Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

Over here we don't double our adjectives, but you often hear a doubling of a description like " a small little fella" or the like.

On 2/9/2017 at 10:38 AM, dibs said:

Over here we don't double our adjectives, but you often hear a doubling of a description like " a small little fella" or the like.

Tautologising!

My diet has consisted of 66.7% burritos over the last 5 days or so.

El Monterey egg, cheese and jalapeno burritos for breakfast. Random shit from Sprouts for lunch. And 1-2 El Monterey bean, 3-cheese and jalapeno burritos for dinner. So actually more than 66.7% on some nights.

But tonight I mixed it up for dinner and am having a Lilly B's organic bean, rice and cheese burrito.

I really like burritos.

I've gone down a lot of trash food rabbit holes but one I've always resisted is the frozen burrito. I do not trust something that thick to be heated evenly by a microwave. 

15 minutes ago, Patrick R said:

I've gone down a lot of trash food rabbit holes but one I've always resisted is the frozen burrito. I do not trust something that thick to be heated evenly by a microwave. 

I totally respect that position and it has a lot of merit. Most frozen burritos are bullshit and they either maintain a frozen core or end up exploded and burn the fuck out of your mouth.

But the two specific types of El Monterey burritos I mentioned transcend all other frozen burritos. Not only do they have the best goddamn flavor I've ever tasted in a frozen burrito, the instructions tell you to just open one end of the package and throw it in the microwave with the plastic and everything so it ends up cooking perfectly. If you ever decide you can't resist a frozen burrito any longer, those are the ones to get.

Random teeth thoughts:

I have a slight gap between my top left canine and the adjacent premolar.  Aesthetically it doesn't bother me but whenever I bite into something meaty like a steak I inevitably get some stuck in there and it drives me NUTS.  As a result I end up flossing a lot.

I totally understand the logic behind it, but I still find it strange that a lot of people around me keep toothbrushes at their desk.  I brush on a regular morning/evening basis but I legitimately never thought about keeping a toothbrush at work.

Masticate is a pretty good word.

1 hour ago, SecretAsianMan said:

Random teeth thoughts:

I have a slight gap between my top left canine and the adjacent premolar.  Aesthetically it doesn't bother me but whenever I bite into something meaty like a steak I inevitably get some stuck in there and it drives me NUTS.  As a result I end up flossing a lot.

I totally understand the logic behind it, but I still find it strange that a lot of people around me keep toothbrushes at their desk.  I brush on a regular morning/evening basis but I legitimately never thought about keeping a toothbrush at work.

Masticate is a pretty good word.

I keep one at work in case i eat something for lunch that makes my breath smell bad. Also sometimes we have lots of sweets and i get sugar mouth.

It occurred to me on my train ride home that when rating something - as so many like to do - on a scale of 1-10, 5 isn't the 'average' (Or median, technically).

2 hours ago, JaguarWong said:

It occurred to me on my train ride home that when rating something - as so many like to do - on a scale of 1-10, 5 isn't the 'average' (Or median, technically).

Well, it could be the median, what it definitely isn't is the mean.

48 minutes ago, Problem Machine said:

I think many would consider a 5 to be at best unkind

:tup:

A friend of mine often insisted on using a scale from -10 to 10 for rating things so that a 'normal' or average experience would be a 0, and everything was rated relative to that. I guess you end up with the same difficulties, instead it's about what a 0 is on that scale.