sammorris12

Papers, Please

I just discovered the branching save game structure. It looks to me like you can freely make multiple branches off any completed day, and it'll just grow without overwriting any existing "threads" you've got going ... is this right?

Yup. If you mess up a certain event you could quit your current game, load that day again, and replay it. I've done it a few times when I know I stuffed something up.

Replaying that day overwrites that save though, so you can't have multiple branching "threads".

Has anyone else created their own physical rule book? I made this one for the beta, it lacks a few of the new things introduced in the full release but is still my stalwart companion during this game. It really saves time when checking geographical information and permit seals, plus I don't have to shuffle stuff on my desk as much.

post-33503-0-49561500-1376498124_thumb.jpg

It's very tempting, as looking up stuff is really time-consuming. I guess it's cheating, though, as clumsily leafing through rulebooks is one of the game mechanics.

I used screenshots to make a collage and I have that on my second monitor.

Has anyone else created their own physical rule book? I made this one for the beta, it lacks a few of the new things introduced in the full release but is still my stalwart companion during this game. It really saves time when checking geographical information and permit seals, plus I don't have to shuffle stuff on my desk as much.

attachicon.gifP1140037.JPG

cheating or not, this is awesome!

The binder rings are the best part.

Was thinking that as well. Matubula, the binder in game has 21 rings, not 18. You'll have to redo your drawings.

Was thinking that as well. Matubula, the binder in game has 21 rings, not 18. You'll have to redo your drawings.

Do I still get the certificate for sufficience? 

As an aside, can you be deemed any better than sufficient? My lowest number of citations has been 5 up until that point.

This thing just goes on and on. I'd really like to see how all the little plots could turn out, but it seems hard to go back and find the branching points for each of them, and if you can't play parallel games it would be a pain. Also, I'm getting by every day with some money to spare, but recently there have been some stuff happening where I'm told to do stuff with people coming in later that day, and they never do, which makes me feel like maybe I'm a bit slow. Also, I can't afford that sweet apartment ...

I finally started playing this after PAX because I met Lucas Pope.  I'm kinda fascinated by this game.  Reminds me of going to work because of all the security measures I have to go though (I work at a nuclear power plant).

Also, today I had to detain Argobot because she was on the wanted list.  Sorry.

Posted with permission

dWZoWyv.jpg

I haven't played this game, but I think it's hilarious that I can decide whether or not people I've met in real life, or just know from the internet, are allowed into the country. 

It's weird seeing my name in a game, even weirder considering Argodale is so far off from being an acceptable faux-Eastern European name.

(Also, I probably would have detained myself)