I posted Bee and Puppycat on the last page!

Gravity Falls released some fun shorts

Here they all are

Cool! I feel like they just now hit the potential I was hoping for with crazy spook-mongering. Very happy

I've only seen sporadic episodes of Adventure Time, but I wish I could watch all of them, cos it seems like I'd love it to bits.

Here's that Bee and Puppycat Kickstarter someone just mentioned. I guess I missed it.

Final episodes of Legend of Korra have been aired (on the internet only, for some reason).

I know a lot of people weren't convinced by the first season, but I loved it. Considering the leap in quality between seasons back in A:tLA (season 2 was especially better than season 1), I was expecting great things from Korra season 2. Turns out I was setting myself up for disappointment. Things get better in the second half of the season, but on balance the show was bogged down by weird plotting, inconsistent animation quality and really frustrating character choices.

I'm gonna keep watching future seasons, but I'm not as hyped for season 3 as I was for season 2.

Korra is the most annoying main character ugh.

I liked season one, but season two has been hell. EXCEPT for the first Avatar episodes. Those were great. I wish the series had been that.

I know a lot of people weren't convinced by the first season, but I loved it. Considering the leap in quality between seasons back in A:tLA (season 2 was especially better than season 1), I was expecting great things from Korra season 2. Turns out I was setting myself up for disappointment. Things get better in the second half of the season, but on balance the show was bogged down by weird plotting, inconsistent animation quality and really frustrating character choices.

I'm gonna keep watching future seasons, but I'm not as hyped for season 3 as I was for season 2.

Korra is the most annoying main character ugh.

I liked season one, but season two has been hell. EXCEPT for the first Avatar episodes. Those were great. I wish the series had been that.

I watched the first few episodes of this season of Korra and stopped because I did not like it. I don't really know what else to say.

Fuuuck guys, I was saving this season as a special present for myself, why'd they do this to me?

While I did enjoy the Avatar finale, I do know it was much dumber and made less sense and seemed more forced.

Am I supposed to like Mako? It feels like he wants Korra AND Asami and changes his mind on which is his favorite with each episode...

The spirit world thing seemed like a convenient Deus Ex Machina that had the exact item or spirit they needed, or just to make cameos of characters we actually like.

But.... VERRICK! And Bolin! YES! They made everything worth it.

I'm pretty sure this is the end of Korra, right?

I can imagine the next avatar being mentored by Jinora or have her play some role, since the spirit world will have to have a bigger role in what ever Avatar cartoon comes next

Fuuuck guys, I was saving this season as a special present for myself, why'd they do this to me?

I say it's still worth watching, if you liked the first season. Just be prepared for the first 3-4 episodes to be pretty weak. 

I'm pretty sure this is the end of Korra, right?

I can imagine the next avatar being mentored by Jinora or have her play some role, since the spirit world will have to have a bigger role in what ever Avatar cartoon comes next

Gonna take this out of spoilers since it's common knowledge: there will be at least two more seasons of Korra. I for one am happy about it, since I think the Korra character actually has a lot of potential for interesting growth... and frustratingly the show has fulfilled almost none of that potential so far.

I actually have the opposite opinions from you concerning Mako and Bolin.

Yeah, Mako had some moments of dishonesty and arguable infidelity, but while I don't approve of what he's doing I can totally empathize with why he does them. What's more, he's one of the only characters this season whose motivations and psychology are communicated this well to me; Bolin in particular became a brainless dick for a while and the justifications felt weak and underexplored.

Verrick is the best thing to come out of this season, though, no question.

I just watched the last four episodes and what the fuck it was pretty good? The two episodes before these were AWFUL gross and I wanted to quit, I almost DID, I probably would have if it hadn't been for The Beginning, or whatever those in-the-past episodes were called, being so great, but then well this shit was good?

Hey it's all good. Everything's good. Great! Hunky dory.

(Verrick was great, but the whole time I was worried about a specific thing happening with him and then it did and it sorta ruined things for me. I guess he managed to come back with a win, though, so that's good.)

I think I know what you mean with Verrick and yeah, he did come back with a win.

You're right about Mako being the one with the best motivations and his storyline is good, but the romance part just taints it too much. As for Bolin, come on, he's the comedic sidekick, the bride plotline was hilarious up to it's conclusion in the finale and it was hilarious to see how his naivety and innocence had to do with his rise to fame. And the fact the he became the hero he was pretending to be in the movies was a nice closer for his plotline too.

I wish they didn't have to do the juvenile romance stuff. Whenever they dabbled in romantic moments in A:tLA it was awful, and it was my least favorite part of Korra season 1.

I imagine their tween demo eats it up, though.

I wish they didn't have to do the juvenile romance stuff. Whenever they dabbled in romantic moments in A:tLA it was awful, and it was my least favorite part of Korra season 1.

