Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

All right guys, I've been on good behaviour and haven't mentioned my junk for a couple weeks now. That being said, I have a bloody boner right now.

Oh god, that is really horrible to actually read. I think that is one case where nobody (except me) should put those two words together regardless of how "bloody" is being used. Damnit, I saw "bloody" and "wank" and just couldn't resist.

I've been on good behaviour and haven't mentioned my junk for a couple weeks now.

You need to stop holding back for the sake of others. True expression is talking about your wiener whenever you see fit.

You need to stop holding back for the sake of others. True expression is talking about your wiener whenever you see fit.

No, I don't think you understand. I HAVE AN ADDICKTION.

For the sake of everyone on these forums I had to make a tough decision to stop throwing my pud in everyone's face so much. Less is more.

I've been here for 3 hours now and have talked about genitals 5 times.

I know your strife sir, I just choose to embrace my addicktion.

That being said, I understand if for the good of others you choose to lay down your meat sword, I've had to do the exact same irl.

Zeus, we love you and your junk, never change. X

How good it is to be loved by you. (did I get the lyrics right?)

There's a certain word in Chinese that sounds like a certain word that starts with "N" which I won't say here but is prolific among annoying 13 year olds on teh internets.  The Chinese word literally means "that" as in "Look at that thing over there".  Whenever I say it out loud I'm always afraid someone will overhear and misinterpret what I'm saying.  It hasn't happened yet as far as I know, but I'm convinced it will someday. 

My co-workers at my last job used the same word all the time and I never worked out how it would have been spelled in pinyin to look it up.  

So thanks for explaining "ni gua" for me.

As a non-native English user, I'm constantly* torn between British/American written English, and since I don't really know the specific differences, I probably get most of it wrong anyway.

*Not really constantly.

My co-workers at my last job used the same word all the time and I never worked out how it would have been spelled in pinyin to look it up.  

So thanks for explaining "ni gua" for me.

The worst part is that I tend to repeat it a lot when I can't think of what I'm trying to say.  It's the equivalent of saying "um" a lot in English, except in my case I'm afraid it will lead to getting my ass beat.

Why are so many chefs so fucking arrogant? I don't understand why they get to be dickheads to everyone they work with just because they have a "culinary" degree. And the disdain they have for people that cook professionally but never went to culinary school is just pathetic.

So what? You went to school and learned how to cook food. Big fucking deal. Some people become fucking rocket scientists and still treat their colleagues with respect.

Also, why do they get so angry when someone wants a steak cooked above medium rare or asks for steak sauce? Some people like blood and some people like their blood cooked. And some people just prefer some sauce on their steak. Now I don't eat meat but I put Cholula on absolutely everything I eat and it would be pretty bizarre if someone was offended by me using Cholula.

In the case of the sauce, some chefs see it as an insult.  It's like you're saying "You cooked the steak poorly so I want some sauce to cover up the bad flavor".  That's probably not what most people mean, but to the chef it shouldn't need a sauce if it was done "right".

In the case of the sauce, some chefs see it as an insult.  It's like you're saying "You cooked the steak poorly so I want some sauce to cover up the bad flavor".  That's probably not what most people mean, but to the chef it shouldn't need a sauce if it was done "right".

Oooh, steak sauce argument!

So let's postulate that the customer asking for steak sauce means one of two things. Either they just like steak sauce with their steak because it makes something they like taste even better or they want the steak sauce to cover up the bad flavor due to it being cooked poorly. If you think about both cases, should the chef really be offended either way? Even if they were using it to cover up bad flavor wouldn't that imply that the chef did a shitty job? Shouldn't they actually be flattered that the person is still willing to eat their shitty steak as long as they can throw some steak sauce on it?

Of course in their minds the answer is no because they are perfect creatures that have gained the ability to cook food that universally appeals to every human being's taste buds. They are so confident in their abilities that they don't even consider the possibility that they might fuck up sometimes or make food that some people just don't like as much. So someone wanting to eat something in a way that is different from how they think it should be eaten can only be a grave insult to them because they are gods amongst mere mortals.

RAAAAAAAAGGGEEEE!!

If the customer wants sauce to make the steak taste better, then our hopefully hypothetical arrogant chef would probably say they lack the refined taste needed to appreciate the steak correctly.  If the customer wants it because they think the steak was cooked poorly, the chef would probably argue that it was in fact cooked correctly and the customer is again an unrefined heathen.

In either case, the chef is insulted, throws down his hat, stomps on it, kicks the customer out, then goes out and gets a TV show.

If the customer wants sauce to make the steak taste better, then our hopefully hypothetical arrogant chef would probably say they lack the refined taste needed to appreciate the steak correctly.  If the customer wants it because they think the steak was cooked poorly, the chef would probably argue that it was in fact cooked correctly and the customer is again an unrefined heathen.

In either case, the chef is insulted, throws down his hat, stomps on it, kicks the customer out, then goes out and gets a TV show.

I swear to my video game collection that my wife described the exact situation you are talking about minus the last sentence when she worked at a hotel restaurant. This is no hypothetical chef.

But yeah, I guess chefs are cool. They're fucking dicks but they probably know some sweet recipes.

THANK YOU.

Now, I'm not one for sauces on my steak, but I love having a well done steak. I am apparently in a minority so hated that even fans of Comic Sans look down upon us. 

I just plain dislike steak, so, you know. You've got one up on me as far as people hating you goes.

And I'm vegan. One of the most hated creatures on earth. Twig, you are like the messiah compared to me.

Eh, vegans are weird, but at least you have an excuse for not eating steak. I fucking love meat, but I can't eat a steak for the life of me.

I'm fairly proud of the way I make steak.  I think I can make a few pretty tasty dishes, but steak is the one I think I do best.  And I do occasionally make a sauce for it and am not offended if someone asks for it.  Ok, maybe a little.

And I'm vegan. One of the most hated creatures on earth. Twig, you are like the messiah compared to me.

Oh puhlease. Vegans are not even in the top 10 of most hated creatures.

(in random order)

1. Muslims
  2. Christians
  3. Jews
  4. Homosexuals
  5. Peodiphiles
  6. Mosquitoes
  7. Spiders
  8. Tax/dept collectors
  9. People in front of you in traffic or in the store
  10. Justin Bieber

So here's this trailer for this game I'm going to buy because it's indie as fuck:

My question is: What is that classical piece that's playing at the end? Starts about 1:23 in, the piano solo. I know it's quite famous, and I don't know the name of it.

My question is: What is that classical piece that's playing at the end? Starts about 1:23 in, the piano solo. I know it's quite famous, and I don't know the name of it.

Claude Debussy -

(I really like his music even though I only know very little of it.)

Claude Debussy is a great, Romantic composer. I recently heard his Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune in the Amsterdam Hermitage and was immensely moved.

A friend of mine gave me a few of his old GBA games! The two Pokémon carts I was missing, plus Sigma Star Saga as a bonus. That was super nice of him! I'm gradually amassing an ideal GBA collection. At this point really all I could ask for is a real copy of Superstar Saga (I got stiffed on eBay and bought a bootleg), the two Metroid games, and some odds and ends like Rhythm Heaven and Warioware.

TpSa081.jpg