Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

Then shit as loudly as you can and say "see, couldn't even hear that".

I have a coworker that does the following in the bathroom -

• Plays a Nicaraguan radio station at full blast on his cell phone
  • Keeps the door to his stall open for no apparent reason
  • Chemical weapon war crimes

My new office is located near the restrooms, so I've noticed that all the men in the building will actually not go into the bathroom if they hear his radio. They'll step through the door and step out within five seconds.

Worst.

I once took a Whoopee cushion into the bathroom and kept squeezing it while I pooped. Grown men laughed at it. I was a teenager at the time. Probably 15 ish? I won.

You just need to shout "Can't you turn that down, I can't even hear myself shit".

Then shit as loudly as you can and say "see, couldn't even hear that".

Best double post in history.

SO WEIRD

i mean on one level i think it is pretty awesome just the fact that it is happening but

SO WEIRD

I don't think I've ever been able to get through a Hatsune Miku video without feeling a cripplingly deep sense of embarrassment. 

Also fun: We would take two movie titles, mash them together, and then come up with a premise for them.

"An eleven-year old kid is left at home while his family goes on vacation and must rig hilarious booby traps and pratfalls to protect the house from Lovecraftian abominations from beyond the stars."

Home Alone in the Dark

"A pair of plucky children help a homeless man win on a gameshow, on the condition that he donate half the proceeds to their makeshift animal shelter."

Hotel for Slumdog Millionaires

"A rowdy frathouse band together to protect their toga party from a horde of bloodthirsty zombies"

Animal House of the Dead

"Two estranged killer cyborgs from the future travel back in time to learn about life, love, and laughter."

Terminators of Endearment

(Digging around in the nether regions of this thread..)

Not only are those mashups amazing, but I'd pay a bunch of hard-earned buckazoids to play Animal House of the Dead.

Space Galaxy Quest

The same movie, with all characters mostly stationary except Tim Allen, who tries to pick up, taste and sniff everything.

All I can think about looking through those is Brutal Legend:

Eddie Riggs: Ever feel like you were born in the wrong time - like you should have been born earlier, when the music was... real?
Roadie: Like the seventies?
Eddie: No. Earlier... like the early seventies.

I've been listening to classic Thumbs, from episode 1, for a while now and I think I finally I looped back around to the earliest episode I had originally heard.

Episode 67 - Dot Gobbler.

I unfortunately didn't remember the Dot Gobbler discussion but I did remember the talk about an arcade expo sharing a convention hall with a gathering of Jehovahs witnesses, with a theme park across the road. Some memorable banter was had. They also got in a seg about Farcry (not 2, the arcade one with Paradise Lost and several other words in the title).

I just spotted a package of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in a vending machine that was about ready to fall.  So I bought the next package and got two for the price of one.  Wooooo!

I just spotted a package of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in a vending machine that was about ready to fall.  So I bought the next package and got two for the price of one.  Wooooo!

On the flip side, every time I'm at a vending machine i wonder is there a word to describe the feeling just before your vend falls, when you are sure that it won't fall.

also, congrats.

The vending machine at my last job had a sensor that detected if something fell, and if it didn't after enough time, it refunded you.

Why is this not standard.

Why is the movie "Demolition Man" called Demolition Man?

I'm probably going to answer my own question here, is it because Wesley's character likes blowing shit up and its his comic book villain nick name? I just find it weird that the film is named after the bad guy, when its not even his main motivation in the film? Isn't he blackmailing people for money

The film should be called Blackmailer Bomber or CryoCop or some shit

Demolition Man is a great movie name it just doesn't have a great deal to do with the actual plot

INTERESTING FACT:

The role of Simon Phoenix was offered to Jackie Chan who turned it down, citing he did not wish to "play a bad guy".

The titular Demolition Man is actually Sly Stalone's character John Spartan's nickname.  The old, aged black cop who still remembers the good old days explains that he was called that because of the tendency for things to be destroyed while he's pursuing criminals.  But even with that in mind, it's still not a very fitting name.

"I don't know, I do think a carrier exists. I just haven't figured out which one." -iPad on becoming carrier agnostic.

"I reject the ability of humanity to even assign a probability to the existence of a carrier, much less deny or accept its existence." -iPad on becoming strong carrier agnostic.

They've done this in Australia since the iPhone 1 because you can't sell phones permanently locked to carriers in Australia.

They are bundling up something they've always done in countries with adequate consumer protection and touting it as a feature. With an incredibly stupid name!