Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

Time will only tell how my own experiences with it will pan out, but I'm having fun so far.

But if I am to extrapolate the connection between Neptune's Pride and dating, then this will all end in tears. Just based on our current game.

I just skimmed, but you want to have casual relations with the NP avatars?

The thought of polyamory is a little vexing to me. I wouldn't know how to divide my already scarce time over multiple people, let alone that I think I'd feel like I was still somehow betraying my 'primary love', which is in itself one helluva bizarre term. I think you need to have a specific set of skills to deal with that situation. Interested how it'll pan out for you, Patrick.

Just keep your hands off slug monster. Hems mine.

I tried polyamory once, and if people are open it doesn't vex me, but through it I realised that monogamy is fine for me. I wouldn't describe dating multiple people as poly if you're not fucking them or leading people on. Like, if it's just getting-to-know-you type stuff, then it tends not to be very complicated or dramatic.*

*Except for that one first date where a woman said to me "My visa runs out in a month, so we're going to have to have a long distance relationship. Also, we're both approaching 30, so we should take this very seriously".

This is the new Life thread, isn't it?

This is the new Life thread, isn't it?

I think this thread is for lighthearted bullshit and the Life thread is for serious business.

Nach, that should go in the Comical Picture thread! You're doing it wrong!

This thread is ostensibly for random thoughts, but mainly for us all to discuss Zeusthecat's junk.

Yeah, I don't want to be the Polyamory-Is-Natural-We're-All-Actually-Polyamorous-You're-Living-A-Lie-Guy, nor the Can't-Stop-Talking-About-All-The-Sex-He's-Having-Guy. It's just a thing I'm doing right now that someone asked about. 

My random thought right now is that there is a wikipedia page for puddles, and I can't read it without hearing it in the voice of a kindly old British man.

"A puddle is generally small enough for an adult to step over, shallow enough to walk through, and too small to traverse in a boat or raft. Puddles can be a source of fascination for children. Small wildlife may be attracted to puddles."

I remember once stumbling upon the edit history for the Wikipedia page for Princess Peach. Hilarity ensued.

Princess Peach has long and gracefully wavy golden yellow hair, big oval-shaped and sparkling turquoise [[eyes]], fair pink-tinted skin, luscious pink lips, an angelic heart-shaped face, and an attractive statuesque figure. The only makeup she wears is pink lipstick and pink nail polish. Peach wears a pink ballroom dress, pink ballroom heels, white evening gloves, a sapphire pendant, sapphire earrings, and a gold tiara with sapphires and rubies. Judging by her wealth, Peach undoubtedly has lots of pink ballroom dresses, pink ballroom heels, white evening gloves, sapphire pendants, sapphire earrings, and gold tiaras with sapphires and rubies. She wears pink princess panties as an undergarment. She must undoubtedly also own lots of pink princess [[panties]] including pink princess [[thongs]] that she sometimes wears. Her pink princess thongs expose her luscious pink princess [[buttocks]] that jiggle gracefully when she runs. Peach wears a [[miniskirt]] and [[camisole]] with bobby socks and tennis shoes in sports games, it is while wearing her miniskirt that she usually wears her pink princess thongs thereby maximizing exposure of her luscious pink princess [[buttocks]] that jiggle gracefully when she runs. She wears various dresses, skirts, and tops in Mario Party 2. Peach wears a sleeveless version of her ballroom dress in Super Mario Sunshine.

Playing Candy Box just now, and my god do I love how

the lollipop farm is a self-sustaining exponential loop! I've planted 1000 by now and get 5 per second. I haven't found any other use for them than planting, but I'm going to be this world's number one self-made lollipop farmer.

I really love how having no idea what anything is supposed to be for affects the economy of the game. Eventually you will be generating 100 lollipops a second, and it won't be enough and will be way less valuable than candy.

So I've been running a fever (not joking, I seriously am) and I can't stop thinking that the only cure is more cowbell.

Anne Murray is no carol carpenter, but I still love her.

How does System Shock 2 need 2 GB of hard drive space (as per the specs listed on Steam)? Surely it wasn't that large back in 1999, right? Did it come on 3 CD's?

EDIT: Well I just bought it and when I went to install it it was only 540 MB. So I guess the specs are wrong.

I really love how having no idea what anything is supposed to be for affects the economy of the game. Eventually you will be generating 100 lollipops a second, and it won't be enough and will be way less valuable than candy.

I found Canybox boring as fuck, because I immediately recognized nothing was really there except to be there on its lonesome.

On a completely different topic, assuming your avatar is a picture of you, are you JJ Abrams brother, or cousin or something? Because if you aren't you could totally pass off as it and should sneak onto the set of Episove VII when they're filming by claiming you are so.

"Hi I'm JJ Abrams brother, or cousin or something can I come in and watch the filming of the Star Wars"

How could it fail

Welcome to a life of visiting conventions to mooch off your five seconds of fame!