Roderick

Candy Box

Nevermind, I just found that if you 

set your eaten candies to negative, you become invincible and have enough time to hit the button.

I think the game is over now and this is no Frog Fractions, I still think this is more like an ASCII Kingdom of Loathing than an ASCII Frog Fractions.

So i played a game called Candy Crush for a half hour and wondered when it was going to get interesting. Zuma discussion had me confused as to what was cool to play these days.

That one was kind of poorly done imo, I forget how it was phrased but it said something about type the answer into the box blah blah blah, and I typed "the answer" and it was wrong. I tried a whole bunch of stuff and finally tried just "answer" and it was right.

That one was kind of poorly done imo, I forget how it was phrased but it said something about type the answer into the box blah blah blah, and I typed "the answer" and it was wrong. I tried a whole bunch of stuff and finally tried just "answer" and it was right.

He said "type the answer to that question" and typing "the answer to that question" would win you the quiz. SPEAK FRIEND AND ENTER.

Anyhoo, I loved checking in on my candybox for a while, but I've stopped now because

Figuring out the right combination of potions and scrolls for each level feels more like Sploitz than like Getting Better At The Game, even though I think that's how it's supposed to be played =P

I typed "The answer" and got it right. I don't think the capital T was necessary, but maybe it was?"

I typed "The answer" and got it right. I don't think the capital T was necessary, but maybe it was?"

For that question I just checked the javascript and found the answer that way. It was really bothering me.

what the fu...

post-27841-0-56129800-1368779690_thumb.jpg

someones on to me :)

I couldn't kill that fucking dragon anyway

Started playing this over the weekend and it is pretty gnarly. I am having major nostalgia for Kingdom of Kroz now. I played that game so much when I was a little kid and have never heard of it since.

currently have 3 games running, one for each sword type.  The level 8 flame sword is capable of farming the Keep Dragon at just the expense of a single tele scroll, sometimes imp scrolls, and 10ish health potions.  I think it's by far the most powerful sword for this game.  The summoner sword is fun to use and I think it'll be super effective at the Hell level when I buff it up some more, and I was able to kill the Dragon despite the sword being useless there by expending a ton of seeds, tele scrolls, and health pots.  The life sword is my first game, but I misused the Well in it so my flame save is actually mostly on par with the life save.  All 3 have so far gathered all the items except the last 2 and beaten everything up to Hell.

This game made me realize how important discovery is to keeping the mind in Exploration Mode rather than Farm Mode.  When I started I was actively playing it a lot, exploring the world and how everything worked, and then I got into refining my build and worked out how to economically progress as quickly as possible.  As the discoveries slowed down, I appreciate the fact that the game allows me to 'play' it without touching it, essentially doing by itself the mindless grinding that RPGs sometimes force you to do to get to the next cool power or beat the next boss or area.  I know that if I just have my computer online and let the game ripen by itself, I can eventually pluck the fruit of new cool stuff using my accumulated lollipops and candies.

Just found out today that if I leave my browser open on my work computer with Candy Box running and lock my computer when I leave for the day I keep getting candies and lollipops throughout the night. Fuck yeah.