Rick and Morty is the best. The best

Or at least when it's really on it's the best. It handles Multiverse stuff like a friggen champ, making it interesting and funny at the same time, rather than just a kind of lame oddness like Bioshock Infinite. I'd say it's at its most awesome when the show is being creepy and nihilistic, so be warned.

That promo is freaking great! The show is pretty good too I guess. :P

Just to put this out there, this show is from Dan Harmon the creator of Community.

But really it's fantastic.

I've tried it a couple of times but never really enjoy it. Not sure what it is; I'd say it was too dark but I loved In Bruges and that movie is pretty dark.

At first I thought Rick and Morty was just "Drunken Doreamon", boy am I glad I was wrong...

Should I even dare mention the "brony" episode of Bob's Burgers? It's pretty weird for them to social satire all of the sudden, but... they kinda failed, satire is an exaggeration of the truth, not an exaggeration of the stereotypes, not to mention they got "bronies" mixed up with "furries", and this episode was made by people who think "furries are just guys who dress in animal suits and call themselves stuff like Featherpaw, right?".

I dunno, this episode was just so confusing on so many levels, at least the final joke was a killer? *shrugs*

Rick and Morty sounds great. I'll have to check it out. Is it CG? I can't really tell.

Weird. A work colleague also mentioned this exact episode of Bob's Burgers today too.

I watched the first episode of 'Stephen Universe' the other day, and was sorely disappointed. The jokes just revolved around the three girls bullying a mentally retarded child, which wasn't funny at all. The jokes were so flat and the story was dull. Which was a shame. Especially considering it came from Rebecca Sugar, who wrote my favourite Adventure Time episode. I also found out that it's the first ever show on cartoon network to be created by a woman. This makes me quite sad on a number of levels - That it has taken this long for that to happen, that the industry (Probably the wrong word there) is like this to make it noteworthy, and that the show was rather rubbish. :(

Finally, new Adventure Time on Monday! I can't wait to see the conclusion of the cliff hanger dealt in the last episode. Even though it wasn't much of a cliff hanger, because honestly

I don't care about Finn's Dad. For whatever reason, he deserted Finn, and Jake's Dad raised him to what he is today. It was also something that has never been raised or questioned about in the last 4 seasons, so why make a thing of it now? Feels like they are struggling for a good cliff hanger that doesn't involve Finn's love life.

I watched the first episode of 'Stephen Universe' the other day, and was sorely disappointed. The jokes just revolved around the three girls bullying a mentally retarded child, which wasn't funny at all.

Wait, what?

The first episodes are a little rough, but I have no idea what you're getting at with this statement.

(incidentally, the strongest episode so far is "Tiger Millionaire," which you should probably watch)

Uh yeah, you're right. When I said 'the other day', I really meant 'about 6 months ago'. I kinda forgot everything about it, and my mind just made it worse and worse. Sorry. :getmecoat

I think in general the comedy didn't click for me. My girlfriend reminded me of the cookie cat song, which I found to be quite awkward and unfunny.

I feel like a fool.

I'll check out that episode though. I should give it another go.

What on Earth did you watch? One of the girls from Steven Universe I know of would actually bully someone and I certainly don't remember any mentally challenged characters, the Onion kid doesn't speak, but neither does his dad.

Glad Avatar got some love in this thread. I am re-watching it since my girlfriend wanted some dorky light fare to watch while grading papers.

Just now getting into Rick and Morty. The first episode is all I've watched but it was great. It feels like Futurama with way way sharper teeth.

WHAT

WHAT

Masaaki Yuasa, one of my favorite anime dudes, is animating an episode of Adventure Time. It's considered non-canon in the story of Adventure Time, which is kinda weird because who cares all that much it seems like Adventure Time is the kind of cartoon where literally anything could be canon and not mess with the show but whatever. 

(And if I'm honest I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping it would be even more Masaaki than it seems. It looks much too reserved, in that it's much closer to typical Adventure Time animation style than I expected. I want some of THIS:

I guess I was hoping for too much. Oh well.)

Man, I love that dude. He did the episode of the French cartoon Wakfu that explains the villain's backstory, and it's much closer to his usual stuff. It's also the best episode of the series.

One of these days I need to give Wakfu a shot. I hear lots of good things, but I dunno, I just never got around to it.

I binge-watched all of Rick and Morty the other day and that show is fantastic. I think the my favourite was the one with the David Cross alien, mainly on the strength of Jerry's simulation.

I actually did that this weekend as well, That was a solid episode.  I have no idea why but the end of the devil episode kills me, it's just so out of nowhere. Also the house party episode. and all the episodes.

Masaaki Yuasa, one of my favorite anime dudes, is animating an episode of Adventure Time. It's considered non-canon in the story of Adventure Time, which is kinda weird because who cares all that much it seems like Adventure Time is the kind of cartoon where literally anything could be canon and not mess with the show but whatever.

No, he's my favorite damn you!

Man, I love that dude. He did the episode of the French cartoon Wakfu that explains the villain's backstory, and it's much closer to his usual stuff. It's also the best episode of the series.

Well, not exactly, he only did character design on that Wakfu short, no directing or animating duties.

I think coming off of Kick Heart, the Adventure Time episode seems pretty in line with a lot going on there.

Hey, since you guys are all proclaimed Yuasa fans, can you try to help me complete my collection of his stuff? The one thing I'm missing of him before I make a DVD of his unreleased directed works is an English translation of his Slime Adventures short. I was trying to pay a friend of a friend who knew Japanese to type all the subs out at some point and I'd just make the .srt myself, but then she disappeared (actually, just ignoring me).

I don't have the money to pay people to translate things anymore though.

Possibly this needs to be in the anime thread?

AT and Ping Pong? Good to see more Yuasa knocking about, even if AT isn't considered 'canon'

Ping Pong is great, if you haven't watched it already.

Holy shit, that season premiere of Adventure Time.

I've been wondering when Finn would finally lose his arm.

Saw it, it's apparently free on amazon for some reason.  Got really dark.

prismo dying, finn's dad being a dick, finn losing his arm. TREETRUNKS ALMOST GETTING A DIVORCE

That last one is especially weird.

Didn't Tree Trunks just get married like nine episodes ago? And trying to save a failing marriage by having a baby is some time-honoured ticket to depression type stuff.

So, think Finn will grow some kind of new plant arm? Or maybe PB will build him a robot one like she did for Shoko or something.

That last one is especially weird.

Didn't Tree Trunks just get married like nine episodes ago? And trying to save a failing marriage by having a baby is some time-honoured ticket to depression type stuff.

So, think Finn will grow some kind of new plant arm? Or maybe PB will build him a robot one like she did for Shoko or something.

I admit I missed quite a few episodes this last season so I had no idea treetrunks had gotten married, either way that's pretty crazy. I would assume finn would get a robotic arm, though they could just go full blown tetsuo since they clearly made that reference already.  Have it be some weird plant/robot thing.

Adventure Time is the most bizarre phenomenon. It started out as a short with just completely random absurd humor and it was great and now it's expanded to this at least six-season series with some seriously dark undertones. And it still manages to be funny when it actually tries to. Amazing.

Tree Trunks had already been divorced three times, as revealed in the marriage episode, so I don't think it's especially weird that she might want another. Also, analyzing the marriage and divorce habits of a tiny green cartoon elephant just sort of proves how bizarre Adventure Time is.

Oh man I loved Kaiba! Now that I remember how I loved Kaiba, I want to go watch everything else this Masaaki Yuasa has done since apparently I should .

Other than his guest appearances on western shows, do any of you have suggestions?