Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

I haven't played a proper golf video game since Jack Nicklaus Golf for the Super Nintendo back in 1993 but lately I have had a strong desire to pick up a super realistic next gen golf game even though one doesn't exist yet (at least not that I'm aware of). I don't even really care for golf.

Oh god, I said golf too many times and it just started sounding really weird. I feel like "Golf" would be a really good name for some kind of fictional giant mutant monster.

I just realized the other day while crossing the road that I most often will look at the front of cars rather than the actual drivers. My theory for this is that my brain subconsciously recognizes the front of the car as the face of the beast that's currently running down the road. Any passengers are just that. It's the car itself that decides whether it will let me cross the road or not.

Basically my brain is going "Hello Carbeast! Will you slow down for me? Ah! You will! Thank you carbeast! Who's a good carbeast? You are! You are!"

Additionally I just realized that in a couple of years my brain will be completely right once all non-self driving cars will be outlawed.

I just realized the other day while crossing the road that I most often will look at the front of cars rather than the actual drivers. My theory for this is that my brain subconsciously recognizes the front of the car as the face of the beast that's currently running down the road. Any passengers are just that. It's the car itself that decides whether it will let me cross the road or not.

Basically my brain is going "Hello Carbeast! Will you slow down for me? Ah! You will! Thank you carbeast! Who's a good carbeast? You are! You are!"

Additionally I just realized that in a couple of years my brain will be completely right once all non-self driving cars will be outlawed.

My wife and I do the thing where we pretend like we just saw something in the sky that's really interesting at an intersection so that we won't have to interact with the driver who might be nice enough to wave us on.  So my de-peopling of cars is moreso a way to detour my social anxiety. :)

That's gonna be weird at cross-waks with self-driving cars.  They'll probably have some sort of voice thing that tells us it's OK to cross?

Apartment hunting in Dublin is not fun, particularly when you can turn up to a viewing and be told "Oh, there's people signing a lease for the place right now. You can still take a look if you want I guess."

That's gonna be weird at cross-waks with self-driving cars.  They'll probably have some sort of voice thing that tells us it's OK to cross?

"It's ok, just cross. You'll be perfectly safe..."

Apartment hunting in Dublin is not fun, particularly when you can turn up to a viewing and be told "Oh, there's people signing a lease for the place right now. You can still take a look if you want I guess."

We had one place we went and saw where he called us up twice to make sure we were coming because he didn't want to waste his time and people just don't show up all the time. We got there and he didn't show up, so we called and he had rented out the place yesterday and never contacted us. I wanted to punch him through the phone so bad.

We had one place we went and saw where he called us up twice to make sure we were coming because he didn't want to waste his time and people just don't show up all the time. We got there and he didn't show up, so we called and he had rented out the place yesterday and never contacted us. I wanted to punch him through the phone so bad.

I don't know how these things go so fast, I was going to the first viewing of one place, and when I called the landlady to ask why she was late she was very apologetic about forgetting to message me saying it had been taken already.

Oh man, I'm right there with you. And for me, each car has a personality. I think Lexus's and Mustangs are usually assholes, Hummers have severe self esteem problems, and most standard sedans are probably decent and I wouldn't mind hanging out with them.

Since I've been pretty good about keeping my gross shit to a minimum for quite awhile now, I'm going to once again lift my self imposed moratorium for a moment to tell a quick story about something really horrible I did when I was 10 years old (and yes, Thrik's post in the Life thread is what inspired me to finally come out and share this one). This shit is gross and if you've been put off by the dumb shit I've posted in the past, please do not click the spoiler.

When I was 10, I liked to do "science" experiments in my room. One day, I decided it would be a good idea to poop in a jar. So I found an old pickle jar, did the deed, put a lid on the jar, and left it in my closet. I then continued on with my day and ended up forgetting about the jar. About a month later, I happened across the jar in my closet and found that the turd I had left in there was completely covered in mold that looked kind of like white hair. I didn't want my mom to find out about the poop jar so I took it out to the back yard and attempted to chuck it over the wall into the alley behind our house. It ended up coming a little short and instead hit the brick wall and shattered, leaving my month old moldy turd on the ground in our back yard. Unfortunately, before I had a chance to react, our stupid springer spaniel bolted over to the turd and gobbled it up like it was some kind of premium wet dog food. Somehow, the dog never got sick and my mom never found out.

I guess the moral of the story is that month old moldy poop must taste a lot better than most of us would think.

Edit: Ouch, the worst post for a new page.

I just finished watching Free to Play and I wonder is there a term for documentaries that are entirely edited as a feel good dramatic tale of real life people (see also Indie Game: The Movie).

Also I wanna make a comparison to Zeus's story and Jarate from TF2 but I'm not sure how well that carries...

DJ airhorn sounds kill me. I wish it would become the new rimshot. It's also the perfect punch-line for "sick burn" jokes. 

DJ airhorn sounds kill me. I wish it would become the new rimshot. It's also the perfect punch-line for "sick burn" jokes. 

It would need to be OVERBEARINGLY loud when executed, too.  Just really awkwardly loud.

Maybe it's a sign that I'm becoming an old man, but can someone explain to me why Twitter is used as a way to make plans with people in real life?  I would assume if you know the person and want to meet up, you probably have their phone number and could text them instead of broadcasting plans to the public.  This isn't a criticism of anyone who does this, I just don't really get it.  I always get this creepy voyeuristic feeling when people I follow on Twitter make plans, like I could just crash their party because the invite was made in a public space.

Man I don't get it either. I don't mind a simple "Hey I'm hanging out here, come join me if you want!" but making specific plans with specific people is definitely weird.

The new Wolfenstein game got me thinking.  There are several games that take place in alternate histories, mostly diverging around WWII.  Let's say that one of these alternate histories existed and the Third Reich won.  Would they have games that are about an alternative history which depicts our reality?  What would that game be like?  GTA?  COD?  Wolfenstein except Americans and Europeans instead of Nazis?