Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

Have you ever wished that you could google things in your own home? Like I can't find my ruler right now, and I'm utterly compelled to type "ruler" into my computer and be told where in my apartment it is.

Have you ever wished that you could google things in your own home? Like I can't find my ruler right now, and I'm utterly compelled to type "ruler" into my computer and be told where in my apartment it is.

I think about this every time I lose something in my house. Then I wonder what it would take to apply little... things... to the important things in my house and just have software on my computer (or phone, now) tracking how far and in what direction they are.

...then I realize thats probably more effort than its worth, and that even if I do, I still need to find whatever's missing right now first.

Wrestling is LARPing for very muscular and/or fat men.

You're still alive! But did you get that tetanus shot? 

Haha :P no, I'm quite poor and not really worried about it now.  It's been a while and it hasn't fallen off or molded over yet, so enh.

The reason I've been gone so long is I don't have internet at home and haven't for the last couple years ever since I moved here.  I recently got a couple more construction jobs in addition to being basically manager of a lemonade and local produce cart, so there's been literally one day of the week I have enough free hours in the afternoon to bike the 30 minutes to my college and do stuff online, and I end up doing more important things or playing SC2 with the leftover time.

quite poor

don't have internet at home

manager of a lemonade and local produce cart

...I'm imagining you as a character in Cart Life right now.

Would wearing brightly colored pants make the average person happier? It seems bright yellow might be cheerier than dark denim.

Would wearing brightly colored pants make the average person happier? It seems bright yellow might be cheerier than dark denim.

I've been rewatching Star Trek The Next Generation lately and I can't help but read your post with Riker's voice.

Yes. I always feel happiest when I'm wearing either my bright teal shorts or my pink shorts. Either of those are instant mood-relievers. Of course, I also work at a job where I'm required to wear black collared shirts and khakis, so any colour means I'm on a day off and therefore happier, but still. Do it.

I've been rewatching Star Trek The Next Generation lately and I can't help but read your post with Riker's voice.

That was my plan all along.

Yes. I always feel happiest when I'm wearing either my bright teal shorts or my pink shorts. Either of those are instant mood-relievers. Of course, I also work at a job where I'm required to wear black collared shirts and khakis, so any colour means I'm on a day off and therefore happier, but still. Do it.

Yeah, khakis used to be ok, but now they're just a symbol of the 9-to-5. I'll probably get rid of them once I have a better job.

Yellow pants would definitely make you happier! Also, with the added bonus that if you pissed yourself no one would ever know!

Haha :P no, I'm quite poor and not really worried about it now.  It's been a while and it hasn't fallen off or molded over yet, so enh.

The reason I've been gone so long is I don't have internet at home and haven't for the last couple years ever since I moved here.  I recently got a couple more construction jobs in addition to being basically manager of a lemonade and local produce cart, so there's been literally one day of the week I have enough free hours in the afternoon to bike the 30 minutes to my college and do stuff online, and I end up doing more important things or playing SC2 with the leftover time.

You probably know this already, but if you're "basically" the manager, you should probably BE the manager, and thus they should make you less poor.

I was reading the wikipedia entry on Determinism and the drummer in the song on the college radio station really called my attention. I phoned the station to find out who was on drums. The DJ didn't know, but told me the song was called "freedom's illusion". I informed them that I was just reading about Determinism and that the coincidence was awesome.

I wonder if I would get fired or lauded if the next time someone came to me with an emergency deployment, I refused and made them wait the standard lead time.

Also, would my work life be better or worse if I stopped writting documentation for these deployments (which is not my job) and left it to the people who's job it really is (who never do it right.)

Any changes to the environment on the whole are supposed to be reviewed by our Change Review Board before they are deployed to all machines. People are constantly short-circuiting these requirements, meaning that the software isn't as tested as we'd like and there's no documentation for the service desk to support it.

How do you know when to do what you are told, and when to say "fuck off, do it yourself."

If a bunch of christmas-carolers came to my house and demanded that I must eat seafood, I would be like "fuck off, eat it yourself." But if every stranger informed me that smoking cigarettes is not actually that pleasurable, and that I'm just addicted, I should be like "I'll look into it."

I have difficulty determining the fundamental differences between the two types of situations.

smoking cigarettes is not actually that pleasurable, your just addicted

I should really consider that.

I guess I shouldn't ever tell anyone to fuck off. I should listen to their opinion, Ask them what fundamental desires compel them to request action/inaction from me. I should do this simply because I cannot tell the difference between these two types of situations

How about meet in the middle and smoke a crab stick.

Seriously though smoking is bad mo-okay.

post-27841-0-94086500-1376088058_thumb.jpg

Sorry if I concerned you all. I quit smoking a while back. I still want one right now, but I value my health too much. It was a hypothetical example. But I do hate seafood. I have no ability to imagine what it is that people like about it.

I suddenly realized that like all of my posts on these forums today have been exceptionally antagonistic (and jokingly so) while also being completely true to my opinion.

I need to go outside.