Murdoc

Neptune's Bountiful Pride: The Sequel

Is anyone else having trouble getting the game to load? A new beta version has been applied is my only guess at what's going on.

So... would anyone be interested in doing a nice, casual, friendly game to check out that "dark mode"?

I get the feeling that it might just hinder the whole diplomacy thing and the game will rely more on the mechanics from the start, but I'd be curious to check it out and see how it plays out. 

Plus the idea of "exploration" for the first little bit in NP sounds really exciting.

So... would anyone be interested in doing a nice, casual, friendly game to check out that "dark mode"?

I get the feeling that it might just hinder the whole diplomacy thing and the game will rely more on the mechanics from the start, but I'd be curious to check it out and see how it plays out. 

Plus the idea of "exploration" for the first little bit in NP sounds really exciting.

I'd be willing to try it - I'll be a total rookie so I'd need to wrap my head around basic mechanics anyway. A chilled would be a good intro

Count me in

Ok, I really want to try this, but am willing to wait for a few more players, but let's start a list and a tentative start date of anywhere starting this week to, say late August.

Dark Mode Game

1. Sloar

2. illeria

3. Murdoc

4.Deleric

I've still got a premium account and can start up a game if anyone else wants to join in.

I'd be up for it, I haven't played pride but I played their fantasy version, blight of the immortals :)

I found an old blackmail note from a game a few months ago.  I think I was being scammed out of a tech deal, but they followed through in the end so I never had to post it.

-- GALAXY-WIDE TRANSMISSION --
NEW SPACESCIENTIST ISSUE 4x10^15 MAY

PSA FROM LEAD SPACE SCIENTEST J. MALLARD, DEVELOPER OF ADVANCED ASTRALSCANNING AND PLANETARY TERRAFORMING. ALSO THE ZUNE.

My Fellow Researchers,

I will keep things brief. It would seem one among our ranks does not care for the advancement of spacekind and science, but rather, his own personal greed.
Uhrmungle has revealed a new level of galactic corruption. If you were thinking of accepting his seemingly-gracious offers, let it be known that not only will you be contributing to the war efforts of the largest corporate hivemind in the Zuneverse, but also that the promised grant money and shared research will not arrive.

My hands are tied, and must now warn others and encourage them to also add Uhrmungle to their trading blacklist.

J. Mallard

END OF PSA

Such a weird game.

So they've done some updates and it's really been awhile since I've felt the horrifying anxiety of space.

Who's down for a game?

I have a lifetime account and could host the game. One thing I wanted to try is a smaller galaxy game, especially if fleet speed is still static.

Hey, sweet, at least 4 people makes a more interesting game than 1:1. Let's wait a week and see what happens, a couple more would be cooler.

Or if we want to try a smaller galaxy, maybe 4 is cool? I just want to see what's changed since they've been tuning the mechanics, also, destroy my sleep cycle.

If 2 of us are total newbies and murdoc just wants to test out the new mechanics, maybe a 4 player would be good? Don't think any of us are gonna go tryhard on it (till the inevitable rematch of course :D)

Sorry, I didn't mean I just want to test out the mechanics, I should have said I'm also excited to see what the new mechanics are and hows its change.

I want to play a serious game, for real. But I'm cool with 4 too because I've never tried that before.

I just want to... destroy my sleep cycle.

With fixed fleet speeds that element of Neptune's Pride is almost entirely mitigated :)

Yo all,

It's been a while and no new volunteers have stepped forward. We all ok to get stuck in? (I have no idea how to set it up so will rely on someone smarter to do this :P )

I'll start up a game tomorrow morning and send everyone the link and password. So if any new comers want to join in speak now!

A small game should be really interesting, I'm not sure if it'll be more vicious or oddly peaceful.

Okay, setting it up now; one question, everyone cool with playing a game in a dark galaxy? I've never tried it before but apparently you can only see stars in your scanning range.

Dark galaxy isn't bad for a change of pace. It forces you to scout outward a lot more. The one game I played with it on I got into a MAD scenario along the border of the first person I ran into and stopped scouting. I ended up getting totally destroyed along one of my back borders like I should have. :-P