Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

So, Jeff Goldblum attended a friend of his fiancee's wedding and helped them take this photo:

el5t31F.jpg

Shazam, motherfucker!

Wow, that... is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

Assumptions are dangerous, but I think what Merus might be saying is that the police where ever he is located do not generally publicly endorse politicians?

Correct; no-one publicly endorses politicians, and the creeping influence of third-party ads is seen as a major threat to democracy here.

Wow, that... is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

I love that fight. :getmecoat

I'm sorry. ):

I mean the fight's okay, but the reason it exists is stupid, and then of course there's the usual "let's just ignore the fact that we're killing hundreds of people", etc.

The neighbourhood is a planned community built by Lex Luthor that Superman was attending the opening ceremony for, and Lex was specifically counting on Superman to flip out and smash everything to create a PR nightmare. It's the only fight in the series with such extensive property damage, and they came up with the perfect reasoning behind it.

Superman's whole deal in the DCAU is pretty much that he doesn't want any Man of Steel style fights, as exemplified by his speech to Darkseid in the Justice League Unlimited finale:

Fair enough on that front. Doesn't make it any less stupid!

That fight is amusing to me because Luthor's plan depends entirely on Superman being a dick which he is more than willing to oblige.  Also magic underground lightning.

I think a much dumber version of that fight exists in the movie Superman/Batman: Public Enemies.  Marvel says to Superman "You've never been very good against magic.  And magic is what I'm all about" and then they punch each other for a few minutes until Superman switches places with Batman who was fighting Hawkman.  Batman then shoots down Marvel with a glove mounted rocket.  And that's not even the dumbest part.

Whenever the internet fails to deliver a thing that I know for a fact people besides me want, I become irrationally angry.

Right now I want the world to burn.

Watching this rendition of Rigoletto, it's interesting to see the work treated as musical performance over theatrical performance, with minimal set and costume design, where everything is sort of abstracted to "white suited guys are main characters, Rigoletto is in black with weird joker makeup". I've not seen many operas at all so I don't know if this is a common thing (or even a noteworthy one). It kind of reminded me of that discussion in thumbs about how pro quake III players made all player models just the untextured red or blue figures so you can focus on the dynamics of the actors in the scene. I wonder if this is a thing anywhere else in some other analogous form.

Our programming intern failed his maths module in college. While telling us what topics the course covered, we discovered he doesn't know the word arithmetic. We are still unsure why he took a maths elective.

Our programming intern failed his maths module in college. While telling us what topics the course covered, we discovered he doesn't know the word arithmetic. We are still unsure why he took a maths elective.

If he can get a programming job then there's hope for all of us.

Programming is not difficult developing software is. Just like writing text is easy compared to writing a novel.

I've been horribly annoyed lately with the use of the word "selfie" in place of portrait. I don't see it all the time, but I have seen it crop up more and more. I'll see an artist I enjoy post something on Tumblr of them "drawing a selfie of [character]" and it's just a portrait, no implication that the image was "captured" by the "subject". Or I'll often see on Instagram people showing off a "selfie" that was clearly taken either by someone else or by the phone mounted on a Gorillapod or something.

I've been horribly annoyed lately with the use of the word "selfie" in place of portrait. I don't see it all the time, but I have seen it crop up more and more. I'll see an artist I enjoy post something on Tumblr of them "drawing a selfie of [character]" and it's just a portrait, no implication that the image was "captured" by the "subject". Or I'll often see on Instagram people showing off a "selfie" that was clearly taken either by someone else or by the phone mounted on a Gorillapod or something.

Do what I did. Convince yourself that "selfie" is just a new euphemism for poop.

In other news, Kim Kardashian is going to publish a book of her selfies. I guess Kanye West was so impressed by the quality of her selfies that she now wants to share them with the rest of the world. I'll stop now.

Zeus spent his first month on this forum talking about his selfies.