Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

Two questions.

Not gross: Shoes on or off while in the house?  Includes guests coming over or you being a guest in someone else's house.

Gross: Is peeing in the shower while actively taking a shower acceptable?

Two questions.

Not gross: Shoes on or off while in the house? Includes guests coming over or you being a guest in someone else's house.

I always take my shoes off, even in people's homes who wear their shoes in their house. I take my shoes of in my house and we try our best not to have guests. I think it's worth noting that this was not the case until we lived in Hawaii for a while.

Depends on how the other people who use the shower feel about it. I don't think there is any health-issues involved.

On a related note, I'd love to have a bidet.

Two questions.

Not gross: Shoes on or off while in the house?  Includes guests coming over or you being a guest in someone else's house.

I'm a shoes off person for my house.  I ask people who come over to take their shoes off as well.  Only people I don't ask to do that are people doing us services like landlord or plumber, etc.  If I go to someone else's house, though, I just ask if they want my shoes off.  If they're fine with shoes on then I leave them on.  I don't get anxious about cleanliness, thankfully, but I just know that living in a city means I step in all kinds of stuff all day, and I like to sit on the floor of my apartment in my undies.  :D

I have a hair-catcher on the drain, so it would make the daily cleaning of that a bit more gross if it's got a bit of urine residue on it.  I don't know of any health concerns, so I wouldn't have a problem with it otherwise.

Didn't even answer my own questions.

My family has always done shoes off.  It's mostly because that's the practice in most of Asia, although we don't wear slippers around the house unless it's cold.  The one exception to all this is formal occasions.  If you're wearing fancy dress shoes, those stay on.  That's such a rare occurrence though.

I honestly never really considered peeing in the shower to be a health concern.  Urine is supposed to be sterile (although apparently there's evidence this isn't true).  Mostly I figured people would just consider it gross.

I kind of detest wearing shoes, so I'm shoeless whenever possible.  Always in my house, and often in others' houses.

Peeing in the shower is gross.  And I say that as someone who isn't generally grossed out by much.  It's just weird, and I can't do it. 

Personally, I determine what is gross based on whether or not it's a health concern. So for instance, I think it's gross not to floss.

Honestly, part of my enjoyment of peeing in the shower is that I feel as if I am committing a crime (even though everyone who uses my shower seems to be in agreement that doing so is fine).

Peeing in the shower is gross proportionate to how well your shower drains. My shower doesn't allow any water to pool around my feet, so I'm 100% okay with it in my own shower. My family has thick Asian female hair, so the practice is far less appealing in their oft-clogged showers.

Two questions.

Shoes off! Just think of all the filthy and unsanitary floors you walk on every day!

Peeing in the shower is absolutely okay. Pooping in the shower not so much... unless you have a really big drain.

So I woke up this morning singing Jeepers Creepers.  For no reason I can discern.  And now it's bugging the crap out of me what I might have been dreaming or thinking right before waking up that would cause that.

Oh, I didn't even closely read the OP.

Peeing in the shower while not taking a shower is much more gross. Taking a shower and doing it is what makes it acceptable and not gross, since it all just goes away.

Oh, I didn't even closely read the OP.

Peeing in the shower while not taking a shower is much more gross. Taking a shower and doing it is what makes it acceptable and not gross, since it all just goes away.

I was very specific about putting that part in.  I've known people to use the shower or tub as a toilet.  That was gross.

So I woke up this morning singing Jeepers Creepers.  For no reason I can discern.  And now it's bugging the crap out of me what I might have been dreaming or thinking right before waking up that would cause that.

I can tell you why I've been singing it intermittantly for the past 20 minutes.

The shoes in the house question has always hinged on the carpets in the home in question. Our last couple of places were hard floor on the main floor, carpet in the bedrooms, so I'm not near as concerned about people removing shoes as I was back in my carpeted appartment. It's also muddy as heck around here during winter, so those rules change with the seasons.

I can tell you why I've been singing it intermittantly for the past 20 minutes.

You're welcome!

I have separate house-shoes for when it's cold. First thing I do when I get home is take off my shoes. I live in a poorly-heated basement apartment though, so in the winter it can be like 10 degrees Celsius in my bedroom. Space heater and shoes next to the bed when waking up are necessary, I just keep them separate from any shoes that I may ever wear outside.

Peeing in the shower. Nope. Never. Gross.

Sometimes when I get that sweet split-stream goin' on I piss in the shower and the toilet AT THE SAME TIME.

I kind of didn't want to put this in sport, because it's sort of funner than usual sports (certainly with more sarcastic wit anyway), so dangit I won't.

Twatball is essentially World Cup Fantasy Football (or Soccerball, Foot-to-Ball, Pig Bladder Chase) except your players accrue points for poor play and bad behaviour. Sample:

• Yellow card: +8
  • Straight red card (dismissal): +24
  • Any card received for simulation, dissent, timewasting, overcelebration, sarcastic applause, inappropriate clothing, fighting with officials, spectators or players on his own team, or similar: +6
  • Sent off for second yellow given immediately for protesting against the first yellow card: +30
  • Substituted in the first 20 minutes: +6
  • Having to leave the pitch because of a cut and coming back with a visible bandage around the head: +4
  • Scoring a goal: -4
  • Scoring own goal, or spectacular goalkeeping blunder leading to goal: +12
  • Failing to score from penalty kick using an unorthodox method (chip, pass, etc.): +6
  • Miscellaneous off-pitch twattiness (e.g. fighting with press, admitting getting booked deliberately in order to get suspension over with earlier in tournament, being outed as a love rat by the tabloids, losing everything he owns by gambling on the currency markets): +10
  • Player's team wins tournament: -20

You can pick a maximum of three players per national squad and there's a bonus multiplier for players whose teams make it out of the group stages. So ideally you want to pick the 11 most petulant individuals (no transfers) who are going to make it to the third-place playoff and finals without actually scoring any goals or winning the tournament. Or just the guys with the silliest names, as preferred.

FIFA World Cup starts June 12th so... shall we do a mini-league?

If I gain the power of reliable flight, I'm going to fly up really high and then fall for a long time before I swoop back into a downward trajectory. I think that will be incredibly fun. I'm surpirsed I don't see birds doing it like all the time.

I looked long and hard for the Hannibal clip about Roller Pigeons, but the only thing I could find was a lousy phone-camera recorded clip :(

Is Grease meant to be satirical, or is it just really stupid?

It's really stupid and an absolute abomination.

Yeah, it was meant to be a satirical mashup of every tired trope from high school dramas in the fifties and sixties. I don't know anyone who enjoys it as that though, and I know plenty of people who love Grease.