Finally the movie comes! I bought the DVD set for Minuscule years ago when I was in Paris and had a good time watching all of them. Hope it comes to the U.S.!

| (• ◡•)| ADVENTURE TIME! (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

So I really loved the newest episode, "Blade of Grass."

I feel like Finn now having a sword permanently attached to his right arm is meant as yet another implication that he's going to lose said arm. Either way, I love that the show keeps track of Finn's changing arsenal and appearance, and it's neat that he'll presumably be drawn with the grass armband from now on.

Also, the hooligans who love candles are the best.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1836563008/wakfu-the-animated-series?ref=search

A Kickstarter for Wakfu's English Dub. This series is apparantly awesome, but confusing to me as to whether I should post it in Cartoons or Anime, as it's based off a French MMO, and is originally voiced in French, but animated by a Japanese anime studio.

Anyone else watched it? I stopped when it got to the boring football thing, but been told that it's excellent should you choose to push past it. Also why is the first stretch goal to get the French subbed? I'd have assumed that was there by default. :/

| (• ◡•)| ADVENTURE TIME! (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

So I really loved the newest episode, "Blade of Grass."

I feel like Finn now having a sword permanently attached to his right arm is meant as yet another implication that he's going to lose said arm. Either way, I love that the show keeps track of Finn's changing arsenal and appearance, and it's neat that he'll presumably be drawn with the grass armband from now on.

Also, the hooligans who love candles are the best.

Probs shouldn't have read that spoiler, but that sounds like some Arrested Development style foreshadowing!

There are only 25 episodes on Irish Netflix:(

Anyone else watched it? I stopped when it got to the boring football thing, but been told that it's excellent should you choose to push past it. Also why is the first stretch goal to get the French subbed? I'd have assumed that was there by default. :/

YESSSSSSSS

I loved the first season of Wakfu, but stopped partway through season 2. I'm so happy to see it finally being picked up for an English release.

Also, you should keep going. It's weird that they decided to do a parody of anime filler arcs by having everyone play soccer for four episodes, but after that is where it really gets good.

Probs shouldn't have read that spoiler, but that sounds like some Arrested Development style foreshadowing!

Or anyone's Netflix, unfortunately. :(

It's dumb.

Season 1 is finally out on DVD for us though! only took a number of years for it to happen! the merch came out before the DVD. wtf.

YESSSSSSSS

I loved the first season of Wakfu, but stopped partway through season 2. I'm so happy to see it finally being picked up for an English release.

Also, you should keep going. It's weird that they decided to do a parody of anime filler arcs by having everyone play soccer for four episodes, but after that is where it really gets good.

I guess me n my missus can stop watching anime for a while to catch up then. This season is pretty lame apart from space dandy, which everyone seems to hate T_T

I can certainly see why people had problems with Legend of Korra Season 2! (I haven't finished the season, just watched the flashback episodes.)

I see what they were going with by trying to illustrate that the Avatar is not just the master of magic elemental powers but also a source of wisdom and balance by flipping the Avatar we're comfortable with. Aang had the wisdom and balance down pretty early, especially when they decided to make Sokka the goofball instead of Aang, and Aang needed to learn the magic bending powers. Korra is the opposite: she's got the magic bending powers but she needs to learn wisdom and balance. And then they had no idea how to do that.

You kind of need to structure your series differently if you're going to make a series about a fuckup who learns to be a better person, and you need to make room in your show for your main character to do some self-reflection or at least get tol'. Even when they do the flashback, they skim right over Wan learning wisdom from the spirits - in one scene he's fighting against the spirits, then a montage, then in the next scene he's in harmony with the spirits.

I've just started watching The Venture Bros, and it's really enjoyable. I like it a lot. My favourite character is Doctor Girlfriend. I'm about half way through the yard sale episode and I find it quite sweet how she's turning down people in favour of the moth villain guy. I haven't seen the end of the episode yet though - I'm hoping that I won't be eating these words by the end of the episode. Regardless of that episode, she's still the most rounded character and also has some of the best lines. The comical gruff bloke's voice is also bizarrely suited to her dead-pan attitude to things.

Brock is also incredibly likeable. I like him too, but the sceptic in me is worried that he's going to get silly and extreme in a family guy-esq gross-out way in later series. I feel that he's the kind of character who could easily succumb to lazy writing later on. Is this true? I know there's a lot of Venture Bros. for me to catch up on. 

