Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

Sorry, was missing an 'exclusive' in there somewhere.

I am done with pants.

Put them on - oops, inside out. Take them off, turn them right side out, put them on again... backwards. Take them off, turn them around, pull them up, still backwards! Take them off again, turn them around again, pull them up, get one leg in, trip and fall flat on the floor. Ouch. Get up, try again, notice that somehow it got twisted and one leg is inside out and the other isnt. Fuck. Take them off again, un-inside-out the one leg, try again, somehow put both legs in one leg hole. Give up.

So, a bunch of people were harassing Danielle on Twitter for writing that Watch Dogs/Ferguson story on Polygon (a discussion I don't really want to have here, so please don't try to engage me on this). She was gonna jump off Twitter, and I was just trying to send good vibes. Of course, you're not allowed to do that on the internet, so someone had to shit on me for it. I responded to him specifically with a pithy remark that wasn't particularly offensive, and blocked him.

No big deal, worse things have happened to me. Then, some dude decides to imgur my little exchange and post it to his goonsquad of shitty manbaby followers who claimed I was whiteknighting and trying to get in her pants (they put it less kindly). I said that she was LGBT and I was married, which I guess I shouldn't have even done but I'm feeling a bit emotionally frayed after all this Ferguson shit. He then responded saying that I'm cuckolded by my wife, and that I then proceeded to kill my wife and bury her in the backyard and now I'm whiteknighting to make myself feel better.

I have to say, I've seen people treated like this before but it's never happened to me personally. Didn't quite expect it to upset me as much as it has. Anyways, I just wanted to get it off my chest because it's bothering me so much. Fuck the internet sometimes. On the bright side, I've got to try out the abuse/harassment reporting tool on Twitter. Protip: it's not very good.

@JonCole that sucks. Can't imagine what it's like for more public people. Personally I've never liked the idea of speaking to everyone and no one like you do on twitter.

Anyway, random thought:

A spaceship that doesn't collect external energy (and discounting slingshots) has a top speed limited by its rest mass, since the internal energy of whatever fuel you have contributes to that mass and accelerating is just converting rest mass to kinetic energy. That's depressing :( it means that even if half the mass of your ship is anti-matter fuel and your engine is 100% effective you'll still only reach a lorentz factor of 2, which is only about 0.87c. Someone tell me I screwed up somewhere please.

Definitely sucks for you, Jon. The internet is full of filth and no one can use it without getting dirty.

In other news, apparently Google Play Store credit can't be applied to a purchase unless your balance is greater than the price of what you're buying, and they only sell it in five-dollar increments. I knew that the Google Surveys promotion that gave you ten or twenty cents for every survey you answered was somehow a scam. My $1.24 balance is effectively worthless for any of the games I want.

In other news, apparently Google Play Store credit can't be applied to a purchase unless your balance is greater than the price of what you're buying, and they only sell it in five-dollar increments. I knew that the Google Surveys promotion that gave you ten or twenty cents for every survey you answered was somehow a scam. My $1.24 balance is effectively worthless for any of the games I want.

I think that might actually be illegal in some states.  It should fall under store credit/gift card laws, and shit like that has been banned in some places. 

There's a Little League baseball player named Blake Money.  He has 3 siblings.  One of them is named Cash.  His name is Cash Money.

BvG8uqGCcAABrJO.jpg

And as if that wasn't enough, there's also a 13 year old girl named Mo'Ne Davis who pitched a shutout game with 70 MPH fastballs.  I once spent a day in high school working a baseball pitching carnival game for charity.  The average speed for the adults was around 55 MPH.  This girl is throwing 70.

I hope Mo'Ne Davis marries Cash Money and becomes Mo'Ne Money ne Davis.

Why does "going downhill" have a negative connotation?

I just had to ride a bike up a hill against the wind, and let me tell you, there was nothing negative about going down it.

I had my PS3 sat on Netflix with the volume way up, and then just left it there on the other side of the room for ages while writing something up on my computer. The PS3 just turned itself off and my TV defaulted to a normal channel, and the fucking volume of some fucking weather man just made me jump through the fucking roof.

I wish I was an artist so I could make really cool painted renditions of game journalists/developers as "Social Justice Warriors" or "White Knights" in Diablo and Final Fantasy styling (respectively).

I wish I was an artist so I could make really cool painted renditions of game journalists/developers as "Social Justice Warriors" or "White Knights" in Diablo and Final Fantasy styling (respectively).

:]

haha. it's such a weird (shitty) term. okay, i'm a social justice warrior? fighting for social justice? is that an insult? the term is an implicit tautology that there is injustice. 

This makes me wish I could make a game where one of the classes was Social Justice Warrior.

This makes me wish I could make a game where one of the classes was Social Justice Warrior.

I can't believe this hasn't been done already.

I made this joke on Twitter, but I'm really more of a Social Justice Sorcerer.