Murdoc

Neptune's Bountiful Pride: The Sequel

I'll assume that was around the time you attacked me (Colossus), at which point I convinced Bargo go east and help defend.

This is the bad judgement call I mentioned, I didn't think Bargo would help you out if I attacked you since I knew he was busy dealing with Wolfman.

I am the WOLFMAN goo goo g'ghoo.

Congrats to "Wolfman", the winner of game 3! Come forth and reveal your true identity!

Now that the game is over, I can share my favorite moment from the game without having to worry about revealing who was (not that anyone would care, but I digress). Around 2 weeks into the game, I (under the alias "S Wizard") had arguably the strongest position, with wolfman a close second. Wolfman (who I did not share a border with) sent me the following message:

Well this cycle things get interesting. In 16hrs Swiz will get weapons 7, and at approximately the same time any ship that had started moving from Phaderus old empire will arrive at his border Swiz's.

That said i'm 90 certain he wont bother attacking. If i was in his position i'd just econ up and invest into science secure in the fact no one will attack while I have a weapon advantage.

What i'm trying to say is this, im pretty sure he's won. I just have no fucking idea what anyone could/would do to prevent it.

quickly followed by this:

Ahh well thats what happens when your tired trying to send msgs :D
Anyways as you may gather i'm pretty sure your victory is inevitable now

This, of course, was extremely suspicious. I assumed this was a ploy to convince me to turtle while he grabbed stars from the players between us, but I'm curious to find out if it was actually a hilarious mistake.

Then a few days later I made a bad judgement call that cost me the game. GG everyone involved.

Truth is, i was really reeeeeeeeeeeeealy tired & actually did just send it by acident. No master plan just a mistake of a tired man

This game really swung around completely on a few occasions at least twice I genuinely thought we had a winner, fist you Swiz & then Bargo when his ship production went stella. I guess early on I was probably the from runner because of my extremely early elimination of Vgames (i almost feel sorry for that guy, but he did attack first so i don't really :D ) followed by my annexing vgames territory and fighting a limited war v's Boost after he appeared to be collaborating with the remnants of vgames (would love to know if he actually was or not).

also I love the fact I genuinely believed what I said to Swiz as well, and that he then went & did the exact opposite :D Honestly couldn't have got a better result if it had been intentional.

I guess the big lessons are is: don't be the front runner, and tell the truth (no one will believe you).

I'm going to try and do a little summary of it from MY PoV tomorrow (&i'd encourage others to do the same) it should be interesting to see how our perceptions of what was going on differed from what was going on

I'm going to try and do a little summary of it from MY PoV tomorrow (&i'd encourage others to do the same) it should be interesting to see how our perceptions of what was going on differed from what was going on

Ill do the same. 

fighting a limited war v's Boost after he appeared to be collaborating with the remnants of vgames (would love to know if he actually was or not).

I was never allied with V Games, at the point we were fighting I was trying to convince Bargo and Colossus to come and fight you as well. It was fairly obvious early in I wasn't going to be in contention for the late game so I just did what I could to take out a few of your ships. Turns out I get annoyed when people quote Moby Dick at me.

Also you still owe me $30.

Sending messages to the wrong people is hilarious, and happened to me in game #2. That feeling of impending dread when you realise the mistake is what makes NP so goddamn good.

Sending messages to the wrong people is hilarious, and happened to me in game #2. That feeling of impending dread when you realise the mistake is what makes NP so goddamn good.

Totally happened to me as well. I felt incredibly stupid but you have to laugh, really.

I can't wait to share more about the second game once it gets to the finish, but my favorite Neptune's Pride moment involved lying to someone in a lame attempt to try and play them, and then subsequent events making that lie true, but in a way that made me both culpable and not. It'll be fun to share who believed who later on.

I can't wait to share more about the second game once it gets to the finish, but my favorite Neptune's Pride moment involved lying to someone in a lame attempt to try and play them, and then subsequent events making that lie true, but in a way that made me both culpable and not. It'll be fun to share who believed who later on.

Looking forward to hearing more about that. I am, unfortunately, really bad at lying.

I need to get in playing with you guys now that I'm a little more in the mindset of the game and how to achieve victory.

A chance to pull some Nick Breckon kind of deception has presented itself to me in a game I'm playing and I am taking it.

Dark Galaxy, where you can't see any of the galaxy beyond your view range.

In Neptune's Pride 2, no one can hear you scream.

It'll do a good job of recreating the paranoia of first contact, where you attack every person you meet because you're afraid they'll attack you first.

Dark Galaxy is essentially a really effective RTS fog-of-war for Neptune's Pride. Although I'll need to some time to recover before I put myself through something that stressful.

I'm still coping with the fact that I might achieve my first ever 1st place victory in a game.

I love the idea of the dark galaxy, the first few days of exploration would be awesome.

Going to have to try that after this game finishes(Game 1).... which it never will... I think we're now stress testing Triton to see how high we can get the numbers, all the numbers.

It also changes the tone of the game, because you're not gonna be messaging people right away setting up an alliance based on location and setting up a strategy based on that. You've gotta bump around and actually make apologies if you want to avoid conflict.

You could actually go the whole game only knowing of a few other players, which sounds fascinating.

It seems to me that Neptune's Pride: Dark Galaxy would be a lot more interesting if scanning took longer to research. Fortunately, I believe this is a thing you can change in the setup.

You could actually go the whole game only knowing of a few other players, which sounds fascinating.

Oh man that's true. And the player list will be noting that certain players are getting obliterated or quitting and you're left wondering what the hell is going on.

I love the idea of the dark galaxy, the first few days of exploration would be awesome.

Going to have to try that after this game finishes(Game 1).... which it never will... I think we're now stress testing Triton to see how high we can get the numbers, all the numbers.

Yeah, this isn't gonna end well.