Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

Assuming that emoticons become a standard part of written language in the future as they almost are now; should the emoticon go before or after punctuation in a sentence.

Example:

Have a good day. :)

vs.

Have a good day :).

The first seems more natural to the current way of thinking, but seeing as the emotion is relevant to the initial sentence an not necessarily any that follow it kinda makes sense to include it before the break or something.

Just an FYI I should have gone to bed a long time ago.

EDIT: I just typed those smiles as text emoticons, the forum made them images. The point still stands, in fact it might be stronger with the use of graphics instead of characters though.

Neither looks right. I just assume that the smiley implies a period.

So I have a pretty keen sense of smell. Nothing on the level of Perfume or anything, but it's probably much closer to being my dominant sense than is the case with most people, albeit nowhere close to actually being dominant, of course. I especially love the scent of amber and there's this one girl in my department who has the most intoxicating perfume of it. I love the smell, even though I find its wearer standoffish and often even rude, but now I'm definitely creeping her and others out because I can smell it the moment she steps out of the elevator and know when she's coming or when she's just left. I try my best not to make any comment, but I just like the perfume too damn much, so I'll blurt out, "Oh, Sarah's here!" a full thirty seconds before you can even hear her footsteps outside the office.

I'm mostly typing this on here because my anonymity's mostly safe online and there's no way to talk about it without seeming like an aspirant serial killer.

I don't know, I personally think you need to club her over the head and then shave off all of her hair, rub it in fat, and distill the oils.

God I love that movie. Haven't read the book.

I don't know, I personally think you need to club her over the head and then shave off all of her hair, rub it in fat, and distill the oils.

God I love that movie. Haven't read the book.

If my affinity bothers her so much, why doesn't she stop wearing the perfume? I wish she'd stop wearing the perfume. It bothers me that it bothers her.

I love Perfume too. I think it's such a success for being made about a theoretically "unfilmable" books.

I have this weird thing with pants where they have to fit a certain way or I feel like I'll go into a panic attack. I grew up in the 90's so I ended up going with the whole baggy jeans look and to this day, if too much of the pants are making physical contact with my legs or hug my crotch too much I just want to scream and rip them off in a fury. Today is kind of one of those days and it's making me really fucking irritable. I just keep adjusting them but no matter what I do I feel like they are constraining me.

Also, I can't handle it if any part of my underwear gets clenched between my buttcheeks. No cloth ever has any business entering that zone.

I just don't wear pants. Or underwear.

I have this weird thing with pants where they have to fit a certain way or I feel like I'll go into a panic attack. I grew up in the 90's so I ended up going with the whole baggy jeans look and to this day, if too much of the pants are making physical contact with my legs or hug my crotch too much I just want to scream and rip them off in a fury. Today is kind of one of those days and it's making me really fucking irritable.

I think I kind of know this feeling. I refuse to ever wear jeans because I hate how gross and restrictive denim feels. Everyone thinks I'm crazy because I guess jeans are the default pants, but whatever. I haven't had a pair of jeans since I was 11.

The hardest part of my job, as in the part I have to do almost every day and never feel like I do well, is explaining in my writing that I'm ignoring or discounting a given source because I think they're wrong and not just because they contradict my argument.

For instance, I use the Gesta Innocentii throughout my article, but I think it's wrong when it says Boniface of Montferrat met with Pope Innocent III in March 1202 solely in order to secure permission to hijack the Fourth Crusade. I mean, Boniface and Innocent did meet, and the Fourth Crusade was hijacked by him later, but I don't think Boniface was already planning on doing it a year before the fact. The author's just confused, right? At that early stage, Boniface was using his crusade vow as a pretext not to pay his enemies the indemnity he owed them. Why would he even try to take it off the rails at all until six months later, when things went to hell at Zara? Clearly the author of the Gesta Innocentii is just confused about when Boniface made his decision, otherwise my argument makes no sense. Ugh.

EDIT: Spoilered for dorky historian stuff that maybe shouldn't be available on the internet until my article gets accepted...

I think I kind of know this feeling. I refuse to ever wear jeans because I hate how gross and restrictive denim feels. Everyone thinks I'm crazy because I guess jeans are the default pants, but whatever. I haven't had a pair of jeans since I was 11.

My work has a donate to charity, wear jeans day every Friday. I wish that they'd have a T-Shirt day or something, jeans suck.

My work has a donate to charity, wear jeans day every Friday. I wish that they'd have a T-Shirt day or something, jeans suck.

We occasionally have that, in fact it's going on this month.  But it's kind of a moot point here because so many people wear jeans regularly anyway and the dress code is never that strictly enforced.  Jeans also serve a more practical purpose than slacks where I work so there's a legitimate excuse for wearing them.

The hardest part of my job, as in the part I have to do almost every day and never feel like I do well, is explaining in my writing that I'm ignoring or discounting a given source because I think they're wrong and not just because they contradict my argument.

For instance, I use the Gesta Innocentii throughout my article, but I think it's wrong when it says Boniface of Montferrat met with Pope Innocent III in March 1202 solely in order to secure permission to hijack the Fourth Crusade. I mean, Boniface and Innocent did meet, and the Fourth Crusade was hijacked by him later, but I don't think Boniface was already planning on doing it a year before the fact. The author's just confused, right? At that early stage, Boniface was using his crusade vow as a pretext not to pay his enemies the indemnity he owed them. Why would he even try to take it off the rails at all until six months later, when things went to hell at Zara? Clearly the author of the Gesta Innocentii is just confused about when Boniface made his decision, otherwise my argument makes no sense. Ugh.

EDIT: Spoilered for dorky historian stuff that maybe shouldn't be available on the internet until my article gets accepted...

Ok I'm gonna fix you up right. All arguments shall follow as such:

Source: Dickless McGee

Reason for ignoring: He has no dick

Evidence: His name is Dickless

I just solved all your problems right there. Don't worry, my obviously brilliant advice is gratis.

While it can be quite fun to get stoned and drunk at the same time, it's something I try to avoid these days. If your goal is to get crazy fucked up it's a match made in heaven, but it usually just causes me to fall asleep no matter how hard I try to stay awake. And the hangovers usually aren't too pleasant either. I prefer to just stick to weed.

Ok I'm gonna fix you up right. All arguments shall follow as such:

Source: Dickless McGee

Reason for ignoring: He has no dick

Evidence: His name is Dickless

I just solved all your problems right there. Don't worry, my obviously brilliant advice is gratis.

Humph, totally sexist.

Jesus had a major cult following at my age :/

I don't even have a crew.

Jszus had a major cult following at my age :/

He also got hung on a cross and was used as an excuse for all sorts of inhumane shit. Maybe you aren't doing so badly after all.

Jesus had a major cult following at my age :/

I wonder if there is some specific activity that you really want to participate in, but that you don't feel that you have a good opportunity to do so. Something that you would want to identify yourself with. Something like "I want to be a fireman."

I want to be a billionaire.

I've heard that creating extravagant and complex financial instruments, promoting them as sure things, and then exchanging them frequently while taking a cut is a potential option.

I've heard that creating extravagant and complex financial instruments, promoting them as sure things, and then exchanging them frequently while taking a cut is a potential option.

Dogecoin?

Dogecoin?

I was thinking of mortgage-backed securities or credit-default swaps, but cryptocurrencies certainly fit the bill.

This thread seems to have turned into a farce. 

Turned into?