Murdoc

Neptune's Bountiful Pride: The Sequel

Any chance I can get a spot in the next game?

Asterion is putting in work in Game 2.

rWJ3koI.png?1

I imagine there may well be a period where everyone from the first 3 games is feeling to shell shocked/bitter/madly happy to even contemplate a 4th game. But maybe as the stories of triumph and horror begin to leak out it will lure a fresh crop of players to their doom.

I imagine there may well be a period where everyone from the first 3 games is feeling to shell shocked/bitter/madly happy to even contemplate a 4th game. But maybe as the stories of triumph and horror begin to leak out it will lure a fresh crop of players to their doom.

All this experience has taught me is that war is indeed hell.

In my most recent game, I had 3 "allies" swoop in and destory me. Its on Tick 13 right now, and all I have left is one fleet of ships traveling from star to star, just trying to survive.

...this must be how surviving Nazis felt.

I'm actually finding myself getting a little bored at this point. This is the first game of Neptune's Pride I've played that hasn't been essentially over by around 2 weeks in. I think that 2 weeks is about how long I can stay interested in the game. Once it does actually end, I have some good stories I'll probably share, and I suspect other people do as well.

Yeah, it's really dragging and our game doesn't have a clear victor yet.

I'm beginning to wonder about the choice to remove the increased travel speeds hasn't solved one problem (that things got too hectic to work around any sort of real life), with another (that it's harder to break a deadlock, and there's less combat tricks to play)

Annnnnd I've been eliminated from game 1. I imagine I'd have had more fun if I didn't mentally check out the moment it was clear I'd be eliminated, which was maybe 2 whole weeks ago.

Dunno. He was a great position politically just before he disappeared. Although I guess he couldn't have known that.

I'm beginning to wonder about the choice to remove the increased travel speeds hasn't solved one problem (that things got too hectic to work around any sort of real life), with another (that it's harder to break a deadlock, and there's less combat tricks to play)

I also feel like it only kind of solves that first problem, too. Late in the game people have so many ships and there are so many places to attack from that if you go to sleep you can still wake up boned since you can't send reinforcements in time.

So currently people who have requested a spot in Game 4, along with myself, are sgwilkerson and Sloar.

Annnnnd I've been eliminated from game 1. I imagine I'd have had more fun if I didn't mentally check out the moment it was clear I'd be eliminated, which was maybe 2 whole weeks ago.

Well to be fair, you were kind of a...

hmm, whats the phrase

"complete dickhead"

You'd think my role-playing was primarily inspired by my given name, but it actually fit well anyway because I am crap at strategy games and would just be flailing around anyway. I figured I might as well give some narrative reason for my ineptitude. 

And, to be fair, you guys should have snuffed out Roll Fizzlebeef when you had the chance. Now look at 'em.

I finally won a game in NP2! It was with some coworkers and lasted a little over two weeks. By the end I was huddled over my phone while on a long weekend trip to SF for a wedding, moving 30 ships around trying to take advantage of the time gap with my east coast friends. It was terrible and exhausting and totally worth it. :D The need to take a break after a few intense games is definitely there, I'll admit.

Any interest in the returners for playing a weird custom game? Here are the custom options available. (The last one is cut off, but you get the idea.)

np-settings1.png

np-settings2.png

np-settings3.png

So game 3 is winding down to its finish with only 3 players left (after an uneventful afk of the 4th place person). I think it would be cool if we did some sort of All stars game with the top 3 players of each team competing. 

I might have accidentally made Game 1 go down an extremely dark, drawn-out road.

There's only a few outcomes at this point so it's pretty worth it to try something and see where it goes. Game is going on far longer than expected though.

Congrats to "Wolfman", the winner of game 3! Come forth and reveal your true identity!

Now that the game is over, I can share my favorite moment from the game without having to worry about revealing who was (not that anyone would care, but I digress). Around 2 weeks into the game, I (under the alias "S Wizard") had arguably the strongest position, with wolfman a close second. Wolfman (who I did not share a border with) sent me the following message:

Well this cycle things get interesting. In 16hrs Swiz will get weapons 7, and at approximately the same time any ship that had started moving from Phaderus old empire will arrive at his border Swiz's.

That said i'm 90 certain he wont bother attacking. If i was in his position i'd just econ up and invest into science secure in the fact no one will attack while I have a weapon advantage.

What i'm trying to say is this, im pretty sure he's won. I just have no fucking idea what anyone could/would do to prevent it.

quickly followed by this:

Ahh well thats what happens when your tired trying to send msgs :D
Anyways as you may gather i'm pretty sure your victory is inevitable now

This, of course, was extremely suspicious. I assumed this was a ploy to convince me to turtle while he grabbed stars from the players between us, but I'm curious to find out if it was actually a hilarious mistake.

Then a few days later I made a bad judgement call that cost me the game. GG everyone involved.

Haha oh wow, that's an awesome turn of events. I'll assume that was around the time you attacked me (Colossus), at which point I convinced Bargo go east and help defend. Which arguably lost him the game because Wolfman was now able to attack his flank, essentially winning him the game.

I tried to play a very diplomatic game and only got attacked once. I was in a pretty bad position off the start with three strong players on either side of me. Im curious to see who all had strong allies? I started with talking with everyone close to me (Wolgman, Bargo, and SWiz) but had my strongest alliance with Wolfman after our minor battle. I knew he could destroy me after watched him take out Bargo and Boost fairly easily.