Frenetic Pony

Nextbox 1080: The Reckoning

Will it let me order and eat a pizza without leaving my couch?

I keep reiterating that they have to go for Xbox361. The only logical choice. It's maths.

I heard a rumour that they were just calling it "The Xbox." That kind of makes sense, in a way. So many people already call the 360 "the Xbox" that you pretty much have to refer to the actual Xbox as "the original Xbox." Why keep adding numbers to the end if nobody cares about them?

Alternatively: "Kinext"

XBox Infinity.

Kind of destroys the brand for any further advancement beyond this one.

Hey woah this is the name idea I had months ago. I think it opens up some good marketing avenues considering the whole Windows 8 thing.

Xbox Kinect is all about getting you to say the word 'Xbox' at the start of every sentence (instead of 'Xbox 360') anyway, thereby accepting the centrality of the device to the satisfaction of all your marketing-induced entertainment needs. Xbox so calling the next one simply Xbox makes sense from that point of view.

Are you guys being serious!? The new console will be called xbox

maybe they'll market it and always refer to it as 'The new Xbox' but it'll be just be called xbox

Are you guys being serious!? The new console will be called xbox

maybe they'll market it and always refer to it as 'The new Xbox' but it'll be just be called xbox

Wanna place a bet on that, Captain Confident?

XBox Infinity.

Kind of destroys the brand for any further advancement beyond this one.

XBox Infinity+1.

Wanna place a bet on that, Captain Confident?

:) Well i was super confident until you asked me to bet. now just quietly confident

maybe they'll call it #Xbox, like will.i.am's new song #thePOWER ("with a silent hashtag", i actually heard him describe it that way on a chat show a couple of days ago :barf:post-27841-0-74004100-1366901352.jpg)

wow will.i.am's website is will.i.am

Idle Thumbs group chat meet up CONFIRMED.

"Under Microsoft's current guidelines, which may still be changed, the decision of whether a game will require an internet connection to work and if that is a one-time authentication or a constant connection, will be left up to individual publishers."

If true, that seems like an easy way for Microsoft to avoid any blame or anger for the 'always online' requirement.

"Some of these bigger, cross-title, communal achievements will be a requirement for all titles"

I'm trying to maintain objectivity in regards to the NextBox but I can't help feeling a little pessimistic. I guess they have figured out how obsessive some people (admittedly myself for some games, damn you Bethesda) get over trying to get all of the achievements in a game. So if every game has at least one cross-title achievement and you are the type of person that tries to get every achievement in every game this could be one crazy ass fucked up rabbit hole. A rabbit hole I will take a dump in.

I'm trying to maintain objectivity in regards to the NextBox but I can't help feeling a little pessimistic. I guess they have figured out how obsessive some people (admittedly myself for some games, damn you Bethesda) get over trying to get all of the achievements in a game. So if every game has at least one cross-title achievement and you are the type of person that tries to get every achievement in every game this could be one crazy ass fucked up rabbit hole. A rabbit hole I will take a dump in.

Steve Ballmer to you, suddenly just appearing on your computer screen with no way to get rid of it "Suck my box, bitch!"

"Under Microsoft's current guidelines, which may still be changed, the decision of whether a game will require an internet connection to work and if that is a one-time authentication or a constant connection, will be left up to individual publishers."

If true, that seems like an easy way for Microsoft to avoid any blame or anger for the 'always online' requirement.

There were rumors some time ago that the PS4 will be handling things in exactly the same way, and i hope people will notice that Sony has been expertly dodging any questions about DRM and always-online.

Anyways, i don't like the sound of what that Polygon article is saying about achievements.

"Microsoft is playing around with cross-platform achievements as well. Ideally, these achievements could be earned by playing a game on the next-gen system and then using a companion app, a website or maybe even by playing a specific game, like a prequel to a next-gen title, on the Xbox 360."

"LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE" is the grossest kind of achievement, and that sounds like the direction Microsoft is going in.

Also not into the idea that they want to continually tweak and add achievements to games. Having a goal line is part of the appeal, when you're at 900 points as there's a few tough achievements left to get.