Murdoc

Neptune's Bountiful Pride: The Sequel

You mean "actually interesting", right? Because it got interesting.

Apologies to Phaedrus and Video Games, who died before it got interesting. It's probably not their fault. 

aR9Imkf.png

It's kind of interesting being an onlooker in one of these games... though I would love to actually be competing too

Game two.

Blue, yellow and orange have been struck down at pretty much the same time. You can see Crazy Crane's Deceit in action on the graph.

post-6685-0-90860000-1368378051_thumb.png

This is the star graph for game 3:

4fsEeH0.png

I completely forgot those graphs existed

g3ships.jpg

Here's the companion to that star chart, i like how you can actually see the big engagements on it.

Does anyone have any tips for breaking stalemates between four equally matched powers?

I'm asking for a friend.

Does anyone have any tips for breaking stalemates between four equally matched powers?

I'm asking for a friend.

Try making friends with one of the more overmatched powers to gain an advantage.

I'm advising for a friend.

You know, I can't wait for this game to be over so it can be properly discussed.

I can't wait for this game to be over 

Actually, I need to correct myself.

This game doesn't have music but if it did this song would be the main theme.

I must argue in favour of a good bit of Jarvis instead :D

I'm not sure if my graph is broken, or if it just isn't displaying everything from the beginning. 

Though I am surprised to see a huge difference between game 1 and 3. I'd be curious to know the parameters of game 3 compared to game 1. 

Since the game isn't over, I can't tell if we are having an incredibly dull game or it's so nuanced in the politicking that it can't be represented very well on a graph. Either way, it looks like we're on a slow drip for the end... *

graphstarchar.jpg

* Two people did go AFK which may or may not have slowed things down or changed everything.

I'm not sure if my graph is broken, or if it just isn't displaying everything from the beginning. 

Though I am surprised to see a huge difference between game 1 and 3. I'd be curious to know the parameters of game 3 compared to game 1. 

Since the game isn't over, I can't tell if we are having an incredibly dull game or it's so nuanced in the politicking that it can't be represented very well on a graph. Either way, it looks like we're on a slow drip for the end... *

graphstarchar.jpg

* Two people did go AFK which may or may not have slowed things down or changed everything.

I consider it more tense arms race conflict than war.

although countdown to tears via conquest is hitting 0 soon. 

I think I hear Ride of the Valkyries blaring across the galaxy in game 2.

Man, you can get knocked out really quickly towards the end of the game, with how the leading players can ramp up their research so quickly. I'd hoped to at least be a pest as the final four duke it out, but I'm already three weapon levels behind, lol.

This is a roundabout way of noting I've reached the end of my personal countdown to tears.

I really hope everyone is taking screenshots in game 1, I think we could compile them all together in the end to create a crazy magic eye.