Tegan, are you talking about Hot Dog Water Girl and Velma?

Yes. Maybe I'm just a horrible shipper, but I'm definitely not the only one who sees it.

And to even think of comparing it to Korra, just, ugh, do you want me to hate you? DO YOU?! Korra is the worst.

I'd say Korra is milking the cow for all it's worth, but I think I'd need a stronger expression, one where the cow is dead and yet they still try to milk it? 

y'all suck

You're gonna tell me you think the relationship garbage in Korra was anything other than garbage?

u r nuts

Everyone seems to really like Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc., but I remember watching an episode or two on Netflix and really being disappointed. Does it improve as it goes on? I'm reading about it on Netflix and I guess it has a long ongoing plot instead of just being a bunch of one-and-done episodes, which I hadn't realized.

Yeah, you`re not gonna get a good picture of the show from just one or two episodes. I'd say just go from the start and stick with it for a while.

Took me a while to get into it but once I did boy was I in.

Know what ELSE you should be watching?

Man, everyone looked weird in the pilot.

I could not disagree more about Korra. The second season was weak, definitely (although it had some great highs), but Book 3 was incredible - overall, I think it was the best season of Avatar there's been, over both series. There were interesting villains, the plot moved quickly, none of the characters acted like idiots and the fight sees were plentiful and consistently incredible. And I really enjoyed the first episode of Book 4:

aging the characters up was a bold choice, the political conflict seems like it will be interesting and multidimensional and having Korra pull a "Buffy at the opening of Season 3" makes a lot of sense considering what she went through.

For a show that's still ostensibly aimed at kids, it's pretty dang impressive.

Also, Twig, the relationship stuff has mostly been excised from the show.

I agree with tberton, Korra seasons 1 and 2 weren't very good, and absolutely had tons of arbitrary "drama". If season 4 had coma after those, I would agree that it would look like it was shaping up to be more of the same. But with season 3 they demonstrated they remembered how to make a good show again, so I'm cautiously optimistic about this season.

You're gonna tell me you think the relationship garbage in Korra was anything other than garbage?

I wasn't, no, that would be hard to argue. The love triangle bullshit in the first couple seasons was unfortunate.

But I absolutely don't share your opinion of the show overall, and especially not Tanukitsune's assessment of the most recent episode(s?). 

Has anyone else watched Bob's Burgers? I've gotten to season 3 now and I really love it. It's hilarious, and the family dynamic is pretty great too. I also love that Bob actually is a talented chef, just like Archer is a talented secret agent. Also the support cast characters are pretty great too.

I don't really have much to say apart from it's great, and H Jon Benjamin should be in more things because he has a great voice that I could listen to forever. It's like butter on sandpaper, like the rough with the smooth and it's amazing.

But I absolutely don't share your opinion of the show overall, and especially not Tanukitsune's assessment of the most recent episode(s?).

But I actually quite like the show overall. U:

You guys keep assuming that because I was talking about the relationships in Korra that I was talking about everything in Korra! Geez.

Bob's Burgers might be my favorite show on TV, when it's running. Maybe.

But I actually quite like the show overall. U:

Oh! Never mind then. "Korra is the worst" kinda threw me off. I assumed you meant the show, but I guess you meant the character.

Context implied to me you meant the show, since you were comparing "Korra" to an "it" (the show Mystery Inc). Context is about what you wrote, not what you were thinking when you wrote it.

Excuse me I may have left my sass hat on. I should take that off indoors.

Context implied to me you meant the show, since you were comparing "Korra" to an "it" (the show Mystery Inc). Context is about what you wrote, not what you were thinking when you wrote it.

Excuse me I may have left my sass hat on. I should take that off indoors.

Actually, the context of the post is that I was specifically discussing relationships. The entire preceding paragraph was about said relationships in Mystery, Inc! You ripped the second paragraph (which was a single sentence) out of that context! The entire post was a response to Tanu's off-hand dismissal of Mystery, Inc's relationships in comparison to Korra's! To be fair, I did not quote Tanu, but even without that!

Note: I do not actually care or have any emotional commitment to this inane conversation. :3

I can see how you COULD get that from context, but my interpretation ALSO came from context. Tanu dismissed Mystery Inc's (the show's) relationships so I thought you were comparing it to Korra (the show's) relationships; nowhere in the context does it imply you meant the Korra the character and not Korra the show.

