Murdoc

Neptune's Bountiful Pride: The Sequel

Buuuuuuuuuump.

My boss just introduced this to the office. Big mistake. Every time you walk past my coworkers' monitor, this is open. We're all intently clicking and scrolling on colorful circles.

...and that bump has dragged me back in. Just waiting for one more player before the new game starts. I hope it goes better than past games have for me.

Still, as terrible as I am, I love all of the political sort of communication and pacts and stuff. It's definitely the meat of the game for me.

Just waiting for one more player before the new game starts.

Are you playing a public game? That's no fun!

I'd be up for another game, though I think based on the last experience with the small game, an odd number of players would be preferred if there's not a lot of people, or maybe it doesn't matter. If there's not many players, maybe try a crazy game type/galaxy map to change it up a bit.

nf4gcGJ.jpg

Holy shit, this game makes me anxious like nothing else. I'm in purple.

If there's still an open slot, I'll jump in.

I've decided I can't play this game any longer, it was giving me an ulcer and keeping me from being productive.

I've created a small 8 player test game.

Password is :  Wizard

Alright, I'm in, and will share Architecture's sentiments in a few days.

I finally, finally, bought a functioning tablet, so I can finally realize my dream from years ago about playing this and feeling like I'm in star trek.

I'm in but a bit wary of the game settings. Dark Galaxy has a chilling effect on diplomacy for me, and the turn-based setup could either result in a quicker game (more turns submitted within 24 hours) or it dragging and only moving forward 8 hours every day. Let's hope for the former.

Also I fear Commander Murdoc's potency as a tablet-ruler now!

Hm, didn't get an email that it started. So missed a couple turns, that may not be good.

Edit: Okay, soooo.... it's turned based, does that mean unless I submit a turn my orders to my fleets don't go through? I assume the fleet traveling is still real time, but when I tried to launch one, it just sat there... I assume until the next turn, or when the turn is entered?

Have a bit to learn with this system...

Hm, didn't get an email that it started. So missed a couple turns, that may not be good.

Edit: Okay, soooo.... it's turned based, does that mean unless I submit a turn my orders to my fleets don't go through? I assume the fleet traveling is still real time, but when I tried to launch one, it just sat there... I assume until the next turn, or when the turn is entered?

Have a bit to learn with this system...

You set up flight paths and buy infrastructure and all that jazz. Once you are happy with what direction things are going, you submit the turn and this game is set up to progress 8 hours instantly in a turn once all players are ready.

I am disappoint in the anonymous players going AFK and leaving this early :wacko:

So I'm guessing from the 3 drop outs that this game isn't going so well. Shall we restart and try without the turn taking format?

So I'm guessing from the 3 drop outs that this game isn't going so well. Shall we restart and try without the turn taking format?

AI is supposedly improved, but who knows by how much. I just think it'd be nice to have a sense of which users were playing (and not even what their alias is). With the forums being open, people could just stumble in which is great if they participate but not if they don't.

What will be funny is when we realize this is a super gigantic map and we won't meet each other until a month from now.

edit; seriously though, How does the ETA's work on the fleets? Does time only progress each time a turn cycle is clicked? 

And does the production cycle follow the same methodology, or does it operate outside the turn cycle? Does the turn cycle equal one production cycle and the hour estimate is meaningless or does it simply advance it x amount of hours?

I'm sure I could figure this out if I watch it closely after a couple turns, but it seemed reasonable to ask.

You're overthinking it. The game is the exact same as real-time Neptune, only the game is paused and then progresses 8 hours instantly once everyone has submitted their turns.

Let me just say that I didn't join because I didn't want to play a turn-based game. The anxiety of the real-time clock is a big part of it for me.

Blue's the hermit kingdom on that starfield.

So are we done with the turn based one?

Turn based one still going on, but it's a slow, slow burn not being real time.

I'm digging the turn based game. I just wish we didn't have the AI/AFK players, but that's made for the turns to process faster.

Still not digging the turned based stuff, especially now that I've met another player.

Maybe there's just something I'm not understanding but, I can't anticipate the other players moves like I could in real time, so it just like press a button and see what happens. Oops, I lost 4 stars.

I was wondering if there were any games starting soon. I've always meant to try the game, but everyone I talk to about it thinks it sounds dumb and/or scary.