Zeusthecat

I Had A Random Thought...

No joke, shortly after that video started going around I bought a pack of Pokémon cards* and saw this on the very top when I opened it. I immediately burst out laughing.

EBtdYMm.jpg

*shut up

I was watching The Simpsons and I just noticed that when they eat dinner, the kids all sit on the same side of the table, as though they had to make room for a physical camera.

No, it's because from that angle they can still see the TV

Good luck finding this one on the internet.

My theory on what happened to Haley Joel Osment:

I believe there is a sister planet to earth comprised entirely of heroin needles that most of us cannot perceive. When a child star reaches a certain age they become aware of this planet and become part of the covalent bond that holds our two planets together periodically weaving in and out of existence on both planets. It is here that they must remain until another child star comes of age and takes their place. At this point that they either rejoin the rest of us on Earth or become permanent members of Heroinopia depending on where they exist when the next child star takes their place in the covalent bond. Haley Joel Osment is nearing the end of his tenure in this bond and will soon rejoin us or disappear forever.

Take that internet! I win this time.

Good luck finding this one on the internet.

My theory on what happened to Haley Joel Osment:

I believe there is a sister planet to earth comprised entirely of heroin needles that most of us cannot perceive. When a child star reaches a certain age they become aware of this planet and become part of the covalent bond that holds our two planets together periodically weaving in and out of existence on both planets. It is here that they must remain until another child star comes of age and takes their place. At this point that they either rejoin the rest of us on Earth or become permanent members of Heroinopia depending on where they exist when the next child star takes their place in the covalent bond. Haley Joel Osment is nearing the end of his tenure in this bond and will soon rejoin us or disappear forever.

Take that internet! I win this time.

I thought everyone knew what happened to him.

YES, he made it! He has managed to re-join us after all.

Edit: Damn, he makes a good Mac! From a distance they are indistinguishable.

I hate C++ Builder 6. It is fucking 2013 and we still do at least half of our programming in this ancient IDE to support legacy shit. I hate that I am getting so familiar with it and I hate how comfortable it is becoming and I hate that I am on the verge of defending it as an IDE that was ahead of its time...

Oh god. That's just... cringe worthy. I thought programming languages were based on... you know, logic? I see none here. Back to playing with Python.

Programmer friends have assured me that learning PHP would ruin me for other languages. I sometimes have to fuck around with it for wordpress installations, but try to touch it as little as possible.

Programmer friends have assured me that learning PHP would ruin me for other languages. I sometimes have to fuck around with it for wordpress installations, but try to touch it as little as possible.

It could ruin you or it could make you see how sensible other languages are.

Sometimes I hate myself for the stupid things I say.

Sometimes? I'm constantly stewing in self-hatred over the dumb shit that comes out of my mouth.

For me, it comes in waves. Usually the second I say something I think "Fuck, I'm an idiot and everyone thinks I'm the biggest jackass in the world for what I just said". Then I think "Everybody else must have the same insecurity and what I said was maybe not as stupid as I thought". Then I think "Nope, your pretty fucking stupid and even if other people are insecure they probably say way cooler/smarter/more clever stuff". Then I think "Am I schizophrenic?".

The thing about hating php is that i don't always hate it

No, wait, bear with me here

For familiar tasks, your general day-to-day living, it's easy to get along with  

Then it suddenly serves you a dinner of bad design choices and ludicrous quirks and you're supposed to sit there and go "yes, php, yes, i am glad i'm going out with you, you are a much better language than that python i was seeing before, yes" otherwise php will get that crazy glitter in its eyes and cut all your new suit jackets to shreds to teach you a lesson

[meanwhile today I am tasked with writing something in python that will perform a bunch of ldap queries and then perform file manipulation and w32ServiceCalls based on the results of those ldap calls 

supposed to be an easy task but it's taking me way longer than it should because i'm rubbbbbbbbbisssh]

For me, it comes in waves. Usually the second I say something I think "Fuck, I'm an idiot and everyone thinks I'm the biggest jackass in the world for what I just said". Then I think "Everybody else must have the same insecurity and what I said was maybe not as stupid as I thought". Then I think "Nope, your pretty fucking stupid and even if other people are insecure they probably say way cooler/smarter/more clever stuff". Then I think "Am I schizophrenic?".

If the post counter included things I typed in but then deleted and never posted because I convinced myself it was a stupid thought that everyone would laugh at or something obvious everyone's already thought of but no one is saying because it's so obvious or was complete incoherent gibberish, I'd be this forum's top poster.

This post went through 2 3 4 5 drafts before I said screw it and hit post.

This post went through 2 3 4 5 drafts before I said screw it and hit post.

I typically post, then start editing because I see all the grammatical and rhetorical errors I made, let alone the content of the post. If I'm lucky, no one saw fit to reply before I finish, so I can go unnoticed.

I love you guys.

(fuck that was a stupid post)

Edit: Meaning my post is stupid. I feel like everyone is staring at me while crickets chirp. Someone else please post so this can get quickly buried.

The early game of Neptune's Pride and trying to go on dates with a lot of people on OkCupid is very similar.

You date multiple people at a time?  I don't so I'm curious where your stopping point is, is it a bunch of failed first dates, or if you do go for someone a second time do you then stop with all the other people?  I prefer to have it simpler just to keep the dramas down.

I am in an open relationship, so I have a primary partner who I've been with for 5 years, but we also both go on dates and see other people. The other parties all know I have a serious partner and am not interested in a serious relationship with anyone else, so it's mostly just going on dates/seeing each other/other stuff. 

But there is this angle of Neptune's Bounty where you are trying to test out alliances, trying to feel out if other parties are interested, trying to figure out where that turn is. Dating is not and should not be about subterfuge or deceit, but in the early parts of getting to know someone (particularly on dating sites like OkCupid), there's a certain level of play-acting, of trying to present yourself a certain way. You are feeling a person out, seeing if they are someone you want to go on a date with, and at the same time, trying to present yourself as the kind of person they would like to date. Again, not lying or trickery, just like "I notice this person says they hate rap on their profile, I will probably play down my love of rap and play up my love of this other thing they do like." Etc. You're ostensibly just having a conversation with someone about the X-Files, but you're also trying to present yourself as an attractive mate. "This is what I have to offer." 

I mean, I know I'm not the first person to compare diplomacy and romance, but starting the OkCupid thing and the Neptune's Pride thing in the same week linked them inextricably in my head. Also Zeus asked for someone to just post and that was what was on my mind.

I am in an open relationship

so basically you're not satisfied with one person

(j/k;  i tried polyamory for a bit but then we decided to choose borin' monogamy)