Note: Agreed that this is inane and nobody cares (including me), but this is the internet so I feel a non-existent duty to play out inconsequential arguments to no end other than wasted time. This conversation has the less substance than any I've had in years, but here I am.

I'm probably am jumping the gun by saying some relationships in show are created for drama's sake and only to break up, mostly because it's awful when it does happen.

I actually like Korra too, it's just that the first episode of the first season rubbed me the wrong way, the "heaviest" the drama, the hardest it is to digest and the episode was a McDrama Deluxe without a "Light Hearted Comedy Shake" to wash it down. 

I also feel bad because I was happy to see Bolin finally have a relationship, only to see it threatened for drama's sake (IMHO). Seriously, why is even Bolin working with someone who HAS to be the big bad of the season?

I enjoyed the episode, and nothing you've mentioned bothered me, but I can understand what you're coming from.

Actually, having Bolin in league with the (probable) villain of the season is a small cause for concern. He spent most of Season 2 with pseudo-villain Varrick and the results were painful. I can totally see a similar character degeneration happening here, fingers crossed that it doesn't.

I can see how you COULD get that from context, but my interpretation ALSO came from context. Tanu dismissed Mystery Inc's (the show's) relationships so I thought you were comparing it to Korra (the show's) relationships; nowhere in the context does it imply you meant the Korra the character and not Korra the show.

Note: Agreed that this is inane and nobody cares (including me), but this is the internet so I feel a non-existent duty to play out inconsequential arguments to no end other than wasted time. This conversation has the less substance than any I've had in years, but here I am.

Well now you're the one confusing me! Your interpretation as described here does fit, but is different from your earlier implication, which was that I didn't like the show at all! I am talking about the show's relationships. They're all handled poorly! That doesn't mean I dislike the show in its entirety...

I apologize for everybody everywhere that this conversation continues and that I make no effort to stop it (i might enjoy it). And that I'm about to do this ridiculous forum maneuver: 

Don't you dare badmouth Mystery, Inc. In all honesty, that show handles its relationships millions better than any other cartoon of its ilk. The brief dating stint between shaggy and Velma actually served the purpose of strengthening their relationship by the end of the show! It didn't exist just to exist.I mean that's not to say it was super deep or meaningful but to write it if as "because drama"...

And to even think of comparing it to Korra, just, ugh, do you want me to hate you? DO YOU?! Korra is the worst.

In sentence article 1 (red), you are talking about the show's relationships (or, at least, that was how I interpreted it and how you've just verified it). We have therefore established the word "Korra" to be in reference to the show. In sentence article 2 (blue), you say "Korra is the worst". Since "Korra" has been established to mean the show (rather than the character), you can (hopefully) see where I came to my conclusions.

Actually, I'm now realizing that you always saw this, most likely, and that I'm being trolled here. 

To be clear, I'm not arguing that you should've been clearer or anything. I'm arguing with the later implication that there was some context you provided that I should've picked up on that would've prevented my misinterpretation.

Korra IS the worst! (Obviously it is not the literal worst, but it is "the worst".) When it comes to relationships! This was not explicitly stated, but it was supplied by the context of the previous paragraph in that quote. I'm not saying that you can't interpret it incorrectly to mean that I think the show is all-around bad. But I am saying that you interpreted it incorrectly. That line does not exist in a vacuum! In fact, it very explicitly does not, by virtue of the first word being "and", which implies that what precedes is related.

I am not trolling. There definitely was a context provided and had you picked up on it, you would not have misinterpreted!

The mistake (on my part! possibly. i make no promises, since you are clearly in the wrong), here, is probably that it's not uncommon forum etiquette to separate topic shifts by entering a new paragraph. This is often employed to respond to separate posts or even to respond to separate thoughts within a single post.

(i also enjoy it but I refuse to apologize.)

I don't think I missed any textual context; at no point was it unclear to me that you were talking about relationships in these two shows. But this context doesn't help me interpret the subsequent statements nearly as definitively as you say it should. I don't think interpreting "Korra is the worst" to mean "Korra is the worst [because it's bad at relationship drama]" is any less valid than the intended meaning ("Korra is the worst [but only in the context of relationship drama]"). 

If I was missing any context, it was α) prior knowledge of your opinion of Korra, which would've made what you're saying crystal clear or β) a better sense of how you speak, so that I know when you imply things via context exactly WHAT you're implying, and in what way.