Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

In the interest of widening my musical landscape, I created a "Dubstep" channel on Pandora, and listened to it for 30 minutes.  :/

If you google it you can watch a video of her taking a gulp :/

And in the related videos apparently she's a satanist \o/

I think she's just doing it for the attention.... I like her more already

34 seconds, I don't want to throw up on my laptop until I can replace it :wacko:

In the interest of widening my musical landscape, I created a "Dubstep" channel on Pandora, and listened to it for 30 minutes.  :/

Speaking of which:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gfniCDbbzg

Can anyone find anything more like this? It's not even dubstep after about a minute, it actually gets a rythm.

Warning: I'm using this thread (in the absence of anything more appropriate) to rant.

Feel free to ignore.

Fuck people :( I'm told on a weekly basis by my friends that i'm "depressed" (inaccurate) and I need to go out with them more often. So; I decide to plan a simple voyage to go to our local Fat-burger, get beer then return to my relatively judgment-free abode. This was something 4 of my friends, isolated from each other, expressed great interest in. Tomorrow was the day we were supposed to go but now each friend has a conflicting list of scheduling demands and absurd variables (all of which were non-existent until this morning). We can't go sunday as 2/4 of them have work sunday morning, and then 2/4 also have to return for a new semester of school on monday (which eliminates sunday night through the next 5 months).

This is why I don't plan things; I can't get mad at them because it's just beer and fat-burger; but it is infinitely frustrating.

The most successful I've ever been at hanging out with people was when my apartment was the crash-pad; everyone knew someone would be there. But now I am at a point in my life when I don't want to answer knocks because the only potential boon is the UPS delivery person, and I didn't order anything.

I'm really jealous of people that go to church for this reason. Churches are places where people can just go to hang out without planning anything, and no one is expected to buy anything. But then churches have all sorts of weird bullshit rules so it's a no-go for me.

I fantasize about having a gaming-lodge that is a modern day equivalent of an elks lodge or moose lodge.

I fantasize about having a gaming-lodge that is a modern day equivalent of an elks lodge or moose lodge.

Man, wouldn't that just be the raddest thing? Were it not so financially prohibitive, I would love to organize some such. Shame, that.

Money gets in the way of everything good.

Planning sucks. Everytime I take vacation people ask me if I have anything planned. I prefer to do what ever the fuck I feel like when I'm on vacation (i.e. not-working).

For this reason I usually don't have anything to do in weekends and stuff. So if my friends do plan things I often have time, if I feel like doing that is a different thing.

ps, a gaming lodge sounds great.

I like doing nothing as well. It is the best. However, I think I'll join the fancy artsy cine club here to meet some people. Or maybe I'll just play video games.

So; I decide to plan a simple voyage to go to our local Fat-burger, get beer then return to my relatively judgment-free abode. This was something 4 of my friends, isolated from each other, expressed great interest in. Tomorrow was the day we were supposed to go but now each friend has a conflicting list of scheduling demands and absurd variables (all of which were non-existent until this morning). We can't go sunday as 2/4 of them have work sunday morning, and then 2/4 also have to return for a new semester of school on monday (which eliminates sunday night through the next 5 months).

This is why I don't plan things; I can't get mad at them because it's just beer and fat-burger; but it is infinitely frustrating.

I get you, I get you. On the other hand, you still got 2 who are a go, which ain't bad.

(Fatburger should definitely sell branded clothing in territories which aren't cognizant of the Fatburger brand name)

There actually aren't many fatburgers here in Canada, but because I live in Vancouver there are a decent amount; we're essentially north seattle.

Wait, fatburger is a thing? Like a real name? I thought you were just jokingly saying "fatburger" to mean any sort of greasy, unhealthy fast-food burger.

I want to invite someone round to our home, but we have way too much "stuff" in too little a space.  

One of my New Years decisions was to not buy anything (except consumables like food/drink/medication, or things required for work/safety) for a month.  After that month is up I'll see if I can stretch it further.

I've been looking at their website. I am now a little sad that there are none in Ontario. It looks so deliciously bad for me.

And now I am acutely aware of the lack of Five Guys near me as well.

...I guess I could go to The Works, but that's more of a sit-down type of burger place, I can't just go in and get a bag of disgustingly tasty bad for me food and scarf it down in my dingy bedroom while watching YouTube videos.

I guess I'm just stuck with sub-par McDonalds or A&W burgers. ...actually, A&W isn't too bad, definitely a few steps up from McDonalds. ...and now I've spent way too much of my day off thinking about fast food burgers.

Yeah Ontario is pretty weak on Burger quality (was born in Toronto). At least you guys have some good Chinese & pizza (Pizza Pizza is pretty fantastic). In Vancouver all we have is Indian.

Edit: also, Metro Van has some good food stands (eg- JapaDogs)

i do not like fatburger much. maybe I just haven't been to a good one, but the one near me is strictly sub-wendy's. Five guys is good though. Also Vancouver has amazing chinese (especially if you count Richmond) and OK pizza (getting better!). 

I have mixed feelings about Pizza Pizza pizzas. They're not the worst pizzas I've ever had, but they really aren't that great... but the price is fantastic. (Which might be part of why I don't like them so much anymore, because they were almost a staple of my diet in college, with their inexpensive price and delivery straight to my door...)

The first time I went to Five Guys was in February. I had to walk a few blocks in the middle of a bad snowstorm because I was meeting a friend there. I nearly froze my damn ass off, but it was totally worth it.

I like A&W and Wendy's, personally, though I have a soft spot for Burger King (mostly just because their portions are so huge that I always feel full and content at the end).

There's a Fatburger here in Calgary, but I've never been. I can't imagine anything coming close to The Works though. I went to the Ottawa one when visiting the city once and it was the best. We don't have those out West.