Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

I have similar memories, except substitute Pokemon Stadium for Mario Party and Smash Bros.

Was I the only one that would set up matches where all of the opponents were Pikachus and I was Captain Falcon just punching the fuck out of them hearing an endless string of "Piiiikaaaa! Piiiiiikaaaa! Chu! Piiiikaaa! Pikaaaa!"? My sense of humor is so weird, I don't know why hearing pokemon saying their own names in their little voices over and over and over was so funny. And then having a dude punching them off the screen repeatedly was icing on the cake. Emergent gameplay at its best.

One of my friends liked to play as Pikachu and would spam the move where you call down lightning from above.  One on one it was no big deal to avoid, but in the midst of a battle with 3 others it was really annoying to be beating up someone else and then have a bolt of lightning shoved up your ass.  I derived entirely too much pleasure from hearing that little electric rat squeal when I smashed him off the screen.

My sense of humor is so weird, I don't know why hearing pokemon saying their own names in their little voices over and over and over was so funny.

My friends and I have a "game" (I guess) where we start saying animal names as if the animal was saying its own name the way a Pokemon would. We each try to make the funniest name/voice combo.

The current winner? A long, drawn out, slow sounding "Salmon":

My friends and I have a "game" (I guess) where we start saying animal names as if the animal was saying its own name the way a Pokemon would. We each try to make the funniest name/voice combo.

The current winner? A long, drawn out, slow sounding "Salmon":

This game sounds like my kind of thing, I love it. I'm curious if you guys ever tried out the platypus. I imagine a platypus would say it's name in Remo's elitist fanboy gamer voice.

This game sounds like my kind of thing, I love it. I'm curious if you guys ever tried out the platypus. I imagine a platypus would say it's name in Remo's elitist fanboy gamer voice.

I instantly imagined the platypus would sound like a PUFFIN.

I instantly imagined the platypus would sound like a PUFFIN.

Hey, now that you mention it that sounds like a pretty damn good match too. I'm kind of torn between the 2. I like to imagine a cute little platypus couple that have decided to spend their lives together. One with a puffin voice and one with a Remo elitist fanboy gamer voice. One day they might have a baby. My mind is blown.

The Pokemon Stadium game where you have to catch all the eggs by leaning a chansey left and right is master. Also, the scyther/pinsir wood-chopping game.

The Pokemon Stadium game where you have to catch all the eggs by leaning a chansey left and right is master. Also, the scyther/pinsir wood-chopping game.

*adjusts glasses* A-hem! I believe those were both Pokémon Stadium 2.

Pokémon Stadium 2 was the first game I ever bought with my own money. On more than one occasion I've had friends ask me to pull it out for a laugh and ended up having a ton of fun, with the highlight for me always being the moment that the other person realizes that at least one of the COM players in "Streaming Stampede" will always be programmed to flip the fuck out and mash its button like crazy at the end of the last round.

A little Nuthatch is skipping up and down a tree in front of my window, it's a great joy to watch it go about its business.

Oh my God. My active posts are at 69!!! I will treasure this moment forever.

Oh my God. My active posts are at 69!!! I will treasure this moment forever.

Whew. I guess that means I don't have to hear about your junk for a while...

Idle Banter posts don't contribute to post count, though. He can talk all he wants here, so long as he doesn't mention games, books, or pods.

Idle Banter posts don't contribute to post count, though. He can talk all he wants here, so long as he doesn't mention games, books, or pods.

:getmecoat

I wouldn't hold your breath. Click the spoiler tag if you want to hear more.

I have the rare ability to not think with my dong. Problem is, overcoming that has caused me to constantly think about my dong. It's not sexual or anything, I am just endlessly amused by this hunk of flesh hanging off my body who thinks he's the boss of me but really isn't. I feel compelled to constantly embarass his bitch ass by mentioning all the stupid shit he does. That keeps him in his place and frees my mind from wasting time thinking about dirty things. Also penises.

I was watching Die Hard last night and I was reminded that McClane's cop pal Al is also Carl Winslow from Family Matters.  I told myself they were in fact the same character and the events of Die Hard are the reason he moved to Chicago in Family Matters.  I kept expecting Urkel to show up as a terrorist, or at least Zeusthecat.

I like this Carl Winslow:

And excellent Die Hard/Family Matters mashup. Loved it!

There is no formula for making friends.

No specific way means friendship is not science.

If it's not a science, then friendship is magic.

...the bronies were right.

And at the union of science and magic, the Powerpuff Girls.