Murdoc

Neptune's Bountiful Pride: The Sequel

Yeah I hope they come back, afk's always throw a game off balance.

Understandable if they don't though; it's a shame there isn't a feature, somehow, to allow players to join in and take over... but I'm sure that has a myriad of problems associated with it.

Maybe if there was some kind of alliance feature that let you sign on with an empire CKII-style. I suppose that could happen in game too through mails.

Yeah it's kind of a bummer, especially since they're both adjacent and completely on one side of the nebula. Maybe if it were the two galaxies in the middle it would not be bad as it would make everyone rush in to grab stars.

Oh my god, new players replacing AFK players would be amazing. It would simulate the unpredictability of a real-life succession! Kimg Jong-un takes over for Kim Jong-il.

Also, I'm not a fan of how the money production only ticks every day, but the ship production ticks in real time. It's a weird inconsistency that doesn't really add anything to the game, other than making you sit around a lot in between production ticks instead of building stuff as the money comes in.

I just finished putting together a Google Forms based Neptune's Pride Name Randomizer. To use it just make a private copy, send players the form to fill out, and when you have all the names use the Neptune's Pride menu on the spreadsheet to randomize the names and send out the results. Also if anyone want's to improve on the script please do, I am anything but a coder and just hacked this together from the secret santa template google offers.

The two AFK players can't return, once they've been away from the game for too long the game kicks them out and assigns that generic profile picture.

They've been AFK for 4 days for this happen at all, which bums me out because that was why none of Famous' neighbours came to even take advantage of our combat situation. At least I can be happy they weren't deliberately ignoring me. But god, this game left me feeling like a fucking doorstop..

Also, I'm not a fan of how the money production only ticks every day, but the ship production ticks in real time. It's a weird inconsistency that doesn't really add anything to the game, other than making you sit around a lot in between production ticks instead of building stuff as the money comes in.

I like it, since it means you have to choose between building industry immediately and saving money for emergency fleets. (Plus you can create Econ at the last minute and still get the $10 salary.)

Ships only move based on hourly ticks, right? Ships used to move in real-time in NP1. Is it possible to game this system a bit by launching ships just before the tick, reducing the launch time? Or is there still a mandatory launch period?

Does anyone know if there's a way of taking a picture of a galaxy without revealing which planets you are controlling? I'd love to see the evolution of the various thumbs galaxys but this is a obvious sticking point

one of those was me and I am sorry for being awful. everything piled up at once and I didn't know what to do.

Crazy Crane is apparently also crazy. Whether it's like a fox or not is yet to be determined.

It's funny how the game started out so light hearted and everyone expected deceit, but the chat is no silent, there are no grand gestures, and any  friendship is questionable at best.

The game went dark awhile ago, but I fear we have descended into a hole too deep to climb out of, the only option is to trudge down even further...

t's funny how the game started out so light hearted and everyone expected deceit, but the chat is no silent, there are no grand gestures, and any  friendship is questionable at best.

The game went dark awhile ago, but I fear we have descended into a hole too deep to climb out of, the only option is to trudge down even further...

This is already happening in game 3 and we are few days behind you guys.  

So far this is my NP2 experience

1. Early game: People expect betrayal and don't care when it happens. After all its all a game, right?

2. Mid game: People have built up alliances and foolishly have begun to trust. I mean if that guys been in a alliance with you from day one, he's not gonna betray you now? is he?(he is)

3. Late game: People have been betrayed, and have themselves betrayed others. What I did was totally justified, totally.

The +1 weapon advantage for defenders also helps shape the game's progression, from the early scramble for stars, to the early-mid detente, to the mid-late aggression as increasing weapon levels make the defender advantage negligible. I still think the formal late-game only begins when a few players have been eliminated. We're on the verge of that stage in Game 2, I think.

Current game 2 status:

nEulMtf.png

I think we can establish that the cyclops icon is overpowered and needs to be nerfed.

I didn't even realize there could be duplicates.  I forgot if the avatar was chosen or generated for you, since Game 1 doesn't have any doubles.

The +1 weapon advantage for defenders also helps shape the game's progression, from the early scramble for stars, to the early-mid detente, to the mid-late aggression as increasing weapon levels make the defender advantage negligible. I still think the formal late-game only begins when a few players have been eliminated. We're on the verge of that stage in Game 2, I think.

I don't know who you are, so I'm not sure what you can see, but things have gotten pretty aggressive lately.

Well game 3 certainly got contentious quickly...

You mean "actually interesting", right? Because it got interesting.

Apologies to Phaedrus and Video Games, who died before it got interesting. It's probably not their fault. 

aR9Imkf.png