Murdoc

Neptune's Bountiful Pride: The Sequel

Did it? Maybe I don't remember correctly what it was like before, but the way it is now is just useless. Maybe the best example is when you click the icon to show a planet, and the camera centers in on the planet, hiding it right underneath the huge menu. The current UI is just a failure – converting it into a sidebar shouldn't be a huge problem.

The planet hiding beneath the huge menu is what always happened, actually. As far as I remember. And yeah, there's an option to put all UI to the side.

The planet hiding beneath the huge menu is what always happened, actually. As far as I remember. And yeah, there's an option to put all UI to the side.

Well there you go, I was as wrong as can be. Moving the menus to the side is much better, though there's still huge room for improvement.

You should join the official Neptune's Pride 2 group on Google Plus and offer your expert UI advice.

Yeah, he's already making substantial changes based on feedback (like changing the galaxy screen) so it's worth a shot!

You should join the official Neptune's Pride 2 group on Google Plus and offer your expert UI advice.

fry.PNG?1307468855

I'm playing a game with some friends and I now completely understand what Sean was talking about when he brought up "loathing." Got burned while trying to foster an alliance and now I trust NO ONE!

I'm also embarrassingly obsessed with the game. Going so far as to commandeer my girlfriend's laptop in between episodes of Mad Men to check fleet movements. Fuck.

Game Three Update

We're at 7/8 players. If you're the one we're waiting for and you haven't recieved a PM with the game info let me know, otherwise i'll be opening this up to other forum members at this time tomorrow.

That blog is really amazing.

edit: wow those menu options just made my day, I never thought about checking them, awesome. Now if the menu could be semi transparent, that'd be awesome.

It just occurred to me that the Idle Thumbs "a present every day" experiment would also be interesting to perform in Neptune's Pride. I'll have to try that out some time.

Wow, that blog is amazing.  To illustrate how amazing it is, I originally began this post by typing "Oh. My. God."  but then decided it made me sound like too much of a little school girl. 

Can we get the obligatory picture of player names?

Game four should be 8 different variations on Jeff Goldblum's name.

Anyways, I cant upgrade any of my stars for some reason, and i feel super fucked.

EDIT: scratch that, this is an intentional thing. 

Phaedrus gets to end every message with PHAEDRUS OUT. The RP basically writes itself.

There used to be more options regarding what text would appear around stars, but in this version I can't find a way to turn on upgrade costs or resource amount on the map screen. Was this removed or am I just not seeing it?

There used to be more options regarding what text would appear around stars, but in this version I can't find a way to turn on upgrade costs or resource amount on the map screen. Was this removed or am I just not seeing it?

Activate the drop down and press the lightning button at the top (right next to the zoom in and out buttons) to see upgrade costs on the map.

I wanted to be "Scoops," but a non-Thumb apparently has that name already. :(