so there is plenty of room in the margins and off to the side of the site for the ad exist, so you don't need to squeeze little McLogos into every sidebar header and horizontal rule. Writing that out and reading it as I was writing it was slightly saddening.

The site takeover from before sites were built to have site takeovers. Looking at it now, it's clear why people were so shocked by it -- they actually comingle editorial space with ad space. Now sites are built with takeovers in mind, so there is plenty of room in the margins and off to the side of the site for the ad exist, so you don't need to squeeze little McLogos into every sidebar header and horizontal rule. Writing that out and reading it as I was writing it was slightly saddening.

Saddening. But Yummy

Is Patrick Klepek in on your Gone Ghost campaign, Sean? Every piece of coverage I've seen from him is under the impression that it's supposed to be a horror game, and it's so aggravating.

I'm just at the bit where you guys are asking for feedback on what type of merchandise I'd like. Well, I would love some quality apparel, but not t-shirts and the like, because I find I'm wearing those less and less. I'd like something I can wear to work. I'm reminded of the Penny Arcade line of polo shirts. Clothing that's classy and subtle, perhaps with only an Idle Thumb on it, or a logo, or a small wizard hat.

A quality polo with a small embroidered puffin would be a "day one perch" for me.

8x10 glossies of Patrick Klepek autographed by Steve Gaynor

A quality polo with a small embroidered puffin would be a "day one perch" for me.

Nice idea! A small embroidered perch would also be acceptable.

D00okIL.jpg