I imagine their tween demo eats it up, though.

Just anecdotal, but I've spoken multiple times with my advisor's two kids (thirteen and fifteen, I think) and i) they think Bolin is great and can't get enough of him, and ii) they think Mako's love life is super interesting and not at all contrived. They're smart kids too, so I don't know.

For some reason last night I got the International Friendship Song from Animaniacs stuck in my head and decided the only way to remedy this was to watch that bit again.  Several hours later and I'm still watching random Animaniacs clips.  What really surprised me was how many jokes and such I didn't understand or comprehend as a kid that I now get, such as the entire Heart of Twilight segment which is a parody of Heart of Darkness (and Apocalypse Now of course).  Also more adult innuendo than I remember.  One prominent example to me was an episode where they're detectives or something.  Cut to Dot yelling "I found him!" and holding the singer Prince.  Yakko then says "No, no, no, fingerprints".  Dot looks at Prince for a second, then says "Nah" and throws him out the window.

I say it's still worth watching, if you liked the first season. Just be prepared for the first 3-4 episodes to be pretty weak. 

Having just watched the first six episodes... Wow, yeah.

It would be really great if every season doesn't begin with someone using Korra's recklessness, vanity, and inexperience to manipulate her for political gain. It's not like it's totally transparent or anything.

Also, again to agree with Dium a month late, Bolin makes me laugh but he's an idiot made of random. Mako's struggles with dishonesty are more interesting and relatable, but they're hamstrung by his relationship to Korra, who apparently made it through the first season having learned absolutely nothing about herself as the Avatar or as a person. Tween demographic, indeed.

I've slowly started watching Adventure Time, and am really enjoying it for all the obvious reasons. The humour walks a fine line between unusual and try-hard wacky, but always manages to stay on the right side by mixing it up a lot.

One thing I'm wondering about is that the Netflix series description says it takes place in a post-apocalyptic land. Is this accurate, is it something that gets expanded on at some point? I'm only on episode 6, so I haven't yet seen anything that suggests that, except for the bombed out bit of land at the very top of the titles (which I had initially not taken literally, especially as it also had axes and stuff as well as the nukes, but now realise also has a tv and set of headphones)...

It is accurate, but it's not something that's ever really directly addressed - though arguments could be made for a few episodes, I suppose. There are just a lot of hints (some very blatant, some less so).

There's a couple episodes that directly depict the aftermath. Also a 2 parter that shows an alternate cataclysm date. There's never an explanation for the start, just that it's clearly a nuclear war. They start addressing it more directly in season 2 I believe

The official story from Pen is that the apocalypse (Called the 'Mushroom War' in AT) happened, and technology got superseded by magic as the world slowly got rebuilt.

The end of Season 3 and beggining of 4 have the big Apocalyptic episodes. specifically: "Remember me" (best episode ever - "Oh bubblegum" gets me close to tears every time I hear it), "The Lich (Part one)", "Jake the Human", "Finn the Dog" and "Simon and Marcie". 

I remember first noticing the post-apocalyptic stuff in "Heat Signature". 

On a seperate note - The Ice King is the best. It's a credit to the writers how he changes from just a plain villan to a tragic victim as the series continues. Hands down the best cartoon ever.

Just anecdotal, but I've spoken multiple times with my advisor's two kids (thirteen and fifteen, I think) and i) they think Bolin is great and can't get enough of him, and ii) they think Mako's love life is super interesting and not at all contrived. They're smart kids too, so I don't know.

Kids are more tolerant of well-worn tropes than adults are, even smart kids. This is frequently confused for kids not being discerning, but they pick up on lazy plotting pretty well.

Sure but I'd argue that the romance subplot in Korra is just bad. Not because it's a trope - because it's baaaad.

Kids are more tolerant of well-worn tropes than adults are, even smart kids. This is frequently confused for kids not being discerning, but they pick up on lazy plotting pretty well.

Maybe. I also think I'm less tolerant just because I'm approaching thirty and so the idea of being caught between two love interests isn't this titanic and insurmountable dilemma to me. Mako, Asami is the better girl. If you like both equally, go with her. If you really like Korra better, you're going to have to work at it, because she's naive, unstable, and the Avatar.

I'm sure that, for a younger audience that has only dated a little and not seriously, it all seems like a really big deal, but this stuff has happened repeatedly in my life and the lives of those I know, so it's hard to view Mako's prevarication as anything other than what it is, the worst choice in the situation, but one which I'm not always sure the show earns.

Holy shit, there's a new Baidir trailer. It's actually happening. I've been waiting for this series to come to fruition since something like 2008 and it's finally happening.

...and then I get to the end, and it's some kind of motion comic for phones now. Welp.