Sign in to follow this  
Dewar

Zafehouse Diaries: Read About Your Death in Excruciating Detail

I thought for sure this would have a thread after it was talked about on the podcast, but the search function revealed nothing.

Zafehouse-Diaries_4_zpsef9919a8.jpg

Gameplay consists of assigning your different survivors to tasks on the map pictured above, then watching in the diary for detailed descriptions of how they fail to do those tasks. Also included are bickering, racism, sexism, and eventual death and reanimation as a walking corpse.

I bought this for my Windows 8 tablet hoping for a touch-only game that I could play on the bus. It has filled that gap well, needing a keyboard only to get out to the save menu. It does crash if I sleep my tablet though.

My first few games have gone downhill pretty quickly. In my most recent one, I successfully baricaded my starting house, but lost two people searching a factory for the first couple of pieces to the escape vehicle. I made it back to my safehouse with those parts, but then got stuck in the store next door after nightfall. After a long fight to secure the building, all three of the survivors were injured, the third of which was looking a bit... hungry. Amputating his leg to save his life failed, he died and came back as a zombie, and the whole episode left the two remaining survivors unable to even speak to each other. Then the super zombie came....

Anyway, it's great fun, you should try it.