Murdoc

Neptune's Bountiful Pride: The Sequel

Yeah, I'd like to start a real time game so I can stop paying attention to the turn based stuff. It's not my jam, I don't understand the appeal.

Still neat to try out though, but I think it's also the combination of the AI players and the dark galaxy. Dark Galaxies are kind of novel, but I find my desire for politcking is decreased.

There's a way to dark spawn which is great, because you're not at a disadvantage if you're the last to join a game. Honestly, I took a look at the RT map and said, "fuck this," because all the corners were taken. I realize that a corner is by no means an assurance of victory, but there's such an advantage of not being in the middle of the galaxy that it turned me off enough to not jump in.

I get the same anxiety from this game that I get from board games and for some reason, it's so much worse than even the most competitive video games.

Since the turn-based map has been won, shall we move on to another real-time dark map?

yuck! I just finished out the turn-based game against AI. It was weird jumping 8 hour intervals every time I hit a button... felt like MOO.

Hey is anyone down for another game? I lost a few of you guys somehow. I wish there was a 'friends list' so I could just invite people directly and they would have the option of renaming themselves in game. 

Sorry about the turn based dark game! Didn't realize it would be such a slow burn! 

http://triton.ironhelmet.com/game/5590333396090880

password : wizards

Hey uh. I must be missing something. I haven't played in a while but I can't find any options for setting garrisons on stars. What the hell is going on?

Hey YoThatLimp,

Maybe try to get a list of people willing to play going, the whole starting a game and hoping people pop on doesn't seem to be working that well.

If you go that route, count me in, I'd be up for a normal game again at this point. 

I should probably try to play this more frequently so it's not always trying to relearn everything each game... but man, I don't think I can commit to that. I almost need a Neptunes Pride Lite, whatever that would be... maybe against AI or something.

Since I recently got myself a lifetime account for throwing together our second office game, I could set up for the fine folk around here too, if enough people are interested.

I kind of want to play this again.

Maybe I should get everyone at work involved.

I have long-time friends at work that I didn't talk to for a couple of weeks after we played a few games of this together. It's the worst team building experience ever.

Looks like we got four interested players here and I can probably rustle up a few more, so I guess I might as well put that lifetime license to use. Time for another game of intergalactic warfare. Send me an email to deadpanlunatic at gmail dot com if you want in on this.

Setting things up and getting folk in will talk at least until early June I figure, so you know, be aware of that.

The (likely) deets:

- Real time, 24 hour cycles, no formal alliances, rare random warpgates, regular everything else.

- We'll use fancy nicknames to anonymize the game.

- I'll be in the game as admin to restore players that go AFK or pause the game if needed, but will otherwise stick to my six starting planets and act as DM only.

I'll just need an email address for working out nicknames and sending you the game link and password when it goes live. So, write me when you get a chance.

Ah crap did this start up? I was just coming to post to see if anyone was up for a game.

Nope, still gathering players. Just send me a message with your email address and I'll keep you posted.