Uh Brock gets really developed later and I don't think the writing ever gets lazy, but based on what you're saying I can't tell if you'll like the show in the later seasons.

I stopped watching Venture Bros only because. the software I used to watch US shows stopped working... I think? I should really try to catch up. how many seasons have passed since 

they killed one of the main minions? That's the last episode I remember.

I just started watching "Wander over Yonder" and... it's amazing? Of all the new cartoons that came out recently, it's pretty safe to say this one is the best I've seen.

First Gravity Falls and now Wonder over Yonder, who would think Disney cartoon would get so awesome!

PS: Did anybody see the Mabel shorts on YouTube? BRILLIANT! X3

Uh Brock gets really developed later and I don't think the writing ever gets lazy, but based on what you're saying I can't tell if you'll like the show in the later seasons.

As long as there isn't a 5 minuet 'sketch' where they're throwing up, I'm sure it'll be ok. I guess I'll stop watching it when it stops becoming funny. Finished that episode and I laughed. Doctor girlfriend is still the best.

I'm watching Avatar. I don't know why.

I hear it's good, but not really been bothered to give it a fair try. Is it good?

It's for kids. But since I was watching it at 2 am that's probably all my brain could take at that point. I'm enjoying it, but I'm not sure it is good. I imagine there is much better thanks I could be watching, but they probably won't have dragons in them.

It's for kids. But since I was watching it at 2 am that's probably all my brain could take at that point. I'm enjoying it, but I'm not sure it is good. I imagine there is much better thanks I could be watching, but they probably won't have dragons in them.

It is for kids, but I think Avatar is great. It helps to know that it pretty much never stops improving over its entire run (and if you've seen the episode "The Great Divide" then congratulations! You've seen what is far-and-away the worst episode in the series.) I would even say that, as far as cartoons go, there are few better things than Avatar.

Avatar is odd in that it starts off as a competent kids' show and somewhere along the line becomes a great show. By mid-season 2 it's definitely a great show, but I wouldn't blame you for not being enthused to get to there.

It is for kids, but I think Avatar is great. It helps to know that it pretty much never stops improving over its entire run (and if you've seen the episode "The Great Divide" then congratulations! You've seen what is far-and-away the worst episode in the series.) I would even say that, as far as cartoons go, there are few better things than Avatar.

I'm watching the great divide right now and I was wondering why you said it was far and away the best in the series. I had to come back to reread your comment: P

Is odo from ds9 voicing one of the elders?

At times it feels like the whole of Europe just got completely screwed over when I comes to licensing deals for a huge amount of the best output from places like Cartoon Network. At best we seem to get 1-2 series of things before everything disappears into some sort of distribution black hole.

Then there's genuine classics like Samurai Jack or Batman the animated series which are available to some extent but only as terrible reproductions (I mean barely VHS quality).

/sigh

I mean every time I hear something decent mentioned here I try and search for somewhere it's being streamed and just hit a brick wall.

Well, Avatar has indeed improved greatly. I'm really enjoying it now. They really rounded out a lot of characters. Even the silly murder mystery episode was a lot better than I expected at the start of it.

Edit: And poor general Iroh:(

Shocking surprise: it turns out that Academy Awards judge actually are full of shit.

"I have seen none of them. I have no interest whatsoever. That ended when I was 6. My son dragged me to a few when he was 6; I would seat him and go outside and make phone calls."

-Professional response from one of the "Best Animated Feature" judges.

:spiraldy:

I was curious about this, and a little searching shows what I suspected; the nominations are decided by people from respective fields but the final voting is one giant pool of all academy members. So while I agree those quotes show a gross and willful ignorance of what they are voting on, they are not specifically animation judges so it makes more sense.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/movies/2014/03/01/who-votes-for-academy-awards/Fxc03bpUkPv4VvjsXlnwPM/story.html

And a little credit where it's due, most of the people (4/7) quoted in that article abstained from voting, including the especially flippant person you quoted. So at worst they just aren't helping anyone. The biggest thing this article and resultant reading has told me is that the academy probably needs to rethink they way they handle voting nowadays, or shed some categories.

Shocking surprise: it turns out that Academy Awards judge actually are full of shit.

"I have seen none of them. I have no interest whatsoever. That ended when I was 6. My son dragged me to a few when he was 6; I would seat him and go outside and make phone calls."

-Professional response from one of the "Best Animated Feature" judges.

:spiraldy:

Love the dude who is like "I liked them all about the same", successfully dodging the question all together.